Constellation "Revolution"

Gracie115

20 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

won't cancel & not expecting "compensation"  however, expect prices for suites to drop to non revolutionized ships' pricing  Edit to add:  I paid for the Retreat, which won't be happening so....

FYI.  I just checked on our Dec 23, 2020 cruise and Suites are sold out.  It says " The Retreat" vs. Suites. 

• Like 1

Catching up on this post and see the refub is cancelled/postponed.  We are booked for February '21.  We got an amazing deal on a Sky Suite , planning on use of the  Retreat Sundeck on the 4 days at sea during the cruise.  If I read a lot of the comments correctly, Celebrity won't allow us to cancel based on this not being the ship we booked?  We have a "non refundable" deposit.  I don't we will find another ship for Feb '21 where we can get this same rate for a suite. 

Also, I looked at this sailing earlier and it still shows "the Retreat". 

45 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

Catching up on this post and see the refub is cancelled/postponed.  We are booked for February '21.  We got an amazing deal on a Sky Suite , planning on use of the  Retreat Sundeck on the 4 days at sea during the cruise.  If I read a lot of the comments correctly, Celebrity won't allow us to cancel based on this not being the ship we booked?  We have a "non refundable" deposit.  I don't we will find another ship for Feb '21 where we can get this same rate for a suite. 

I don't know the Millennium class ships at all but I do know the on the Solstice ships the "retreat" sundeck is just the existing top deck (I think above the Sky View Lounge) it's already there but open to everyone now. And the "retreat lounge" is a re-decorated Micheal's club. I understand you are in a suite so these things are part of what you expect, but I'm not sure how much actual meat is there when you peel away the big marketing fluff.

54 minutes ago, lakegirl16 said:

That's for the projection that they would get the refit this May.  🍷

6 hours ago, boykin said:

We are booked on the first sailing after Revolution, May 26,  I don't understand why they haven't canceled this cruise.  There's no way anyone is going to that part of the world anytime soon.

They’ve not cancelled yet because sailings are HOPEFULLY restarting on May 12 th.

We are waiting to hear an announcement about on our sailing on Silhouette, which at the moment is not making the planned TA.

14 hours ago, Wine-O said:

We were on Millennium last summer, and Revolution was nice.  We're on Constellation in late August for a 9-night port-intensive cruise.  We're in the exact same OV stateroom.  Revolution or no revolution, we love the M-Class ship.   We'll be at the Oceanview Bar or the Sky Lounge or the MDR.    I just hope the cruise is a go!  🍷

looks like we will be on the same cruise! Real shame we won’t get the new ship but we are hopeful for some sort of compensation on board and (if all goes ahead) we will make the most of it! 

This goes way beyond whether a shipyard will be open or have the staff.  Or if advance deposits have been previously made for materials. Cash flow is a huge issue for all cruise lines right now.  Who knows when or if they will start up again and cash is needed just to pay current bills and staff.  Even after a re-start later this year, very limited cash will be generated and it will be prioritized.  I personally feel that the Revolution is way down on the list for this cash, if on the list at all.  How many of you would be upset if they did not issue cash refunds if you qualify and instead used the cash for upgrading ships to The Retreat or on their new builds?  Would they really take Constellation out of service this year once sailing again and impact negatively their cash flow even more - just to renovate it?  For them having cash flow is to avoid bankruptcy.  They do not just generate a "boatload" of cash once cruising starts up again.  It will take time to recover.  After sailing again they could still declare bankruptcy if they cannot repay the loans they have all taken.  Even for those of you who took FCC's the cruiseline has already spent your cash on current bills.  

• Like 2

We are booked on Connie post revolution for next March.  We booked a RS and I was/am looking forward to the revolution changes.  Not sure about their schedule but am hopeful it will occur.  Agreed that they have to have the people, a place, and the resources to pull it off.  Not sure if not doing the revolution as planned will be enough grounds for a cancellation.  I, to have a NRD.

15 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

Retreat is just the new name for suites. It appears on all sailings as far as I can tell, including mine on Infinity in July which isn’t due to be revolutionised by that time. 
if you look in the small print it says not all retreat facilities on all ships. 

14 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

I don't know the Millennium class ships at all but I do know the on the Solstice ships the "retreat" sundeck is just the existing top deck (I think above the Sky View Lounge) it's already there but open to everyone now. And the "retreat lounge" is a re-decorated Micheal's club. I understand you are in a suite so these things are part of what you expect, but I'm not sure how much actual meat is there when you peel away the big marketing fluff.

Modern, renovated rooms and a private, suites only sundeck were big selling points for us when we booked our first celebrity cruise on Connie for next year. Most recent reviews I’ve read have said she is in desperate need of a renovation and I’m just not interested in spending as much as I currently am set to spend on a dated ship. I would’ve never booked a suite or possibly celebrity at all if it weren't going to be renovated. At this point, we’ll just wait and see what happens but if she’s not going to be redone by January, I can’t see myself going on it, as much as I was looking forward to it!

I found the Revolutionized Summit decor too IKEA for me.  We usually do Concierge and they removed the large couch,  replaced it with small chair.   Also removed small table from cabin.    Corners on furniture now plastic and sharp and not wood and rounded as before (like Cunard cabins).  However, i will miss the newer comfy beds and glass shower doors.  In the suites they removed the beautiful tiled baths and entryways and put in uncomfortable chairs.i think the rocking chairs were removed after complaints.  If you want to see the before and after, find the Summit  Revolutionized post from last Spring. 

18 hours ago, Blackduck59 said:

That is a fair approach, we realized that as a Concierge Class passenger the "Revolution" had very little for us. Of course the whole "revolution" is much different between the Millennium class ships and the Solstice Class. 

I hope your cruise goes forward and you have a great time.

Cheers

Thank you, it's not until May 2021, so I have high hopes that it will go on as scheduled. It's a wonderful unique itinerary :)

We moved from the May 26,2020 cruise to the May 4, 2021 cruise as well. It’s a fabulous itinerary that hits all the spots we want to see. Praying this nightmare is over soon so we all can start focusing on cruising again.

I wouldn't be at all surprised for Celebrity to find a way to sell or just get rid of Constellation and Infinity.  There is no way that the cruise lines (all of them) will be up & running with full ships immediately or even soon after they re open.  They are going to need to find ways to trim expenses, maximize revenues and I think that will mean adjusting itineraries, pricing and possibly a smaller, better, fleet.  The "S" class ships that haven't been done are still wonderful vessels that have no need of huge expensive changes now, smart thing to do would be to "cut their losses" now and hope that they can make maximum $$ on the remaining fleet......and forget the remaining "EDGE" class for at least a few years.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gracie115 said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised for Celebrity to find a way to sell or just get rid of Constellation and Infinity.  There is no way that the cruise lines (all of them) will be up & running with full ships immediately or even soon after they re open.  They are going to need to find ways to trim expenses, maximize revenues and I think that will mean adjusting itineraries, pricing and possibly a smaller, better, fleet.  The "S" class ships that haven't been done are still wonderful vessels that have no need of huge expensive changes now, smart thing to do would be to "cut their losses" now and hope that they can make maximum $$ on the remaining fleet......and forget the remaining "EDGE" class for at least a few years.

I doubt that there will be much of a market for old second-hand cruise ships in the foreseeable future, but I agree that it's worth considering as they cut their losses. The bean counters would have to do a market analysis, but I think that things are far too fluid at the current time to undertake a study of this nature. Still, this is the type of forward thinking that Celebrity needs to be doing if they are to rebound successfully.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tromvest said:

We moved from the May 26,2020 cruise to the May 4, 2021 cruise as well. It’s a fabulous itinerary that hits all the spots we want to see. Praying this nightmare is over soon so we all can start focusing on cruising again.

We too are booked for May,2021 and I would be happy if they didn’t revolutionized I. Don’t like what I have seen agree with previous post too IKEA! We also have September,2021 on Reflection booked, hope they leave that alone too. Nothing wrong with Solstice class ships.

that said I just hope we will be able to sail again. 
This is such a sad time for our country and the world, hard to imagine how we will recover.

22 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

We are booked on Connie post revolution for next March.  We booked a RS and I was/am looking forward to the revolution changes.  Not sure about their schedule but am hopeful it will occur.  Agreed that they have to have the people, a place, and the resources to pull it off.  Not sure if not doing the revolution as planned will be enough grounds for a cancellation.  I, to have a NRD.

As of right now, sailing in a RS on Connie next March, even if it was not revolutionized, sounds pretty good to me.  Just a nice dream right now to help pass the time.

7 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

As of right now, sailing in a RS on Connie next March, even if it was not revolutionized, sounds pretty good to me.  Just a nice dream right now to help pass the time.

So true...with/without the revolution, if Connie sails, so do we!

29 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

This!!!  Its amazing what we'll settle for when our choices are taken away.  I normally only eat organic eggs, however when the ONLY eggs that were available in the grocery store were regular eggs, you bet your bottom dollar that I bought them.  Same with Toilet paper.  I like Cottenelle.  I had to "settle" for the store brand( at least it was soft).   I'll take any ship that X has to offer.  I almost said " I'll take any cruise", however, that is not true. I'll never cruise on Carnival. 

• Like 3