This from Oceania today

Jancruz

1 hour ago, susiesan said:

And there are countries where you can be denied entry without proof of the yellow fever vaccine. You cannot fly there without having the yellow fever vaccine. I got the vaccine a while ago for a safari trip that had us in Zimbabwe for 2 days. Because that is a yellow fever country we would not have been allowed into South Africa after having visited Zimbabwe without proof of the vaccine. If one is an anti vexer then you just may not be able to travel to any place YOU want to. Anti vaxxers will have to limit their travel to within the US. 

Few people grasp that the first word in ADA is Americans! 😂 HIPPA is an American law. Some believe that might prohibit foreign flagged lines from sharing   “Do not sail lists “! 😂

20 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

Feeling frustrated about cruising?  Having been on Sirena in March because Oceania didn't cancel or offer credit, I am wondering if cruising will ever be the the same. 

no  it will never be the same  again for you

You will always hold a grudge that you did not get the cruise you signed up

56 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

no  it will never be the same  again for you

You will always hold a grudge that you did not get the cruise you signed up

I think a lot of us would. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, RJB said:

I think a lot of us would. 

That really surprises me. We had a (non-O) cruise cancel; should have been embarking today as a matter of fact. Disappointed? Sure. But a grudge? Why?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Highseasquest said:

I received an email today saying my fcc is ready. Where is it located in my online account? 

I don't believe it shows. It is only revealed if you or your TA calls about it and if you want to book a future cruise.

3 minutes ago, Highseasquest said:

Thank you, Do you know if they are supposed to refund taxes from fcc for cruise cancellation? Princess did but nothing from Oceania.

Yes, AFAIK, taxes are always refundable in cash even if you are getting only a FCC

1 minute ago, Highseasquest said:

Thank You Paulchili,

We cancelled a Mar 11 cruise but this is the first communication I have had about our FCC and they have not refunded the taxes as of today. 

We cancelled our Seabourn cruise 2/27 for FCC and are still waiting for the tax refund - hang in there 🙂

It does vary from cruise line to cruise line depending on how busy they are and how many staff they kept.

Call your TA.

30 minutes ago, Highseasquest said:

I received an email today saying my fcc is ready. Where is it located in my online account? 

someone mentioned they saw it in their online  account 

I think it may have been PaulMCO    maybe  he will answer if it was him

I also got email stating that my fcc was ready. Looked in my Oceania account. Nothing. Called Oceania and was told it was there and the amount. Have to book by 3/19/21 and complete cruise by 3/19/22.looked again. Nothing. So Oceania has a record and I have no piece of mail explaining the amount and terms.  Not sure if I will use it. In NJ the stay at home lockdown order is still in effect until the governor lifts it. No end date. There is also travel restrictions driving in NJ to leave the state. Supposedly you need essential worker documents. Haven’t tried or wanted to leave my home, so interstate travel for me is a nonissue.  Schools are closed now until May 15th, but can and likely will be extended. With all this, a fcc doesn’t seem very valuable. Basic necessities are more valuable. Need milk, eggs, paper products, etc. 

57 minutes ago, Redtravel said:

I also got email stating that my fcc was ready. Looked in my Oceania account. Nothing. Called Oceania and was told it was there and the amount.

Did you ask where to see in your online account??

Just wondering if it  is there or just in your account that  staff  see?

49 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Did you ask where to see in your online account??

Just wondering if it  is there or just in your account that  staff  see?

41 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I think it's the latter.

From my understanding , FCCs do not appear on your online account.  When it gets applied to a future cruise it shows up on the invoice.  It's not like OBC.  I never found an invoice on my online account, nor any place where payments are disclosed, other than boxes that are checked when deposit and final payments are made.  Are you aware of anywhere on the online account that this info is displayed?

Our TA and the folks at Oceania can see the pending credit

Edited by 1985rz1

1 hour ago, 1985rz1 said:

Our TA and the folks at Oceania can see the pending credit

Exactly - those are the only people that can see it.

You might see it if you started to book a cruise online and the FCC might be applied to your booking (like an OBC would).

12 hours ago, Redtravel said:

With all this, a fcc doesn’t seem very valuable. Basic necessities are more valuable. Need milk, eggs, paper products, etc. 

We have one also and in the grand scheme of things it's dang near off the bottom of the list.

8 minutes ago, clo said:

We have one also and in the grand scheme of things it's dang near off the bottom of the list.

Just to be fair, it depends on the amount of FCC. If it is “only” for a deposit - and I know that’s a lot of money too - but it can be dealt with. Some are for full cruises worth $20K+ - no chump change.

Someone on Seabourn is waiting for a refund of $160,000 (must be a world cruise?), that would be different matter even for a well to do person - that would keep me up at night.

1 minute ago, Paulchili said:

Just to be fair, it depends on the amount of FCC. If it is “only” for a deposit - and I know that’s a lot of money too - but it can be dealt with. Some are for full cruises worth $20K+ - no chump change.

Someone on Seabourn is waiting for a refund of $160,000 (must be a world cruise?), that would be different matter even for a well to do person - that would keep me up at night.

Gotcha. This is not an enormous sum of money.