Waiting for my May 23rd cruise to be cancelled...

Which i assume is as good as 100% going to happen (would love to hear from you if you disagree :) )

Once they officially cancel it, how easy and quick is it to get a refund?... im thinking i will just get a straight refund as i think it could be a long time until they sail again and i don't think i will get as good a rate as i did this time so the 125% isn't actually going to be a bonus.

So, anyone else actually requested a refund for the cancelled cruise since this all kicked off?

Thanks

Side issue... im not looking forward to trying to get my money back from virgin atlantic for flights in August! i have a feeling they are going to go bust before then... n i thought i would have a chargeback as backup if i cant get my money back... but then i realise i used a virgin atlantic credit card!! so i cannot see them honering the chargeback 😄 😞

Edited by mashisback
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dominicr said:

Well I hope you’re cruise isn’t cancelled because I have one on May 17 that hasn’t been canceled yet.  I’m waiting for it to be though.  I’ve already lost my weeklong Vegas guys golf trip in April and I am not happy about that.  Delta gave the money back in credit but I want refunds not credit.  Just like the cruise lines the airlines have jacked up all their prices for the fall and next spring so the credit is meaningless since you have to pay more 

Unless something changed in the past two days, I am seeing the opposite.  I was looking the other day for what to rebook mine on and saw some pretty cheap fairs for late summer/fall.  The ones I looked at for spring weren't dirt cheap, but definitely cheaper than normal.  I was mostly looking at American, but looked at Southwest also because we have a direct flight to Vegas on them.  

Know how you feel, today EasyJet has grounded all flights so as expected our family trip to Malaga isn’t going to happen! Waiting to try and get refunds for villa and flights. Like you, think our June Med cruises are not sailing, and even our b2b in Autumn is looking bad! Not looking forward to trying for refunds and think EasyJet could go bust, I’ve six return flights booked this year with them.Having said that I would give all the trips up just to have the kids and grandkids with us and everyone healthy! Dianne

30 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Unless something changed in the past two days, I am seeing the opposite.  I was looking the other day for what to rebook mine on and saw some pretty cheap fairs for late summer/fall.  The ones I looked at for spring weren't dirt cheap, but definitely cheaper than normal.  I was mostly looking at American, but looked at Southwest also because we have a direct flight to Vegas on them.  

I’ve really only looked on delta since that’s where my credit is.  I’ve checked Thursday’s to Sunday’s for a Vegas trip in September and October and seems like I’d have to pay another 30%.  I have just over 1k in credit and rates for this fall are around 1300-1400.  I could stay somewhere less expensive of course and be in the range of my credit but why would I downgrade from what I had previously booked?  

24 minutes ago, dominicr said:

I’ve really only looked on delta since that’s where my credit is.  I’ve checked Thursday’s to Sunday’s for a Vegas trip in September and October and seems like I’d have to pay another 30%.  I have just over 1k in credit and rates for this fall are around 1300-1400.  I could stay somewhere less expensive of course and be in the range of my credit but why would I downgrade from what I had previously booked?  

Not to side track this thread, but what do you mean stay somewhere else?  Are you booking a vacation package that includes hotel?  If so, it sounds like the hotel portion could be what increased and not necessarily the airfare.  I am just looking at airfares only.

Hypothetical math, but:

Presuming the current "stay-at-home" directive actually expires on 4/30, I expect it will take another 20-30 days for the cruise lines to re-crew, re-clean, re-provision, and re-position to their respective home ports (if they are even open). Even if the cruise lines and ports can come back on line faster, it will take 2-3 weeks for the airlines to come back up to full flight capability presuming passenger capacity begins to book flights again.

My best guess is that we won't see cruising returning to anything approaching normal prior to mid-June.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KsucAts said:

Not to side track this thread, but what do you mean stay somewhere else?  Are you booking a vacation package that includes hotel?  If so, it sounds like the hotel portion could be what increased and not necessarily the airfare.  I am just looking at airfares only.

yeah vacation package so you’re right it could be the hotel that’s gone up.  I’m just looking at a bundled price.  

5 hours ago, mashisback said:

Which i assume is as good as 100% going to happen (would love to hear from you if you disagree :) )

Once they officially cancel it, how easy and quick is it to get a refund?... im thinking i will just get a straight refund as i think it could be a long time until they sail again and i don't think i will get as good a rate as i did this time so the 125% isn't actually going to be a bonus.

So, anyone else actually requested a refund for the cancelled cruise since this all kicked off?

Thanks

Side issue... im not looking forward to trying to get my money back from virgin atlantic for flights in August! i have a feeling they are going to go bust before then... n i thought i would have a chargeback as backup if i cant get my money back... but then i realise i used a virgin atlantic credit card!! so i cannot see them honering the chargeback 😄 😞

I requested a refund ( not FCC)  for two cruises that were in the initial wave of cancellations.   That was done on March 16 for a March 16 cruise and an April 5 cruise.  I am told  a refund  will  come by  late April.   

Easy but not fast.  

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I am hoping that the May 21 Adventure out of Bayonne to Bermuda is canceled. Two reasons: 1. we would have to fly into Newark, N.J. (no telling what their situation will be then)and

2. our family doctors both said they would not sign the Physician's letter even though we are both healthy over 70's- then why would we need fcc.   

Edited by gadaboutgal
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but I am hoping that the May 21 Adventure out of Bayonne to Bermuda is canceled. Two reasons: 1. we would have to fly into Newark, N.J. (no telling what their situation will be then)and

2. our family doctors both said they would not sign the Physician's letter even though we are both healthy over 70's- then why would we need fcc.   

Don't know what folks will do with the FCC if the age 70 note is needed.  

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, gadaboutgal said:

Fingers still crossed for cancellation--MSC has just extended their cancellations through May 29 sailings.  Maybe the others will follow suit.

What was the Msc cancellation date before their extension though?   

I cancelled my cruise last week. I was told 7-10 days for a refund. Haven’t seen anything yet, but I’m assuming they meant 7-10 “business” days, in which case, I shouldn’t have seen anything yet anyway. Not too worried about it as I have an email and a confirmation number for my cancellations and I’m only waiting for my deposit and drink packages back, which didn’t cost much in the first place.

On 3/30/2020 at 9:55 AM, orville99 said:

Hypothetical math, but:

Presuming the current "stay-at-home" directive actually expires on 4/30, I expect it will take another 20-30 days for the cruise lines to re-crew, re-clean, re-provision, and re-position to their respective home ports (if they are even open). Even if the cruise lines and ports can come back on line faster, it will take 2-3 weeks for the airlines to come back up to full flight capability presuming passenger capacity begins to book flights again.

My best guess is that we won't see cruising returning to anything approaching normal prior to mid-June.

Sounds accurate, but hoping your math is wrong and that RC will be ready to rock and roll soon after they get an all clear.  I thought they had skeleton crews on the skips now.  Who knows what truths we are getting.  Better to be safe for all.  We were supposed to embark last Sun, Mar 29. 😫   Now hoping to rebook Mid May for our 30th wedding anniversary.

Well wishes to all.  Stay distant, stay safe and happy sailing.

With over 100,000 deaths that could happen because of COVID19 in the next two weeks,  does anyone really believe that ships will sail in 6 weeks.  There will be other areas of the country that will be right in the middle of their spike in cases.  Miami and Houston are going to the next two cities that are going to be the hot spots.  New cases will continue to rise for next several weeks in parts of the country that hasn’t been hit as much.  Stay well.

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

With over 100,000 deaths that could happen because of COVID19 in the next two weeks,  does anyone really believe that ships will sail in 6 weeks.  There will be other areas of the country that will be right in the middle of their spike in cases.  Miami and Houston are going to the next two cities that are going to be the hot spots.  New cases will continue to rise for next several weeks in parts of the country that hasn’t been hit as much.  Stay well.

I think most of us see the writing on the wall.  Just have to wait for RCL to make it official.

Edited by firefox247

2 hours ago, Hobby3333 said:

Miami and Houston are going to the next two cities that are going to be the hot spots.  

Why Houston. I listened to a round  table last weekend what did houston do right that dallas didnt. They said houston is used to hurricanes and more used to emergencies than Dallas.

North texas, the dfw area has 1/3 of all texas cases about 1/4 of the deaths in texas, and turning the convention center into a pop up. And that's with far less testing than needed, yesterday test lanes closed due to possible rain. We have asked for 400 more tests a day. 

Dont have links, but I can ss 

Please explain your choice of houston. 

20200331_214337745.jpeg

20200331_214317823.jpeg

Btw liberty OTS reported 2 positives for crew members. Prior to this was Carnival Freedom sitting outside Galveston.

Until furor over hal ship dies down, if it ever gets into a port, and positives from crew members stops, ships wouldnt sail imo.

...... and I'm as anxious as the next person to cruise. Just not with infected crew members thank you.

20200331_183505216.jpeg