Loyal To Royal???

JDGGG

1 minute ago, JDGGG said:

Yeah I'm sure I'll be back on a cruise at some point. I just wish Royal was a bit more flexible. These are unprecedented times and certain policies can and should be relaxed. 

Assuming you are an employee, would you be OK with your employer delaying your pay for X days/weeks/months?  After all, these are unprecedented times.

I feel that RCCl is being a bit cold as well. On 3/11/20, we cancelled a 4/5/20 cruise on Oasis under the Cruise with Confidence Policy. Our big box TA told us we would get FCCs for the cruise cost.  We were refunded taxes via our credit card.  We are still waiting for a FCC.  In the interim, we booked at 6/7/20 cruise (thinking that the FCCs would offset this cost).  The first thing RCCL wanted was a $750 deposit.  If I "applied" my FCC to the cruise, I would have been overpaying at that point.  They assured me I would get the difference back via a credit card refund once the FCCS were applied.

I have called daily to see where this FCC is because the final payment date was approaching and I did not want to pay more out of pocket.  I waited for hours on the phone. I was told random things between the FCC were coming "soon" to "they will take 30 days".  Never a straight answer.  Today was the final payment deadline.  I called and asked what my options were (because I'm still waiting for FCC).  They said at this point, I needed to come up with 50% of the cruise cost, which is what the penalty would be under their guidelines.  What???  So, now I have paid over $2,400 for the 6/7/20 cruise out of pocket.  RCCL did extend the deadline for 7 more days.  I am hedging that my FCC come in by then, I pay the balance of the cruise with them, and I get refunded the overage via my credit card. In terms of customer service, the experience has been horrible.

I am truly hoping that the 6/7/20 cruise gets cancelled and get ALL the money back via my credit card.  Am I missing something? Is that how this will work?

I feel for the OP, but I also understand guidelines. I am frustrated by the lack of transparency with RCCL during this confusing time. I feel like they have the front line folks triaging these calls and they really don't know what to say (even the "supervisors").

6 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Don't book with non- refundalble deposits.

That was your first mistake....

Not many but with few my Cruises booked can be high as $800-1100 more then Non-refundable as a Cruise Solo. Few more lately were still as much or more then actual deposit. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Another_Critic said:

Assuming you are an employee, would you be OK with your employer delaying your pay for X days/weeks/months?  After all, these are unprecedented times.

Assuming you are an employee, do you get paid X days/weeks/months before you perform your work? If you are an employer, do you pay your workers 90 days out? 

I think a lot of employees will just be happy to have a job to go back to when things calm down. How many did Macy's just say goodbye to?

14 hours ago, JDGGG said:

Yeah I started this thread out of frustration. Not sure why they won't refund. Amex did the right thing and already credited my account. They can fight it out with Royal. 

So when Amex follows their company policy they did the right thing, but when RCI follows their company policy you are not being treated properly??? I would be very surprised if Amex doesn’t put the charge back on your account after contacting RCI. 

11 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

So when Amex follows their company policy they did the right thing, but when RCI follows their company policy you are not being treated properly??? I would be very surprised if Amex doesn’t put the charge back on your account after contacting RCI. 

First of all, RCI isn't really following its policies, it is creating all kinds of variations. Secondly, some of their draconian policies work well for them when times are good. But when times are not so good the ill will those policies create could end up biting them in the a$$.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

First of all, RCI isn't really following its policies, it is creating all kinds of variations. Secondly, some of their draconian policies work well for them when times are good. But when times are not so good the ill will those policies create could end up biting them in the a$$.

No doubt that the policy will come back to bite them in the a$$ however this policy has not changed and was in place at the time they booked so is really not a credit card issue.  The one thing that I have found over the past few weeks in dealing with them is that they are not yielding on the policies that they have set in place.  Good or bad it does ensure that every customer is treated the same and that there aren't inequities happening because you called and got supervisor A vs someone who talked to supervisor B.  They are in full blown damage control and they are not trying to please everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

At long last, can people be for the individual and expect that the corporations will finally help the little guy?  Why should this BS be allowed to continue?  It is this type of treatment, that kept me from going on Royal last year and hope they go bankrupt.  At a time when American's are struggling, this is how they are treated?  Who cares what their self serving contract says?  Screw them, NO bailout money, no Florida ports, "back to Liberia", perhaps that's their golden market. 

The individual should count, the 70's & 80's were better, for this reason.  Perhaps is three large companies, did not control 80% of this industry, competition would force about, consumer friendly changes?