Question about non-refundable deposit

2 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

For my 12 day cruise in November on the Jewel out of Rome, I paid a $450 deposit.  My understanding is that if I were to cancel the cruise, I would be out the $450 deposit but if I was to change my sailing to one in 2021, I would just lose a $100 change fee.  Is that correct?

There would be a $100pp change fee.  The rest of the deposit goes on the new cruise. 

If you cancel the cruise the rest of the deposit (after the $100pp fee) goes to a FCC 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

My first ever Transatlantic is scheduled for November 1st out of Southampton.  For the first time ever, I have a NR deposit for this cruise that may or may not happen.  My husband and I are in our 70's, and the way it looks right now, we probably will need a doctor's note...again, providing cruise is not cancelled.  Has anyone who had a NR have a cruise cancelled by the cruise line? 

2 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

My first ever Transatlantic is scheduled for November 1st out of Southampton.  For the first time ever, I have a NR deposit for this cruise that may or may not happen.  My husband and I are in our 70's, and the way it looks right now, we probably will need a doctor's note...again, providing cruise is not cancelled.  Has anyone who had a NR have a cruise cancelled by the cruise line? 

If the cruise is cancelled it will be refunded without a penalty.

If you cancel it under the cruise with confidence policy (sailings until July 31) the entire deposit is issued as a FCC with no penalties

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Guest maddycat
1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

Thank you Ourusualbeach for your quick and informative response.   Hopefully it won't be canceled, and we both pass the doctors notes with flying colors!😁

Stay safe, and stay healthy!

You might want to discuss the doctor's note with your doctor before you make final payment.