Online TA Closing

15 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They were part of #eb jet weren’t they?

so if you had a booking what would happen to that?

They will be handling bookings that have already been made, up until September. After that bookings revert to the cruise company. They seem to be doing everything they can for their customers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have a couple of domestic cruises booked December to February.
Grand suites

looking at the prices ,they have  tripled. Hopefully  agents and Royal  won’t go bust and we loose them.

I’m thinking the domestic market will be the first to take off.

29 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Been in contact with our flighty Center travel agents. will only offer a store future credit for our cancelled Celebrity cruise not a cash refund 😞

So wish I had never used them.

Further to this they now say that they will charge $300 per person cancellation fee. I think that the Celebrity 125% FCC might be better.

40 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Been in contact with our flighty Center travel agents. will only offer a store future credit for our cancelled Celebrity cruise not a cash refund 😞

9 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Further to this they now say that they will charge $300 per person cancellation fee. I think that the Celebrity 125% FCC might be better.

Are you saying that the cruise line would refund your money to the TA and the TA would keep it and only offer you a store credit, and charge you a cancellation fee as well? Surely that's illegal?

I'd take the Celebrity FCC in that case!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Are you saying that the cruise line would refund your money to the TA and the TA would keep it and only offer you a store credit, and charge you a cancellation fee as well? Surely that's illegal?

At this point in time the the FCC looks good so long as I don't have to use the FCC through them. I thought as they were a big chain of travel agents I would have no problems.

In regards to the cruise I have have the following 3 options:

1. Keep the full amount paid for the cruise as a travel agent credit

2. Or cancel and get charged a $300 per person cancellation fee

3. Get 125% FCC from Celebrity.

1 hour ago, peter1956 said:

I have been in touch with my TA about my Princess cruise that the company has cancelled. There is no cancellation fee. This is the company I go to 1st for cruises.

28 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

👍

40 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Ouch that is tough. They taking their commission. I would be asking for the refund back in $$ if they taking their cut in $$ or full future credit. 

59 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

That doesn't sound right, does it? What's in the TA's T&Cs regarding fees payable by you in the event of the cruise line cancelling?

28 minutes ago, LittleFish1976 said:

That doesn't sound right, does it? What's in the TA's T&Cs regarding fees payable by you in the event of the cruise line cancelling?

in The T&C's it does say that if I cancel they will charge the $300 fee per person which is fine if I decide to cancel. But you would think that as the other party cancelled they would waive the fee or at least charge a small admin charge?

I think what the are saying is that because I don't want their instore credit I am cancelling?

1 minute ago, peter1956 said:

in The T&C's it does say that if I cancel they will charge the $300 fee per person which is fine if I decide to cancel. But you would think that as the other party cancelled they would waive the fee or at least charge a small admin charge?

I think what the are saying is that because I don't want their instore credit I am cancelling?

I think our Consumer Laws would have some protection for you in that. Surely. Otherwise no-one would use a TA. Or maybe tell them you'll take it up with the Ombudsman.

2 minutes ago, peter1956 said:

Have you contacted Consumer Affairs Victoria about this? You are not cancelling. If they clam you are cancelling then ask them to provide the exact service (ship, cruise and date) that you have paid for. They couldn't, obviously, so should be obliged to refund.

• Like 1