Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
tennboy1981

Future Cruise Credit

Recommended Posts

Yesterday I applied for the FCC and OBC through the form link they sent me on my email.  I also decided to put down a deposit on another cruise.  Do I have to wait for Carnival to Email me before I request my FCC to be applied to the new booking?  Or can I request it right away?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

Yesterday I applied for the FCC and OBC through the form link they sent me on my email.  I also decided to put down a deposit on another cruise.  Do I have to wait for Carnival to Email me before I request my FCC to be applied to the new booking?  Or can I request it right away?


I also filled out the form and sent it in.  But I read a recommendation on CC to call, so I did.  I was able to give the agent my old booking  number and my new booking number.  She transferred the money I paid to the new booking, along with adding the $600 on board credit.  She did it all in about 20 minutes and followed up with an email confirmation within minutes.

Edited by TNcruising02

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:


I also filled out the form and sent it in.  But I read a recommendation on CC to call, so I did.  I was able to give the agent my old booking  number and my new booking number.  She transferred everything to the new booking, along with adding the $600 on board credit.  She did it all in about 20 minutes and followed up with an email confirmation within minutes.

I heard their hold times are ridiculous, and I am not a patient person.  I have until May to make my final payment, I was hoping I could do all this without hogging up their phone lines and waiting on hold for hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I booked a new cruise on a 48 hour hold.  Called Carnival last night.  The agent switched me over to the new cruise.  I didn't have to pay any deposits.  In fact, my new room, Havana Interior was $ 90 cheaper than my old Ocean View Deluxe room.  

 

I received a $ 90 credit to be refunded to me.  

 

Also got the $ 600 on board credit.  In total took about 35 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, tennboy1981 said:

I heard their hold times are ridiculous, and I am not a patient person.  I have until May to make my final payment, I was hoping I could do all this without hogging up their phone lines and waiting on hold for hours.


I felt the same way about calling, but I called yesterday later in the day and was on hold for only ten minutes.  It was shocking how quickly I was able to get this done.  I hate calling, but I'm glad I did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I am on hold for a second time.  Spent an hour on hold and had a woman answer who clearly has absolutely no idea what she is doing.  I told her I want to transfer my cruise credit to the new reservation and she seems like she has absolutely NO idea what she is doing.  Keeps telling me to hold "umm hmmm uhhh ummmm" as I sit there.  She tells me "what are you trying to do because i see your april 11th booking isnt cancelled".  WHAT?  I told her that how can she not know its not cancelled? Its all over the internet and they sent out emails yesterday?  She puts me on hold again, and i just hung up.  That was a waste of an hour!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:


I felt the same way about calling, but I called yesterday later in the day and was on hold for only ten minutes.  It was shocking how quickly I was able to get this done.  I hate calling, but I'm glad I did.

Well you must have lucked out because I am on hold a second time after spending an hour on hold and got someone who had absolutely no clue what she was doing.  Sounded like she was just fiddling around on the computer going "uhh ummm uhhh" while I wait.  Then tells me that my april 11th cruise wasn't canceled.  Like how can you work for the company and NOT know they have just cancelled cruises yesterday??  She put me on hold, clearly not planning on returning to help me so I hung up. Now my old reservation is somehow missing from my account.  I am not on hold again for round 2.  This person better know what they are doing or they are getting an ear-full.  I know they are getting a lot of calls but these people should at the very least know what they are doing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tennboy1981 said:

Well you must have lucked out because I am on hold a second time after spending an hour on hold and got someone who had absolutely no clue what she was doing.  Sounded like she was just fiddling around on the computer going "uhh ummm uhhh" while I wait.  Then tells me that my april 11th cruise wasn't canceled.  Like how can you work for the company and NOT know they have just cancelled cruises yesterday??  She put me on hold, clearly not planning on returning to help me so I hung up. Now my old reservation is somehow missing from my account.  I am not on hold again for round 2.  This person better know what they are doing or they are getting an ear-full.  I know they are getting a lot of calls but these people should at the very least know what they are doing.


Wow, I do feel like I got lucky.  Anyone working for Carnival who has no clue that the April cruises have been cancelled should be fired.  I hope you have better luck on your second try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


Wow, I do feel like I got lucky.  Anyone working for Carnival who has no clue that the April cruises have been cancelled should be fired.  I hope you have better luck on your second try.

I agree, they should be!  Now i feel like I have to call because I am afraid whoever I spoke to before screwed something up!  Totally aggravated right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, tennboy1981 said:

I agree, they should be!  Now i feel like I have to call because I am afraid whoever I spoke to before screwed something up!  Totally aggravated right now.


I would be aggravated too.  The lady I spoke with made it seem like such a simple process.  She changed everything one step at a time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Definitely try to call later in the day.  I called last night about 6:30 (California time) and my call was answered immediately.  I was shocked especially after reading all the horror stories about 2 hour wait times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:


I would be aggravated too.  The lady I spoke with made it seem like such a simple process.  She changed everything one step at a time.

Finally after all that, I am done, spent another hour on hold, and another 45 mins on hold for her to get it straightened out but its done!  Ugh!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's crazy that it took so long.  What a pain!  I'm glad someone was finally able to get it done. It should not have taken that long. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, tennboy1981 said:

Finally after all that, I am done, spent another hour on hold, and another 45 mins on hold for her to get it straightened out but its done!  Ugh!

 

I'm glad the hard part is over for you.  Now you can start a new countdown.  Happy sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am booked on the New York to London transatlantic June 3. I’m almost done feeling sorry for myself because this amazing 24 day journey is not going to happen. Here is my question:

 

My total cruise cost is significantly higher than if I rebook for virtually any 7-nighter.
 

1. Can I use the balance to cover a second stateroom for my kids so I’m not out of pocket? OR

2. Will the balance be refunded to me? OR

3. Can I save it for another cruise for just the two of us? OR

4. Will I just lose the balance?

 

i know everything is subject to change, but has any April cancellations included these options? TIA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our April Alaska cruise was cancelled.  We already had a Panama Canal Cruise (and a couple of others) booked.  I received an email, yesterday, and the balance of my Panama Canal cruise was paid off and the $600 credit was applied to the cruise.  There was about $200 left over from the Alaska cruise and it was applied to my January cruise.  

We had planned on booking a replacement Alaska cruise -- but this will work out fine for us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In choosing either the 100% Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit, or the 100% Refund, I chose the 100% Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit.

 

In later reading the fine print (*) it reads" FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port charges,...onboard charges or gratuities."  What can the FCC be used for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dgreeney said:

In choosing either the 100% Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit, or the 100% Refund, I chose the 100% Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit.

 

In later reading the fine print (*) it reads" FCC cannot be used for taxes, fees & port charges,...onboard charges or gratuities."  What can the FCC be used for?

Your base cruise rate. 😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jamman54 said:

Your base cruise rate. 😎

and use the OBc for excursions, gratuties , pictures

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

think of it like a partial payment for a cruise. If your current cruise fare is 2k and your next future cruise has a cruise fare of 3k, carnival will move that 2k from your previous cruise to your future cruise reducing the amount you have to pay for that cruise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the current cruise fare the cruise rate or  the cruise rate and Taxes, Fees, Port Expenses and Fuel Supplement, and Optional Charges (Insurance)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called into Carnival on Monday night and the process was easy.  Earlier in the day, I booked a new cruise and put it on a 24 hold.  Called Carnival gave them my old booking number and new booking number.  They moved the complete cruise cost over including the prepaid gratuities.  I should say this was on the 4-25 cancelled cruise.  Upgraded my room to a Havana inside on the new cruise and the total price was $90 less what I had already paid.  I will be issued a refund for the $ 90.00.  The only thing that was not moved over was my prepaid cruise cash and water I have delivered to my cabin.  I will be getting a refund for those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dallasdan said:

I called into Carnival on Monday night and the process was easy.  Earlier in the day, I booked a new cruise and put it on a 24 hold.  Called Carnival gave them my old booking number and new booking number.  They moved the complete cruise cost over including the prepaid gratuities.  I should say this was on the 4-25 cancelled cruise.  Upgraded my room to a Havana inside on the new cruise and the total price was $90 less what I had already paid.  I will be issued a refund for the $ 90.00.  The only thing that was not moved over was my prepaid cruise cash and water I have delivered to my cabin.  I will be getting a refund for those.

 

Thank you!  Yours is the answer that I was looking for.  This is the first time that I am in the position of having FCC and I had no idea what I could/could not do with it.  I just really needed someone to break it down for me like you did. 

 

I'm looking at a cruise later this year to rebook, and it turns out it will be less than our previously booked cruise, so much so that even though we upgraded it is still less.  I didn't know what would be done with the excess, I'd read many places that I would forfeit what was left over.

 

But with you actually going through the process and knowing you will get a refund of the excess is a relief.  So again, thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I understand correctly, part of your FCC was applied towards DSC on your newly booked cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...