What do you order from the deli?

crusinpsychRN

17 hours ago, angelsfort said:

does anyone know if the tuna salad has celery in it?  (celery ruins it, in my opinion... never been a fan!!)

50 years in the restaurant business, don't know if i ever had tuna that did not have celery in it

17 hours ago, coevan said:

50 years in the restaurant business, don't know if i ever had tuna that did not have celery in it

Is this your way of saying that Yes, the tuna salad in the deli has celery in it?   

(Because I've had Tuna salad in lots of places where there wasn't celery in it...  seems like its 50/50 chance of there being celery present.   I get the tuna salad at Subway all the time... NO celery!!)

I like the turkey avocado on the pretzel bun. Do they have avocado? That's hit and miss.

One time I had the arugula, mozzarella and tomato added to the tuna salad. Not bad.

Never had the hot dog, but sometimes the sandwich of the day is the best bet, or the turkey avocado on that pretzel bun!

• 3 weeks later...

Cuban sandwich prepared the regular way or the Meatballs again, just regular.  Always with extra fries.  As soon as I get it I throw away the bun/bread. I don't like being wasteful so I've tried asking for it without bread and it doesn't work out, communication issues I suppose. 

Breakfast is always nice. For dinner we usually get meatballs with salami and sweat cucumbers. To be honest they have a really high level of service and sometimes their food looks nicer than at some fancy place in town. The only problem with it is that its very expensive sometimes and its being late sometimes

14 minutes ago, Jjzbl said:

I don't like being wasteful so I've tried asking for it without bread and it doesn't work out, communication issues I suppose. 

pretty sure they understand, no bread please. I always get the turkey without mustard (YUK) and get mayo, never had a communication problem. 

2 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Breakfast is always nice. For dinner we usually get meatballs with salami and sweat cucumbers. To be honest they have a really high level of service and sometimes their food looks nicer than at some fancy place in town. The only problem with it is that its very expensive sometimes and its being late sometimes

I have no idea what you're talking  about, so ...

Can you please stop bogarting that thing you're smoking and pass it along to kill a little of the no cruising pain?

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, coevan said:

pretty sure they understand, no bread please. I always get the turkey without mustard (YUK) and get mayo, never had a communication problem. 

I'm very impressed with your amazing communication skills.

If they understood that, I wouldn't have had a problem now would I?   I'm guessing it is partly a language/communication issue and partly their efforts to be helpful.  Three times, on three different ships it has gone something like this:

Me:  orders sandwich followed with "no bun/bread please"

Them: "If you don't want that bread then what bread do you want?"

Me: "no bread at all, thanks"

Them: "wrap?"

Me:  "no thank you, no bread or bun or anything"

Them: staring at me blankly "how do you want it?"

Me: "just on the plate is great"

Them: "so, no bun?"

Meanwhile the line is needlessly being held up over a bun.  Twice out of those three times I was given the bottom part of the bun.  It's not an issue, I've just found it easier to let them make the sandwich the way they normally make them then throw out the bun. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jjzbl said:

I'm very impressed with your amazing communication skills.

If they understood that, I wouldn't have had a problem now would I?   I'm guessing it is partly a language/communication issue and partly their efforts to be helpful.  Three times, on three different ships it has gone something like this:

Me:  orders sandwich followed with "no bun/bread please"

Them: "If you don't want that bread then what bread do you want?"

Me: "no bread at all, thanks"

Them: "wrap?"

Me:  "no thank you, no bread or bun or anything"

Them: staring at me blankly "how do you want it?"

Me: "just on the plate is great"

Them: "so, no bun?"

Meanwhile the line is needlessly being held up over a bun.  Twice out of those three times I was given the bottom part of the bun.  It's not an issue, I've just found it easier to let them make the sandwich the way they normally make them then throw out the bun. 

This poster is “always” right. Or at least thinks so.