Radiance Cruises

MsTabbyKats

Well, if you can't (and you can't) book a cruise on the Radiance until November, logically all the ones scheduled before that must be canceled.  But, I don't think they'll officially cancel before final payment (again, logically) which for me is the end of April.

I have a non-refundable deposit on the 7/29 sailing.  I'm wondering if I can apply that to an Oct sailing. (therefore forfeiting the offer for OBC).

Just thinking out loud...will ask the TA.  I know a couple of weeks ago, when I spoke to Carnival, they said I could.

Oh...going to e-mail TA now.

I'm guessing they don't want to cancel until they know for sure the ship won't be ready in time.  I think they were planning 2 months in drydock?  I don't know if they can shorten that timeframe once it reopens in Spain.

Our sailing is Aug 10.  So, let's say they can start the work by the end of May/June 1, then our sailings could still be on.  That's still 2 months away.

I can't even guess if Spain will be back to work in two months.

The other thing....."cruises out of NYC".  I live here, I don't have a choice.  But, who really would want to come to NYC in the near future.  Maybe they will just cancel cruises out of NYC. (this is the pessimist in me speaking)

A hospital just docked at the pier....

I just don't see the Radiance cruises happening.

57 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

The other thing....."cruises out of NYC".  I live here, I don't have a choice.  But, who really would want to come to NYC in the near future.  Maybe they will just cancel cruises out of NYC. (this is the pessimist in me speaking)

A hospital just docked at the pier....

I just don't see the Radiance cruises happening.

Radiance cruises are the only NY cruises that are gone from the sight.  So it's a Radiance thing.

I'm just guessing here - but Carnival has plenty of time to cancel the later Radiance cruises...

They are probably delaying the announcements to "flatten the curve" of the pounding that their customer service reps are getting right now for immediate cancellations.

Edited by crooooze

I believe, like the Mardi Gras sailings that were pulled off, they stopped selling until they get a firmer grip on when the Mardi Gras and Radiance really will be ready to sail. For instance,  if they can start the refurbishment on the Radiance say June 1st, they can still have some New York and Norfolk sailings starting sometime in August. If it turns out later that it's not feasible, that's less FCC and OBC  that they have to process since they have stopped the  bookings already. It's the same deal with the Mardi Gras. They will open the bookings again once they know better. 

Edited by Jamman54

48 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Radiance cruises are the only NY cruises that are gone from the sight.  So it's a Radiance thing.

no. the Carnival Legend 3 NY cruises is also gone from the site. May 16, May 25 and June 3

5 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Ok.  But, NY does have May - Aug sailings currently available.  So, to correct my earlier post:

It's a ship specific thing, not a NY thing.

for Legend it was supposed to leave Tampa on 5/3 and end in NYC on 5/16.  stay in NYC for 1 month before heading to Europe.  So my thought is Legend isnt leaving Tampa now since the 5/3 cruise was cancelled.  Since Europe is on lockdown i think Legend will just stay in the US and that is why you dont see any bookings for Legend until November.  Legend might be a ship without a home till then.

I was hoping they would cancel through June.  I am sure the Radiance will not sail June 25.  My final payment is due this Friday and really didn't want to shuck out the money then have to wait for it.  We will definitely cancel and luckily have insurance so will just file a claim for our deposit and airline.  Hubby had a heart transplant 2 years ago.  His Dr. said back to no cruising for awhile and definitely no going to NYC.  My TA said not to cancel last week.  She was sure Radiance would be canceled for at least May and all of June and thought I wouldn't have to put in a claim.  Actually its no biggie!!  She said work was halted in Spain and Radiance is in limbo????????

59 minutes ago, PrincessArlena'sDad said:

Ok.  But, NY does have May - Aug sailings currently available.  So, to correct my earlier post:

It's a ship specific thing, not a NY thing.

Just shows the complexity of any decision to defer sailings