Help!

Mattismom

We cruised w/ Carnival 2 years ago(first cruise)--we are planning our next this April. Has anyone ever been on the Granduer of the Seas? I read that it was refurbed in '04--is it a nice, clean ship. If you have ever been on a Carnival ship--how does it compare?:)

Carnival ships tend to be much more "festively" decorated...and the shorter cruises (3-4 days) tend to draw a younger, party-type crowd. However, I've been on many Carnival cruises...and always have a good time. One of our favorite cruises was our last one. The ship was VERY new, and they upgraded us to a balcony stateroom that was amazing. The decor was much more subtle.

This will be our 2nd RCI cruise - we weren't all that impressed with our last one...since the ship was pretty old, with no atrium. Very closed in. We'll be on the Explorer of the Seas this time (next month)...which is fairly new...and much grander.

You should be fine on your ship

Grandeur is a nice ship. RCI has lovely artwork everywhere (stairwells, etc) and though the ships are less "neon-y" than Carnival, they are very pretty!

Amenities, food, etc pretty much the same or maybe better than Carnival, IMHO.

Actually, I'm glad you asked this question because I'd like to take my family on a cruise and since we want to try and cut out airfare our only options really are Explorer out of Bayonne -NJ and Grandeur out of Maryland.

I'm not sure about the last post...I would have asked the question the same way.

Anyway, I came on here to do a search on the Grandeur...if I find anything I'll be sure to come back and let you know. In any case, you should get some more useful posts here soon.

We have sailed on the Grandeur, 12/18/04, out of New Orleans. The ship was nice and we had a great time. There were 15 of us with kids ranging from 3 years to 12 years old. The boys liked the kids club where as the girls hung out at the pool. I have never sailed Carnival so I can't tell you how they compare.

anakae - The purpose of these boards is to ask questions and to meet others that you will or can cruise with. There is no need for you to be so rude and sarcastic. Maybe you should go play in the kids club!

Misty

We have sailed on Grandeur several times and are scheduled to go again in a few weeks. The ship is very nice (sorry, but my personal favorite is Radiance), food is good, and service is very good. I can't compare with Carnival as we have never been on that line but my sister-in-law who had done several with Carnival said she would never sail them again after going on RCI. I was sorry to hear that Grandeur has lost Tom & Claire Canosa, the cruise director and loyalty ambassador.

Archived