Holland America extends operational pause notice

Cruisepucks

14 hours ago, Wehwalt said:

Unsecured creditors at best, if these FCC's have monetary value, which they may or may not. In other words, at the end of the line of creditors, or pretty close.

Exactly, chances of recovery at that point would be pennies on the dollar at best.

11 hours ago, Cap-n Andy said:

I plan to take the refund.  I don't think I will travel until there is a Covid-19 vaccine.  That may be after December 31, 2021.

"As an incentive to plan another voyage, you can choose to defer a refund and instead receive a future cruise credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid plus an onboard credit of US$250 per person, which can be applied toward any future cruise(s) that are booked through December 31, 2021"

Can anyone confirm that you only have to book by December 31, 2021 and not necessarily travel before then?

53 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

"As an incentive to plan another voyage, you can choose to defer a refund and instead receive a future cruise credit for 125% of the base cruise fare paid plus an onboard credit of US$250 per person, which can be applied toward any future cruise(s) that are booked through December 31, 2021"

Can anyone confirm that you only have to book by December 31, 2021 and not necessarily travel before then?

Got the answer. Our TA says you must cruise by December 31, 2021. That will definitely impact our decision as to which option to take.

25 minutes ago, Queen of DaNile said:

Got the answer. Our TA says you must cruise by December 31, 2021. That will definitely impact our decision as to which option to take.

Go back to the first post in this thread. You only need to book by December 31, 2021.

While the credit is valid until December 31, 2021, please note that it needs only to be applied to the new booking by that time; the cruise does not need to depart within this timeframe.

Just to be informative, it is likely that a Covid-19 vaccine will be available by next Spring.  Actual biochemistry remarkably fast and able to detect protective antibodies within 3-4 weeks.  Major concern of adverse effects related to vaccine which requires prolonged observation before FDA approval.  Many avenues for treatment and prevention being pursued currently and we should be better prepared in the even of a "second wave" next winter.  Hope this helps in decision making.  Stay safe.

On 3/30/2020 at 7:26 PM, Reagan0712 said:

Contacted HAL via Twitter. Surprisingly, they got back to me rather quickly.  Went back and asked if I’d hear something formal that this Noordam cruise was cancelled.  Haven’t gotten a reply yet.

64F7BF7E-BEFA-447D-9D93-829FABD8261E.jpeg

Apparently this tweet was a crock.  My travel partner just spoke with a person at HAL to inquire about refunds on the remaining excursions. (She had received an email cancelling an excursion the first day in Denali because "the cruise was cancelled".)  She was told the cruise was NOT cancelled as the cruise did not start until May 17th and only the Denali portion started on May 14th.  When she asked about the email, she was informed that it was the excursion company who cancelled the excursion, not HAL.  She tried to get more info from the rep because, as we all know, the ports in Canada are closed and Alaska is quarantining everyone for 14 days.  The response was that HAL was weighing their options.  My guess is that if the don't further halt operations, they will try to reroute the cruise elsewhere and anyone who doesn't like the new itinerary can go or lose their money.

53 minutes ago, Reagan0712 said:

@john2003 did you get you Express Docs email today to check in?  Apparently they’re sent automatically for cruises that aren’t cancelled, but should be.

Yes they arrived today. Frustrating. How they think this is the way to treat customers fails me. I would have expected better. 

• Like 1