Cruise for May cancelled does our TA have to get monies back/rebook?

Tikka234

Hi we've had our May cruise cancelled our booking was with a high street TA can't get hold of them shop shut. Looked online says were still dealing with April will contact later bookings when we get to them.

If we want the 125% and rebook does it have to be through TA? Or If it goes into our account how soon and how can we check?

If we want a refund can we just do online form?

I noticed the online form for FFC is saying 110%.

Did they change the 125% to 110% last month?

Thanks 

3 hours ago, Tikka234 said:

Thanks I have cancelled shore excursions, do you know if we take FCC  can we still have OBC  when we book our next cruise with FCC  ?

I used FCC today to book an alternative cruise to one that has been cancelled and received the advertised OBC without needing to ask.

4 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I used FCC today to book an alternative cruise to one that has been cancelled and received the advertised OBC without needing to ask.

Hi Pete, 

A couple of posters on another thread are asking how they book online with FCC. 

Can you help, if so could you advise please. 

Andy 

32 minutes ago, AndyMichelle said:

Hi Pete, 

A couple of posters on another thread are asking how they book online with FCC. 

Can you help, if so could you advise please. 

Andy 

I guess that booking online will not allow you to use FCC until it is applied to your account. Could take weeks. Better to phone and ask P&O to apply it to the account and then use it for booking immediately during your phone call. Personally, I wouldn’t book online anyway, much prefer to speak to somebody who may be able to answer questions. I don’t suppose they would be happy to respond to a request to apply it to your account unless you are booking there and then so for their sake, probably best not to ask but be patient instead. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2020 at 6:10 PM, pete14 said:

Is that the advertised OBC for that booking or carried forward OBC from the cancelled one?

Thanks.

56 minutes ago, jones721 said:

Is that the advertised OBC for that booking or carried forward OBC from the cancelled one?

Thanks.

It is a completely new booking even though it uses FCC from the previous one and carries the advertised OBC of the new cruise (actually higher than the cancelled one). 

Rang  PO today to book a cruise for next year (July) as our May one has been cancelled, our 125% was on our account st new cruise booked with £360 obc per cabin and nearly enough left to book a short cruise. Great service waited up to 10mins lovely lady booked our 3 cabins ( even though our original booking was with TUI who we couldn't get hold of) no problems Great service PO. 

Edited by Tikka234
Mistake
  • Like 2

Cannot help thinking that P&O are rubbing their hands at people transferring their cancelled holidays. The current price of holidays for 2021 are a lot higher than they were when they were released in Sept/Oct 2019 so in effect the extra 25% is giving you nothing and they keep your money to help with cashflow problems they must have with not a lot coming in and more going out.

51 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Cannot help thinking that P&O are rubbing their hands at people transferring their cancelled holidays. The current price of holidays for 2021 are a lot higher than they were when they were released in Sept/Oct 2019 so in effect the extra 25% is giving you nothing and they keep your money to help with cashflow problems they must have with not a lot coming in and more going out.

We have booked the same cruise for July 2021 that we had cancelled in May and it's cheaper than our May one. So have enough  Fcc for another cruise in happy with that.

57 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

As you know, prices are always lower when cruises are released. Those, such as me, who book on release benefit from this but if all the extra 25% fcc does is bring the booking price down to the relief price then I don’t mind. I had Iona maiden cancelled. It was 9 nights in Norway. The ‘replacement’ is 12 nights in Norway in August 2021 . Costs a little more than the fcc allows for but it is a better itinerary in peak holiday season.

1 hour ago, majortom10 said:

Our upcoming cruise is almost exactly 25% more for the same itinerary and time next year.. 

Nuff said... 

Andy 

33 minutes ago, Stokie33 said:

Has anyone please got the phone number and opening times as I think I will be best phoning them as got to sort out 2 cruises 

There is a sticky towards the top of this page with the freephone number.