Future Cruise Credit Question

My Sapphire Princess Cruise has been cancelled. I have two options.

1. FCC to use by June 30, 2021

2. Full refund

I want the FCC, but my daughter wants the refund, as she is unsure if she would get holidays in time to use it.

Is it possible to do that? 

31 minutes ago, SeaDays4Us said:

2. Full refund

I want the FCC, but my daughter wants the refund, as she is unsure if she would get holidays in time to use it.

There's no harm in asking. I would think though you will probably have to choose the same option as I assume you were booked in the same cabin.

Leigh

41 minutes ago, SeaDays4Us said:

2. Full refund

What date was your cruise? Not a trick question, we're booked on May 22nd. TA says we will get a notification from Princess and the TA offering a refund or FCC.

9 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

What date was your cruise? Not a trick question, we're booked on May 22nd. TA says we will get a notification from Princess and the TA offering a refund or FCC.

Our cruise was 25th May on the Sapphire Princess. We both got separate emails today, so I'm hoping we can each chose what we want.

26 minutes ago, possum52 said:

There's no harm in asking. I would think though you will probably have to choose the same option as I assume you were booked in the same cabin.

Leigh

Yes we were in the same cabin. 

I will call tomorrow.  Thanks for replying. 

1 minute ago, SeaDays4Us said:

Our cruise was 25th May on the Sapphire Princess. We both got separate emails today, so I'm hoping we can each chose what we want.

We should hear shortly then. You don't say whether you have separate bookings for the same cruise - if so there shouldn't be any issues. If it's one booking with multiple contacts - then the decision is for the one booking - which would have a lead person, and that person makes the decision, hope that makes sense 

4 minutes ago, SeaDays4Us said:

Good luck, reading your answer to the post above, if you received separate emails, you may be able to choose separate options.

Leigh

3 minutes ago, SeaDays4Us said:

Let us know how you go - I strongly suspect one decision fits all - sounds as if it was one booking.

20 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Agree with dizzy. If it's a single booking, the standard approach is one option needs to be selected.

Yes it was one booking, one cabin. Was just wonder, because we both just emails, asking what we each wanted to do. FCC or refund.

It's a fair question. If only a single option, I would expect the notification only to go to a single holder. So maybe Princess are doing it differently from the other lines and allowing it to be split, or they just are covering all bases and sending to all.

Actually, I did some searching and it appears Princess are doing it individually per pax:

https://www.princess.com/news/pdfs/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations.pdf

12. How are FCCs distributed across passengers on existing bookings? 
 FCCs are given per person based on each passenger’s individual cruise or cruisetour fare. In the event one person paid for all passengers on the booking, FCCs are still distributed to each passenger, not the payer. 

53 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

It's a fair question. If only a single option, I would expect the notification only to go to a single holder. So maybe Princess are doing it differently from the other lines and allowing it to be split, or they just are covering all bases and sending to all.

Actually, I did some searching and it appears Princess are doing it individually per pax:

https://www.princess.com/news/pdfs/voluntary-60-day-pause-of-global-ship-operations.pdf

FCCs are given per person based on each passenger’s individual cruise or cruisetour fare. In the event one person paid for all passengers on the booking, FCCs are still distributed to each passenger, not the payer. 

Very interesting. Thanks for doing some digging.

5 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

Oh wow, that's different, and a bonus, expect that's due to the current situation. Reckon there would be lots of bookings similar to SeaDays4Us. Still doesn't mention "split" outcomes, (refund for one and FCC for one). Gotta wait for SeaDays4Us to check out and let us know.

Edited by dizzy1948

Okay…….this is what we have received tonight. Will need to inwardly digest to make a decision 🍽️

Dear Ozcruising Customer,

Recently we have had to make some changes to our refund policy, which affects all new and previous booking cancellations. We have been informed by most of our suppliers that refund processing times have increased substantially, this has had an impact on our ability to process refunds within the next 3-6 months. The full details are included in the attached document for reference.

Regarding your voyage cancellation Ozcruising is offering you a choice of future cruise credit as outlined below.

Option A If you would prefer to receive the future cruise credit. No further action is required as Princess Cruises will default to this option.

Option B – For passengers not opting for a future cruise credit with Princess Cruises. We will be offering an Ozcruising credit for 100% of your cruise including port fees and taxes, this will be available for you for up to 24 months from your original cruise date.  We wish to reassure you that if your credit cannot be used within this period it will be refunded in full however may take 6 months onwards after request.

We apologise for any disappointment this change may cause and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time in our nation’s history.

Mostly, make sure you also stay safe and reach out with any questions or concerns you have. Our response times may be significantly higher but our team remains committed to providing our clients with our assistance during these challenging  times.

Kind regards

Option B – For passengers not opting for a future cruise credit with Princess Cruises. We will be offering an Ozcruising credit for 100% of your cruise including port fees and taxes, this will be available for you for up to 24 months from your original cruise date.  We wish to reassure you that if your credit cannot be used within this period it will be refunded in full however may take 6 months onwards after request. 

12 hours ago, dizzy1948 said:

Okay…….this is what we have received tonight. Will need to inwardly digest to make a decision 🍽️

Dear Ozcruising Customer,

Recently we have had to make some changes to our refund policy, which affects all new and previous booking cancellations. We have been informed by most of our suppliers that refund processing times have increased substantially, this has had an impact on our ability to process refunds within the next 3-6 months. The full details are included in the attached document for reference.

Regarding your voyage cancellation Ozcruising is offering you a choice of future cruise credit as outlined below.

Option A If you would prefer to receive the future cruise credit. No further action is required as Princess Cruises will default to this option.

Option B – For passengers not opting for a future cruise credit with Princess Cruises. We will be offering an Ozcruising credit for 100% of your cruise including port fees and taxes, this will be available for you for up to 24 months from your original cruise date.  We wish to reassure you that if your credit cannot be used within this period it will be refunded in full however may take 6 months onwards after request.

We apologise for any disappointment this change may cause and we appreciate your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time in our nation’s history.

Mostly, make sure you also stay safe and reach out with any questions or concerns you have. Our response times may be significantly higher but our team remains committed to providing our clients with our assistance during these challenging  times.

Kind regards

Option B – For passengers not opting for a future cruise credit with Princess Cruises. We will be offering an Ozcruising credit for 100% of your cruise including port fees and taxes, this will be available for you for up to 24 months from your original cruise date.  We wish to reassure you that if your credit cannot be used within this period it will be refunded in full however may take 6 months onwards after request. 

S does that mean you CAN'T get a cash refund now? You can only get a refund after 24 months if you don't use the credit? What if Ozcruising goes broke?  Curiouser and curiouser.

9 minutes ago, nnps said:

S does that mean you CAN'T get a cash refund now? You can only get a refund after 24 months if you don't use the credit? What if Ozcruising goes broke?  Curiouser and curiouser.

No, you can chose whether you want to have a 24 month FCC with OZ or apply for refund, which could take 3 - 6 months to come back. 

We also received a notification from Princess, outlining the same process, but to apply to OZ for a refund. 

6 minutes ago, dizzy1948 said:

No, you can chose whether you want to have a 24 month FCC with OZ or apply for refund, which could take 3 - 6 months to come back. 

We also received a notification from Princess, outlining the same process, but to apply to OZ for a refund. 

I would take a FCC with Princess rather than hope Oz will still be in business in six months' time to give me a refund. I think it is more likely that Princess will survive this challenging time.

17 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

I would take a FCC with Princess rather than hope Oz will still be in business in six months' time to give me a refund. I think it is more likely that Princess will survive this challenging time.

It's a difficult one. We're going to discuss over the weekend. I have acknowledged their email, got a delivery receipt, so will contact them on Monday. The FCC from Princess takes us through to December 2021, so we will mull it over. 

We were booked through an agency, as we wanted the refund we were told to click onto the link on the Princess cruise cancellation email which we received, it took us to the official Princess cancellation page.....filled in the details and Princess  emailed back our booking refund request receipt.   Our agency unlike the one stated above did not offer to HOLD our money....I would not be best pleased had they done so..... question why did they not offer Option B = refund in the same wording as the official Princess notification....😮

48 minutes ago, badgerbill said:

We were booked through an agency, as we wanted the refund we were told to click onto the link on the Princess cruise cancellation email which we received, it took us to the official Princess cancellation page.....filled in the details and Princess  emailed back our booking refund request receipt.   Our agency unlike the one stated above did not offer to HOLD our money....I would not be best pleased had they done so..... question why did they not offer Option B = refund in the same wording as the official Princess notification....😮

Princess refund request form we have, refers to airfares/hotels expenses claim, which we don't require. It then directs back to the agent. On the agent form is the option to claim 100% of payment as a refund. They also offer the Princess option for FCC and their own FCC which goes out to 24 months. Some agents out there are asking/deducting cancellation fees!!!!!!!!! Ours is only a 3 day cruise, so we may take Princess option of FCC. It was a bargain at the time - sort of makes you think about the old saying: "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is/isn't" lol 😉. We aren't going to stress it, what will be will be. There are people out there with a damn sight more invested in a cruise than us. 

Edited by dizzy1948

On 3/31/2020 at 7:13 PM, SeaDays4Us said:

Thanks everyone for your input.

I will contact Princess tomorrow and I’ll post the result.

I didn’t contact Princess personally, but my TA did. Apparently we both have to have the same option........in the mean time we both have decided on a 100% refund.

We have been quoted $300 ea cancellation fee. The TA charges $300 for international travel, $50 for domestic travel....but this cruise was a domestic cruise.. Perth return. Was going to Geraldton, Exmouth, Broome. So why $300. Waiting on a reply from my TA.

17 hours ago, SeaDays4Us said:

I didn’t contact Princess personally, but my TA did. Apparently we both have to have the same option........in the mean time we both have decided on a 100% refund.

We have been quoted $300 ea cancellation fee. The TA charges $300 for international travel, $50 for domestic travel....but this cruise was a domestic cruise.. Perth return. Was going to Geraldton, Exmouth, Broome. So why $300. Waiting on a reply from my TA.

A cancellation fee of any kind is a bit rich!!!!!!!!!! I have read on another post somewhere on here, of someone else being charged a cancellation fee. 

Let us know how you go with your TA. Any clues as to who that is - subtle clue? 😉😜

Edited by dizzy1948

I wonder how the cancelation fee is calculated. Is it the same for all? I mean 8-10% cancelation fee seems a bit too much to me. I think it should depend on the time you cancel. If its like a week before the cruise, 300$ is not even that much, but if you cancel a few months prior to the cruise, it should be like 100$ or something.I never faced it but I think this bothers many cruise lovers. People as always want to keep their cash safe. I also sure that insurance has nothing to do with such cancelation fees.. so it wont help you either 

1 hour ago, Roger88 said:

I wonder how the cancelation fee is calculated. Is it the same for all? I mean 8-10% cancelation fee seems a bit too much to me. I think it should depend on the time you cancel. If its like a week before the cruise, 300$ is not even that much, but if you cancel a few months prior to the cruise, it should be like 100$ or something.I never faced it but I think this bothers many cruise lovers. People as always want to keep their cash safe. I also sure that insurance has nothing to do with such cancelation fees.. so it wont help you either 

It's all a little tricky I suppose. It's the cruise lines that are cancelling, that knocks on to the TA - then the client. I personally feel that as it isn't the clients fault, there should be no cancellation fee at all. That should be between the TA and cruise line. Who knows which way they will go. Got a similar thing happening at the moment, though no cancellation fees involved. We are patiently (impatiently really 😜) waiting for the magic correspondence to come through. I get delivery receipts for my emails, but no read receipts!!!!!! I digressed, sorry - but no, there shouldn't be cancellation fees IMHO