Eclipse in San Diego 03-30-2020

ddr

We are just starting debarkation.  We will debark in groups according to our luggage tag numbers.  Some are going to the airport here by special buses.  We are going to LAX by bus at 2:15.  Our flight is at 8:20, so we debark much later than those on earlier flights.  others do not disembark till tomorrow.  It is all very organized.  This has been the most amazing cruise we have ever been on.  Many first timers on here are totally impressed with how Celebrity has treated us on this longest celebrity cruise in history.

Ship departs Tuesday or Wed? for Acapulco with the remainder of the guests who are South American.

Lovely picture.  Thank you.

Edited by TeaBag
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the update.  (I was booked on the now-canceled Coastal to Vancouver that should have been departing today.)

Glad to hear that Celebrity is taking good care of the passengers during this difficult time.

45 minutes ago, TeaBag said:

We are just starting debarkation.  We will debark in groups according to our luggage tag numbers.  Some are going to the airport here by special buses.  We are going to LAX by bus at 2:15.  Our flight is at 8:20, so we debark much later than those on earlier flights.  others do not disembark till tomorrow.  It is all very organized.  This has been the most amazing cruise we have ever been on.  Many first timers on here are totally impressed with how Celebrity has treated us on this longest celebrity cruise in history.

Ship departs Tuesday or Wed? for Acapulco with the remainder of the guests who are South American.

Welcome home. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TeaBag said:

Welcome home Thelma. Prayers for a safe journey home. It is a different world than the one you left. Hope to cruise with you again someday!

• Like 1

It's been on all the local news here in San Diego.  The ship will take two days to reload supplies and disembark 1500 passengers according to what the news is saying.  They have all been cleared as asymptomatic for Covid-19.  They also said the Wonder may stay in port for a long time.  

What a wild cruise that was!  Highest praise to Celebrity corporate and to the crew of the Eclipse.  We were kept informed and very well taken care of.  Debarkation this morning was the most organized and seemless we have seen in our +/- 50 cruises.  Distributing masks and gloves to each passenger at the gangway was an excellent touch.

We are local to San Diego, and it's GREAT to be home!

Stopped at the store for fresh supplies on the way home - it is a new world out there.

• Like 4

Very Happy to See You All Made it Safe & Sound...

Sad we weren't able to board on the 15th...

Glad they took care of you, especially those of you who had not planned on this leg of the cruise!

Adding a little salt to the wound...

A short while ago, my calendar sent me a reminder to let me know I could check in for our flight home, from San Diego to Anchorage tomorrow night...

In other words, Johnny & I should have gotten off our the cruise this morning...

Celebrity Eclipse - 03/15/20 - Santiago, Chile to San Diego, CA...

We Wish You All Safe & Healthy Travels on-wards to your homes!

Cheers  --  Von & John

The Eclipse will leave San Diego on Tuesday, March 31 around 5 p.m. to go to Acapulco where approximately 200 passengers will disembark on April 4. These passengers do not possess appropriate documents for entry into the U.S. The Eclipse is scheduled to return to San Diego’s outer anchorage on April 7 with no passengers. The crew will remain onboard. 

From cruise industry news

I am sure the passangers go throught the same procedures like everyone else. Tempreture test, overall examination and etc. Including the crew. Or they might be just empty docking for now. There is this case at the moment where those ships dont know where to park and wait till the end of crisis. Some of them even stay at sea just not to irritate the locals of the port towns. Will see how the situation will go. Hope that they will leave eventually

Just home from the Eclipse. We thought we were on a healthy ship. A passenger just tested positive for the virus. They had been sick for about a week. The Dr. said it was bronchitis & sent them to their cabin. Turned into pneumonia, still not quarantined.  Now everyone going home & possibly infected their families. Sounds like they just wanted to get everyone of the ship & off their dime.

• Like 2

Thank you everyone for the "welcome home".  We are very glad to be here. Yesterday was stressful but we made it.  It is very upsetting today to learn about the woman with COVID, now in ICU in San Diego.  I wonder if she stayed in her cabin after being diagnosed with bronchitis?  2 days later after the diagnosis of pneumonia and being put on IV, I would hope she remained in the medical facility.  I think the Dr on board should have been thinking about a possible case of COVID?  I don't think he had any testing equipment and the positive diagnosis was not made until she reached the hospital.  I sure hope she recovers.

This is a steep learning curve for those of us who have not even had to think of COVID while on Eclipse. We just had to avoid the dreaded cruise cough by washing our hands often. 

We are planning on staying put, of course, because all CDNS returning home are put on mandatory quarantine.

• Like 1

Thoughts, prayers and kudos to the staff and crew if the Eclipse.  Sounds like they took great care of the passengers.  Once the final passengers are dropped off in Acapulco the ordeal will continue for them.  Many will have been away from family and friends for months.  Let’s hope their isolation on the ship is short and safe.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RickT said:

Thoughts, prayers and kudos to the staff and crew if the Eclipse.  Sounds like they took great care of the passengers.  Once the final passengers are dropped off in Acapulco the ordeal will continue for them.  Many will have been away from family and friends for months.  Let’s hope their isolation on the ship is short and safe.

Are those passengers still on Eclipse? If so I wonder if Mexico will let them disembark now knowing that they were all potentially exposed.