$18 Drink Package

[emoji1327]‍♀️
And I know that we will never see it again. RC won’t even allow most OBC to be transferred. We lost almost $400 ($200 of which came because RC cancelled our Allure cruise )in OBC due to the cancellation of our cruise.

I will answer the question.  We have lost our $18 drink packages.  I don't drink much at all but we bought at that price since it was the same as what we spend on the refreshment package.  I was looking forward to trying some different drinks and finding a new favorite.

• Like 1

We lost ours last August when Royal cancelled our 13-night TA cruise on Vision to make it a 11-night TA.  They refunded everything in the Cruise Planner, requiring you to rebook your drink package, etc. at the current price (around $55).   I called Resolutions and argued with them to no avail.   🍷

5 minutes ago, CookieDiva said:

Well, of course, if we had completely cancelled our cruise and took a refund, we’d have saved thousands of $.
But we rebooked for the same time of year on an older ship which hasn’t been amplified and paid several hundred $ more.

We too rebooked for next March.  Our booking is almost $4,000 more (7 people) than we paid for our cruise this past March just to get the same room configuration.  Guess I won't be winning for much longer.

Booked 1, lost it. Having to rebook at prevailing rate is going to mean I'm going to have to go several hundred dollars out of pocket even on top of the 125% in order to get it back. I may just take all my money back and put future cruising on hold for a couple of years, I haven't decided yet. 

4 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Separate question.. Do you think this is the reason they won't simply allow you to transfer any existing pre-cruise purchases to a new cruise if you want to re-book? Or is that completely unrelated? 

They never let you do that

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Evilgrin72 said:

Separate question.. Do you think this is the reason they won't simply allow you to transfer any existing pre-cruise purchases to a new cruise if you want to re-book? Or is that completely unrelated? 

Even in the odd case where your reservation number changes but it is the same cruise, ship and sail date cruise planner purchases cannot transfer from one reservation number to another.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, dodgestang said:

You’re lucky to have gotten one. We have a August 1st cruise on the Oasis....don’t know if it will come off. Have the $18 package for it. I would have been proud to hear that.

2 hours ago, Evilgrin72 said:

When you rebook, they clean the slate in your cruise planner.  🍷

57 minutes ago, Wine-O said:

When you rebook, they clean the slate in your cruise planner.  🍷

Evidently. I wasn't sure if they always did that because I've never canceled and re-booked before. Seems like if they're desperate to hold o to bookings, they might alter policy when people are being forced to re-book rather than doing it voluntarily, but I guess not. They would have kept my money had they allowed me to transfer that drink package to a new sailing, now I'm taking cash back instead. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, IcanSeaclearlynow said:

How the heck do you get an $18 drink package?  We haven't sailed RC yet (have 1 booked for Oct this year).  

there was a computer glitch or an intern screw up last year. It lasted for about 6 hours and went viral