Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Ourusualbeach

FCC Terms - Cruise with Confidence

Recommended Posts

Here are the terms for the FCC’s issued under the cruise with confidence program. There are slightly different terms for the Suspended Sailings. 

 

  • Valid on bookings created on or after March 6, 2020 and existing bookings not yet paid to full.
  • Any booking made using the Cruise with Confidence FCC must be used for a sailing that commences on or before December 31, 2021.
  • If the Cruise with Confidence FCC is not redeemed and sailed on or before December 31, 2021, the certificate will automatically expire and have no value.
  • Future Cruise Credits are per person, per booking, and valid only for the person noted above. FCCs are redeemable towards cruise fare only and are not valid on Complimentary cruises, Incentive bookings, and Charter sailings.
  • All guests are responsible for taxes and fees, where applicable.
  • Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to void the FCC Savings amount if the guest named above receives another form of compensation, including claiming through our travel protection.
  • If there is a remaining balance once you redeem your FCC, you'll receive the balance in a new FCC after you complete the sailing it is used to sail on.
  • FCCs are only valid for the cruises on Royal Caribbean International ships, are not transferable, and may not be redeemed for cash.
  • The Cruise with Confidence FCC cannot be redeemed to repurchase the same sailing where the original booking cancelled.
  • Additional terms and conditions apply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Crazy planning mom said:

This press release differs from what you just posted.   It covers sailings to September 1, 2020

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/royal-caribbean-group-extends-cruise-with-confidence-policy-through-september-1-301032046.html

No it’s actually not different.  I posted the terms and conditions and did not mention the date , but  I appreciate you posting the update that the Cruise with Cinfidence policy has been extended by a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@OurusualbeachI just saw that Cruise with Confidence has just extended the date  to sailings thru  Sept 1 2020

Edited by molly361

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, molly361 said:

@OurusualbeachI just saw that Cruise with Confidence has just extended the date  to sailings thru  Sept 1 2020

You missed my post right before yours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

You missed my post right before yours.

Ooppsie!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You missed my post right before yours.

Probably going to lose another $18 drink package

 

I know we have more important things in the world to think about blah, blah blah😇🍺

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, molly361 said:

@OurusualbeachI just saw that Cruise with Confidence has just extended the date  to sailings thru  Sept 1 2020

They also allowed more flexibility for TA’s.

 

We can do double name changes up until 48 hours before sailing and we also maintain any group space up until 48 hours prior to sailing instead of it being taken back at 120 days prior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am I missing something? I must be because this doesn't make sense. Why would I let them keep my money when they aren't giving me anything more? If they are cancelling the cruise then I will get a full refund.

"Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of choice in 2020 or 2021."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Am I missing something? I must be because this doesn't make sense. Why would I let them keep my money when they aren't giving me anything more? If they are cancelling the cruise then I will get a full refund.

"Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of choice in 2020 or 2021."

This is the cruise with confidence policy where guests can choose to voluntarily cancel their sailings that Royal may or may not cancel in the future. 

 

Totally different than the suspended sailings policy. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Am I missing something? I must be because this doesn't make sense. Why would I let them keep my money when they aren't giving me anything more? If they are cancelling the cruise then I will get a full refund.

"Guests will receive a full credit for their fare, usable on any future sailing of choice in 2020 or 2021."

They are being very clever maybe wanting you to cancel now then keeping your money and only getting a FCC that you may or maybe not want to use by waiting until RCCL cancels the cruise you will probably get the choice of 100% cash refund or 125% FCC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

This is the cruise with confidence policy where guests can choose to voluntarily cancel their sailings that Royal may or may not cancel in the future. 

 

Totally different than the suspended sailings policy. 

Ok, I understand now. Royal cancel my May 2nd and I know my May 17th will also be cancelled so that's what I was thinking about. I didn't think about others who are cancelling because they want to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can’t they just give a gift card for the amount you paid?  This FCC is an absolute joke for a family of 4.  We are booked in a suite for May 17 cruise and if we cancel that means the 4 year old and the 1 Year old each get 25 percent of the amount we paid.  I’ve vary rarely seen where guests 3/4 as small children pay the same fare that passengers 1/2 pay on the room.  This is making people lose a lot of money.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone have any idea how this would work? I have a fcc from a few weeks ago valued at $3600. We have a cruise in August that has $2100 remaining. If I pay the balance off with the FCC and end up canceling, will I just get my original fcc restored to $3600??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dominicr said:

Why can’t they just give a gift card for the amount you paid?  This FCC is an absolute joke for a family of 4.  We are booked in a suite for May 17 cruise and if we cancel that means the 4 year old and the 1 Year old each get 25 percent of the amount we paid.  I’ve vary rarely seen where guests 3/4 as small children pay the same fare that passengers 1/2 pay on the room.  This is making people lose a lot of money.  

Call when you have the FCC and go to apply it.   I was told that they will review it on a case by case basis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, colesc15 said:

Anyone have any idea how this would work? I have a fcc from a few weeks ago valued at $3600. We have a cruise in August that has $2100 remaining. If I pay the balance off with the FCC and end up canceling, will I just get my original fcc restored to $3600??

If you have $2100 remaining and apply the  $3600 FCC to it you would then be issued a second FCC for $1500 once the Aug cruise is completed.  If the Aug cruise is cancelled then the FCC will be restored to $3600. 

 

I believe that that you can also apply the FCC to amounts that have already been paid (other than taxes and fees) and that will be refunded to its original form of payment. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Call when you have the FCC and go to apply it.   I was told that they will review it on a case by case basis. 

That’s really good to know then.  Thank you for that.  
 

is the fcc allowed to be used on taxes and fees?  A mock booking for the fall is less money than we paid for our May cruise in the same suite by a couple hundred. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, dominicr said:

That’s really good to know then.  Thank you for that.  
 

is the fcc allowed to be used on taxes and fees?  A mock booking for the fall is less money than we paid for our May cruise in the same suite by a couple hundred. 

No guarantees but at least will review it.

 

Cant be used on taxes and fees. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

No guarantees but at least will review it.

 

Cant be used on taxes and fees. 

So if the cruise is canceled you are just out that money then and have to repay on future cruise? That sounds wrong....but then again it’s governments and taxes we are talking about and that’s the biggest waste of money and fraud out of anything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, dominicr said:

So if the cruise is canceled you are just out that money then and have to repay on future cruise? That sounds wrong....but then again it’s governments and taxes we are talking about and that’s the biggest waste of money and fraud out of anything.  

Taxes and fees are always refunded if the cruise is cancelled, that is why they have to be paid. 

 

Even on cruises where you take the FCC the taxes and fees are refunded. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Taxes and fees are always refunded if the cruise is cancelled, that is why they have to be paid. 

Ah gotcha ...thanks.  But if we cancel and elect to just get the credit we are out of that money?  I ask these questions since the wife is a nurse practitioner and was told today their vacations are most likely canceled through June.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dominicr said:

Ah gotcha ...thanks.  But if we cancel and elect to just get the credit we are out of that money?  I ask these questions since the wife is a nurse practitioner and was told today their vacations are most likely canceled through June.  

No you will not be out anything. 

 

What is the date date of the cruise you are referring to. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

No you will not be out anything. 

 

What is the date date of the cruise you are referring to. 

May 17 on liberty out of Galveston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, dominicr said:

May 17 on liberty out of Galveston. 

Ok, it’s paid in full.  If Royal cancels it you would get back your taxes and fees and have a choice of a 125% FCC or a refund for the balance, (assuming the policy does not change)

 

if you cancel now you get your taxes and fees refunded and a 100%FCC for the balance. 

 

No harm in waiting as you can cancel up to 48 hours prior to sailing. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...