There you have it-April cruises are history.

beerman2

17 hours ago, beerman2 said:

Social Distancing had been extended until April 30th. Thousands more pax will be affected.

Huh? Is this an NCL communication or are you referring to a specific area that is extending their social distancing date ...  ie the US?  I don't see anything new on NCL and this has no context to indication what you are referring to and consider there are people on cruise critic world wide.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Huh? Is this an NCL communication or are you referring to a specific area that is extending their social distancing date ...  ie the US?  I don't see anything new on NCL and this has no context to indication what you are referring to and consider there are people on cruise critic world wide.

Trump / US announced it

3 hours ago, djkolp said:

If the cruise lines accept any bailout cash from the U.S. I would hope that a bankruptcy filing would be off limits. But, if they do file for bankruptcy, it would relieve them of any obligations, monetary or otherwise to their customers. My April 19 cruise was cancelled for a future credit. I hope Norwegian will now offer a full cash refund for this cruise, as we are no longer interested in cruising ever again.

I can guarantee you are stuck with FCC much like those of us (me) that cancelled just before the first suspended dates starting March 14th. I literally cancelled mine March 12th for March 15th sailing as I had no choice with the limited time.  There was no back dating then to allow cash refund and you can be certain that will not change for the extended suspended dates.

I have already resoved not sail in the very near future and NCL is on the bottom of the pile for me going forward. I expect my FCC will end up useless as I will not put out a bunch more $$$ with the mindset of not losing what I've really already lost (if that makes sense.)

8 minutes ago, julian30 said:

Trump / US announced it

Thanks, I knew Trump said something about an extension but didn't want to assume that was what the OP was referring to since there are many social distancing messages around the world right now. 

There are many that write stuff here with the assumption that everyone here is US American and all read with the same lens.

3 minutes ago, poffles said:

Thanks, I knew Trump said something about an extension but didn't want to assume that was what the OP was referring to since there are many social distancing messages around the world right now. 

There are many that write stuff here with the assumption that everyone here is US American and all read with the same lens.

Nope don’t write stuff to get a rise out of people. Just paying attention to all news conferences from the federal and state governments.

NCL is so callous. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'd email Senators Blumenthal or Markey. They had to blast Del Rio just a few weeks ago in the attached letter. I'm starting to hope NCL does fold up shop. They've made their own bed, now they can sleep in it.

2020_03_12 - Letter to Norwegian Cruise Line re coronavirus.pdf

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Nope don’t write stuff to get a rise out of people. Just paying attention to all news conferences from the federal and state governments.

Understood but again ...not all of us are US peeps out here and listen to all your federal and state government stuff.  And I am not trying to get a rise out of anyone either, was just trying to clarify the post.

21 minutes ago, poffles said:

I can guarantee you are stuck with FCC much like those of us (me) that cancelled just before the first suspended dates starting March 14th. I literally cancelled mine March 12th for March 15th sailing as I had no choice with the limited time.  There was no back dating then to allow cash refund and you can be certain that will not change for the extended suspended dates.

I have already resoved not sail in the very near future and NCL is on the bottom of the pile for me going forward. I expect my FCC will end up useless as I will not put out a bunch more $$$ with the mindset of not losing what I've really already lost (if that makes sense.)

These are unprecedented times, so we will just have to wait and see if Norwegian will adjust their FCC/CASH policy for customers that already went the credit route. I do know that you are required to book a future cruise within 1 year of accepting the FCC. I looked at booking an exact cruise and stateroom as my April 19th trip. It was a Fall of 2021 cruise that was twice as much as the one I paid for. 11 day Panama Canal cruise for 2 with an aft Penthouse balcony room 10166. It listed at almost $14,000 for 2 guests. I don't blame Norwegian Cruise Lines for their response to this pandemic. This is going to be a rough ride for them and everyone else in the cruise industry. 

2 minutes ago, djkolp said:

These are unprecedented times, so we will just have to wait and see if Norwegian will adjust their FCC/CASH policy for customers that already went the credit route. I do know that you are required to book a future cruise within 1 year of accepting the FCC. I looked at booking an exact cruise and stateroom as my April 19th trip. It was a Fall of 2021 cruise that was twice as much as the one I paid for. 11 day Panama Canal cruise for 2 with an aft Penthouse balcony room 10166. It listed at almost $14,000 for 2 guests. I don't blame Norwegian Cruise Lines for their response to this pandemic. This is going to be a rough ride for them and everyone else in the cruise industry. 

100% agree that this is unprecedented and I have accepted things as they have rolled out for me.  I just won't ever be convinced NCL will backtrack on the FCC for Peace of Mind cancellations.  They are not alone in this as Celebrity and RCL are not back dating the ability to change to cash refund for those that canceled themselves and I know this is being practiced as I know others who were to sail in Celebrity April and they got credit when the self cancelled and that is stuck now even with the cruise since cancelled.  It seems only Princess is back dating their policy. 

Is what it is and really my true thoughts are with all those that may not even survive this and to the families that have or may have to grieve a loss from afar.  Very very sad and terrifying.

1 hour ago, pentiumvi said:

Once again, NCL is the last of the major cruise lines to announce anything.

Anyone else feel that this situation has really shown how each company treat their customers?

On a positive note, NCL were last to announce their cruising shutdown....but offered the best terms on the resultant FCCs, by enabling passengers to book a cruise as far out as December 2022 although booking required within one year of the FCC issue date.....so, yes, that shows me how NCL has treated its customers in that regard compared to other cruise lines, despite delays for some refunds.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

....Just paying attention to all news conferences from the federal and state governments.

Federal and state governments....don't recognise these terms, here in the UK, please explain as we have UK and devolved governments!

1 minute ago, hamrag said:

Federal and state governments....don't recognise these terms, here in the UK, please explain as we have UK and devolved governments!

Federal is the US

State would be Florida, California, etc all individual  states in US

18 minutes ago, poffles said:

100% agree that this is unprecedented and I have accepted things as they have rolled out for me.  I just won't ever be convinced NCL will backtrack on the FCC for Peace of Mind cancellations.  They are not alone in this as Celebrity and RCL are not back dating the ability to change to cash refund for those that canceled themselves and I know this is being practiced as I know others who were to sail in Celebrity April and they got credit when the self cancelled and that is stuck now even with the cruise since cancelled.  It seems only Princess is back dating their policy. 

Is what it is and really my true thoughts are with all those that may not even survive this and to the families that have or may have to grieve a loss from afar.  Very very sad and terrifying.

I agree. Thinking about a cruise refund is the least of my worries. The world will truly change after this pandemic subsides. I hope. Still, I have enjoyed every one of my Norwegian cruises, and hope that they can weather this storm. I was happy when they offered the FCC, and maybe I'll reconsider a 2022 cruise. Maybe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hamrag said:

I think UK would be the Federal reference ... we use Federal to mean Country as a whole.  State governments I would think is your devolved governments ... in Canada we refer to them as provinces.  Beyond that EVERYTHING is different 🙂 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beerman2 said:

Federal is the US

State would be Florida, California, etc all individual  states in US

You are still assuming that everyone on cruise critic is US American and all read with the same lens, despite Poffles pointing that out to you in an earlier post! 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, poffles said:

I think UK would be the Federal reference ... we use Federal to mean Country as a whole.  State governments I would think is your devolved governments ... in Canada we refer to them as provinces.  Beyond that EVERYTHING is different 🙂 

Thank you. 😉

You are still assuming that everyone on cruise critic is US American and all read with the same lens, despite Poffles pointing that out to you in an earlier post! 😉

Not assuming anything ,I've just explained what you asked!

Sorry if you can't understand that, maybe try google.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hamrag said:

Ya I tried to make that point a few times ...🤔

17 minutes ago, hamrag said:

On a positive note, NCL were last to announce their cruising shutdown....but offered the best terms on the resultant FCCs, by enabling passengers to book a cruise as far out as December 2022 although booking required within one year of the FCC issue date.....so, yes, that shows me how NCL has treated its customers in that regard compared to other cruise lines, despite delays for some refunds.

MSC is better:

125% Future Cruise Credit —BEST CHOICE  
Receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the original cruise fare paid (excl. government taxes & fees and prepaid items, which will be refunded to the original form of payment). 
The Future Cruise Credit can be used on any sailing departing on or before December 31, 2021. If unused, we will automatically provide a refund equal to the original cruise fare paid. 

Or you can get a 100% refund now.

2 hours ago, pentiumvi said:

Once again, NCL is the last of the major cruise lines to announce anything.

Anyone else feel that this situation has really shown how each company treat their customers?

23 minutes ago, hamrag said:

4 minutes ago, electro said:

MSC is better:

125% Future Cruise Credit —BEST CHOICE  
Receive a Future Cruise Credit for 125% of the original cruise fare paid (excl. government taxes & fees and prepaid items, which will be refunded to the original form of payment). 
The Future Cruise Credit can be used on any sailing departing on or before December 31, 2021. If unused, we will automatically provide a refund equal to the original cruise fare paid. 

Or you can get a 100% refund now.

If you look at the post to which I responded, the subject matter was major cruise lines.....so when did MSC achieve such status? 😉

• Haha 1

If you look at the post to which I responded, the subject matter was major cruise lines.....so when did MSC achieve such status? 😉

Just because they are not Major in the US, doesn't mean they are not major. They actually have more ships than NCL.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, poffles said:

Ya I tried to make that point a few times ...🤔

Just curious It was easy for you to equate UK government to Canadian, don't know why it was so difficult after I had said  

Federal is the US 

State is California, Florida , etc. that hamrag or any other non US citizen can't understand. 

4 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Just curious It was easy for you to equate UK government to Canadian, don't know why it was so difficult after I had said  

Federal is the US 

State is California, Florida , etc. that hamrag or any other non US citizen can't understand. 

I am not aware anyone is finding it difficult....you are the only person who has used that word, so far....the clear point which you seem to be finding difficult is that cruise critic has worldwide posters, try and take that on board! 🙄

Edited by hamrag
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, beerman2 said:

Federal is the US 

I equated it for that poster to 'their' references as they did not understand, I had no issue with your references of federal and state,  I understand those American references.  My only question for clarity was always about the original post and what it referred to since it never said anything about it being the US extending social distancing and that the leap then was that cruising is 'officially' over.

Anyway ... I am moving on as I have figured out what the post actually meant and totally off track now.

Edited by poffles
  • Like 3