Whats happening? SB refunds and payments Covid19

zimflyer

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s too bad Seabourn (or any other cruise line) did not have a plan and personnel trained and ready for this unprecedented event.

I have posted it on these boards before but I must object again when people are trying to excuse SB as doing just as well as other lines.

I have received 2 deposits from Viking river in THREE days, deposit from American Cruise line in about 1 month, THREE separate deposits from Oceania in 43 days and a full cruise refund for a May cruise in 53 days. That is three cruise lines that have done by me a lot better than SB - a very few if any others have received money from SB as fast as I did from those other lines.

I am still waiting for my money back from SB X 2 (taxes & air fare changes) from a March cruise cancelled on 2/27.

Edited by Paulchili

6 hours ago, Paulchili said:

I have posted it on these boards before but I must object again when people are trying to excuse SB as doing just as well as other lines.

I have received 2 deposits from Viking river in THREE days, deposit from American Cruise line in about 1 month, THREE separate deposits from Oceania in 43 days and a full cruise refund for a May cruise in 53 days. That is three cruise lines that have done by me a lot better than SB - a very few if any others have received money from SB as fast as I did from those other lines.

I am still waiting for my money back from SB X 2 (taxes & air fare changes) from a March cruise cancelled on 2/27.

Feel your pain, Paul.  We are still waiting for our refund requested March 15 for a cancelled cruise.  We received a small amount, $249, a fraction of what is owed to us, and an amount that is impossible to figure out.  I have decided to wait patiently for a 100 day mark, then call, and if no clear response, file a dispute through our AmEx credit card.  I don't want to go that route, but we have no communication, so my sympathies for this corporation are slipping away.

16 minutes ago, tv24 said:

but we have no communication, so my sympathies for this corporation are slipping away

It's actually worse than no communications.

I have been told several weeks apart that we were near the top (or something like that) and just recently that we were "in the queue" - whatever that means. If we were near the top a few weeks ago and in the queue then just send it, especially as we cancelled such a long time ago. Not many people cancelled before 2/27.

Lying is worse than no communications, IMO.

31 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

It's actually worse than no communications.

I have been told several weeks apart that we were near the top (or something like that) and just recently that we were "in the queue" - whatever that means. If we were near the top a few weeks ago and in the queue then just send it, especially as we cancelled such a long time ago. Not many people cancelled before 2/27.

Lying is worse than no communications, IMO.

PS What makes this even more ridiculous that we are talking "peanuts" in SB terms ($2556 & $2400+) relative to what they already paid out to some others for full cruises. It's not like I am asking for $50K.

5 hours ago, Paulchili said:

PS What makes this even more ridiculous that we are talking "peanuts" in SB terms ($2556 & $2400+) relative to what they already paid out to some others for full cruises. It's not like I am asking for $50K.

Without going back through many hundreds of posts on these threads, I can't remember if you've disputed these with your credit cards?  If not, why not?  For those small amounts, it's likely that your CC company will refund them as conditional credits back to your card(s) within days, and then release them as permanent credits shortly thereafter.  That's what Chase did with our deposit of $2,030 anyway and I've definitely read of others having similar experiences with those "peanut" amounts.

2 hours ago, zelker said:

Without going back through many hundreds of posts on these threads, I can't remember if you've disputed these with your credit cards?  If not, why not?  For those small amounts, it's likely that your CC company will refund them as conditional credits back to your card(s) within days, and then release them as permanent credits shortly thereafter

Yes, I disputed the tax with Citi and received a conditional credit. Apparently SB replied on 6/4 and Citi will let me know shortly what this reply is. Bottom line - I don't have that money as yet. Taxes are such a straight forward thing as they are listed separately on your bill - what is there for SB to contest?

The air changes were granted to me by SB but in FCC - I do not want that, They should be refunded in cash/credit card refund and I am disputing this with SB. Guess if SB is even responding to my request.

Those are not easily disputed with CC as services by airlines were delivered but SB agreed to compensate me for the amount I requested - just in FCC rather than CC refund.

I have not read here about anyone getting air fare changes in form of FCC.

Edited by Paulchili

On 5/24/2020 at 8:50 PM, Mauzac said:

I'm hopeful then.  71 days today for my first one,  56 for the next one of 2 back to backs.  

Mauzac ...i believe we were both booked on April 22nd cruise ...like you still waiting for refund ....cant understand hiw some are also getting 25%   FCC though it was not offered to us ...only full refund in 60 days ...now  day 74 or a 125% FCC 

9 minutes ago, phillipahain said:

Mauzac ...i believe we were both booked on April 22nd cruise ...like you still waiting for refund ....cant understand hiw some are also getting 25%   FCC though it was not offered to us ...only full refund in 60 days ...now  day 74 or a 125% FCC 

Hi... I was actually 5th April cruise and I'm now on Day 88 !

Have you been across to the other thread 'Refund Roll Call'?

A very kind poster has put together a spreadsheet showing the current status of everyone's refunds.  It's good to compare, if frustrating !

20 hours ago, zelker said:

Have you talked to Seabourn yet?  As an essential worker, they might escalate things for you.  Worth a call.  Good luck.

Every call I’ve made I have gotten a message indicating the party that I’m calling is unavailable. I have left multiple voice mails and have sent multiple emails. No response. After telling my travel agent they never received the fax for our reimbursement for the airfare, which I originally faxed in 3/30/20, I proceeded to fax them the information 14 times in one week. They notified my travel agent that they had received it and that I now need to allow 6-8 weeks more. I was told the refund for our extra week would be credited back “soon”. I have emailed my travel agent about being an essential worker, I am a nurse, and he will notify Seabourn. Frankly Seabourn has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and we were once so very loyal to them.

On 5/23/2020 at 3:29 PM, scottie920 said:

👍Hope for us all.

On 6/9/2020 at 2:17 PM, Mauzac said:

I've been escalated and I'm 90 days on Friday 😬

And yes, I'm with a UK TA also!  

Whilst I am glad that refunds are coming through, it is frustrating when some are around the 50-60 day mark to refund and there are a few of us who have been waiting over 80+ days.  There seems to be no rhyme nor reason to it all.  

Ours was escalated by the TA 8 days ago but still nothing ...and yes if refunds have been made in  50 days theres clearly a pile they have buried somewhere ...because 74 days is not on it was bad enough they waited till March 30th to cancel April 22nd cruise when clearly others were not kept waiting 

26 minutes ago, Stereojeff said:

On June 4 a full credit for our cancelled May 16, 2020 Barcelona to Amsterdam cruise was posted to our credit card.

So your cruuse was almost a month later than ours but you got a refund June 4th .....something is very wrong at Seabourn 

6 hours ago, NoVa Mimi said:

Every call I’ve made I have gotten a message indicating the party that I’m calling is unavailable. I have left multiple voice mails and have sent multiple emails. No response. After telling my travel agent they never received the fax for our reimbursement for the airfare, which I originally faxed in 3/30/20, I proceeded to fax them the information 14 times in one week. They notified my travel agent that they had received it and that I now need to allow 6-8 weeks more. I was told the refund for our extra week would be credited back “soon”. I have emailed my travel agent about being an essential worker, I am a nurse, and he will notify Seabourn. Frankly Seabourn has left a very bitter taste in my mouth and we were once so very loyal to them.

Feel your pain....

As to Covepointcruiser and others who post sympathetically:

NOT MANY, if not NONE are ticked off by the refund processing time as much as HAVING NO REGULAR, EVEN AUTOMATED RESPONSES FROM SEABOURN.

That is my main beef. If I give $$$ for a future service or product that is NOT supplied, it is entirely proper to expect a person, corporation or other entity to act in reasonable time to communicate honestly.

We are all being penalised at our level, the only income source.

Killing the goose?  Probably.

After looking through many of these posts I notice that U.K. and European cruisers are having a longer wait. If you have been closely following this thread please correct me if my observation is incorrect.

Take care, 

Mike

3 hours ago, MMastell said:

After looking through many of these posts I notice that U.K. and European cruisers are having a longer wait. If you have been closely following this thread please correct me if my observation is incorrect.

I know of several UK-based couples whose mid-March cruise was cancelled a couple of days prior to their sailing date, and they all got their full refund a few days after cancellation.  This was at the beginning of the crisis period, so understandably SB wasn't swarmed with refunds at that time.

• 1 month later...

Email today from my UK travel agent received to say they are today sending full refund to my bank, given my request went t Seabourn on 26th March that’s goodness knows how many but let’s just call it ‘too many’ any way saga now over

1 hour ago, Remember66 said:

Email today from my UK travel agent received to say they are today sending full refund to my bank, given my request went t Seabourn on 26th March that’s goodness knows how many but let’s just call it ‘too many’ any way saga now over

Almost over - it's not over till that money is actually in your account 😀

Promises of payments being sent both by cruise lines and TAs have been made before without actually doing so.

Good luck!