Any recommendations for sugar-free desserts on Summit

TechKnowBabble

I agree with Buckeye Geo.

I was on the January 8th cruise of the Infinity. I told our waiter on the first night that I would like sugar free dessert everynight. When he brought the dessert tray by, he would show the desserts and then told me this is the sugar free selection, but I will bring you a better one.

Each night I had a different dessert than what was on the tray and it was great.

He told me that the sugar free desserts on the tray are not all that good and that the ones he would bring me were much better. I don't know if they were better, but the ones he brought out were great.

Be careful about the desserts at the Aqua Spa. They look beautiful, but I don't think they are sugarfree. If you need to be as careful as I do about sugar, you'd better check on them.

I don't often have dessert, even sugar-free, but one night there was a baked apple in a pastry crust that was yummy. They were also very accommodating and made me a sugar-free birthday cake at the request of my husband. This was on Infinity, but I'm sure it's the same on Summit.

Think about ordering a cheese and fruit plate for dessert. They do a great job with those.

The Pecan Cheesecake is as good as any regular cheesecake and they used to have a chocolate banana tart thing at lunch that was really good. They will always bring a bowl of berries and cream that you can add Splenda to. Very, very good.

Reading from Summit menus: they also offer cheese & crackers

day 1 no sugar added ice cream, no sugar added orange flan custard

day 2 nsa lemon tulip w/fresh fruit,the NSA ice creams

day 3 nsa plum Clafouris, nsa ice cream

day 4 NSA ice cream w/sauteed peaches, NSA apple crepes w/calvados sabayon

day 5 NSA apple royale

day 6 nsa ricotta Napoleon, nsa ice cream w/mandarin

day 7 nsa banana beignet w/rum sauce

day 8 nsa blackberry anis parfait

day 9 nsa pineapple polenta cakes, nsa ice cream w/mandarin & kiwi

day 10 nsa almont pear w/a golden cage

day 11 nsa cherries jubilee

Reading from Summit menus: they also offer cheese & crackers

day 1 no sugar added ice cream, no sugar added orange flan custard

day 2 nsa lemon tulip w/fresh fruit,the NSA ice creams

day 3 nsa plum Clafouris, nsa ice cream

day 4 NSA ice cream w/sauteed peaches, NSA apple crepes w/calvados sabayon

day 5 NSA apple royale

day 6 nsa ricotta Napoleon, nsa ice cream w/mandarin

day 7 nsa banana beignet w/rum sauce

day 8 nsa blackberry anis parfait

day 9 nsa pineapple polenta cakes, nsa ice cream w/mandarin & kiwi

day 10 nsa almont pear w/a golden cage

day 11 nsa cherries jubilee

Bless you bless you...that is EXCELLENT TYVM!!!!

They may be made without sugar, but remember.. all carbohydrates are metabolized as sugar... and many of the "sugar" free... still are high in carbs.

Still a no-no for diabetics.

I know...I watch my carbs carefully. I just wanted the option to splurge. Some of the time I might just have one bite of my boyfriends regular dessert and leave it at that.

I have not been on the Summit, but have been on many Celebrity Ships. I just inform my waiter that I wish to have sugar free desserts and he has produced some great tasting treats. You should have no problems.

could I ask you a discret question? do they contain malitol? that stuff does a major number on me. splenda and nutrasweet is okay for me though. I hope someone posts soon. I leave tomorrow. So someone please answer soon i hope.

They may be made without sugar, but remember.. all carbohydrates are metabolized as sugar... and many of the "sugar" free... still are high in carbs.

Still a no-no for diabetics.

You are so right-I have people who just do not understand that. One woman told me to eat lots of the great pineapple in place of dessert. I have to limit my fruits too-people just do not realize fruit sugar runs up blood sugar also.

Often I just order a small scoop of the reg. ice cream as it does not hurt me as long as the scoop is SMALL and I do plenty of walking or other exercise.

My poor body cannot not deal with that malitol stuff.

For me, Carbs are not a problem, but white sugar is.

I am not diabetic, but has Gastric Bypass two years ago. Because of this, if I eat to much sugar I get very sick. A word of caution, the ice cream is no sugar added and not sugar free. I did have a scope of no sugar added ice cream and had all of the effects of regular ice cream.

For me, Carbs are not a problem, but white sugar is.

I am not diabetic, but has Gastric Bypass two years ago. Because of this, if I eat to much sugar I get very sick. A word of caution, the ice cream is no sugar added and not sugar free. I did have a scope of no sugar added ice cream and had all of the effects of regular ice cream.

There is natural sugar in milk. Actually though I was referring to a small scoop of regualr ice cream with sugar-as you pointed out the no sugar added-carbwise (the body turns carbs to sugar) is not that "saving"- I will just go for a small scoop of reg. icecream-as long as I walk or other exercise afterwards-it does not hurt me too badly.

I have found on cruises because of all the walking I do on ship I can eat a little more then I do at home.

Archived