Cruise Critic Community
Steelers36

Fall 2021 "Exotics" (Long Journeys for Europe-Asia)

Do any TA's on here have an approximate estimate as to when Princess would normally release a voyage from UK to Singapore - or the reverse?  I realize nothing may fall on the same dates as the past going forward as Princess doesn't really know when they can start up again, where they can sail to/from, nor if all the fleet will be in use, etc.  But I was wondering just in case they do plan to release info.  I am inquiring because a UK-Rome-Dubai-Singapore-Sydney voyage is not looking likely this fall and nothing posted yet to indicate what, if any, ship(s) would make a similar voyage in 2021.

Fascinating - how long would that cruise be ?

Posted (edited)

These would normally be released sometime in the April to June timeframe, however I'd expect the announcement to pushed back until late fall 2020 or even early 2021 at this point. Until the cruise lines return to service and make fleet decisions moving forward they are not going to release anything new.

That said I also foresee some SIGNIFICANT changes to already released 2021/22 deployments from all the cruise lines in the coming months as some ships may not return to service at all., and international travel demand will be down for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72

13 hours ago, Tedferg said:

Fascinating - how long would that cruise be ?

38 nights to Singapore (our end port) and I think another 14 to Sydney.

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Thanks, have never considered a really long cruise but hat itinerary is intriguing.

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, have never considered a really long cruise but hat itinerary is intriguing.

One we have completed was a 60-nighter from FLL return around South America.  It was a fantastic journey - 50-50 split between ports and sea days.  It was an amazing experience and I would do most all of it over again in a heartbeat.  Our tours were 95% wonderful (virtually all small private groups).  I would love to return to several places.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Think it is 18 Singapore to Sydney.

we are currently booked Singapore To Brisbane which is 16 days but as Steelers says, unlikely to happen this fall. 

I would be interested to know when it may become available to recreate the trip which I think we will be cancelling. 

I suspect more likely that it will be 2022 before we can look at this cruise again, once the schedules are back to normal.

For example - I am not sure Regal will get to the UK this summer and from what others have said regarding NZ, then probably not to Sydney this fall so the summer down under into 2021 as planned.

Personally I suspect long voyages of this nature will be slow to return.  Even as the current Pandemic slows down there may well be a continuing outbreak of Covid, just to a much lesser degree.   Given the difficulties that cruise lines have faced and are currently facing, I think they would fear what might happen if a passenger or two came down with the disease while on a long journey while the ship was distant from its points of either embarkation or disembarkation.  The risks of shorter cruises would real but substantially less.  Closed loop or one or two country cruises may return much sooner.   

3 minutes ago, wheezedr said:

Personally I suspect long voyages of this nature will be slow to return.  Even as the current Pandemic slows down there may well be a continuing outbreak of Covid, just to a much lesser degree.   Given the difficulties that cruise lines have faced and are currently facing, I think they would fear what might happen if a passenger or two came down with the disease while on a long journey while the ship was distant from its points of either embarkation or disembarkation.  The risks of shorter cruises would real but substantially less.  Closed loop or one or two country cruises may return much sooner.   

A very logical observation.