Future Cruise Credit

tennboy1981

On 3/31/2020 at 11:52 AM, TNcruising02 said:

I also filled out the form and sent it in.  But I read a recommendation on CC to call, so I did.  I was able to give the agent my old booking  number and my new booking number.  She transferred the money I paid to the new booking, along with adding the $600 on board credit.  She did it all in about 20 minutes and followed up with an email confirmation within minutes.

I have a question for you. May 11 cruise got cancelled, booked another, have $325 OBC for the Sept cruise, plus the price was $250 less, all good. So now if the Sept cruise ends up cancelling will they transfer the $325 OBC to a new booking and give me even more OBC ? Thanks  Just wanted your thopughts

3 minutes ago, 48traveler said:

I have a question for you. May 11 cruise got cancelled, booked another, have $325 OBC for the Sept cruise, plus the price was $250 less, all good. So now if the Sept cruise ends up cancelling will they transfer the $325 OBC to a new booking and give me even more OBC ? Thanks  Just wanted your thopughts

My opinion is that if the September cruises are cancelled, they will make the same offer to give a FFC for the amount people actually paid and offer a $600 OBC (for 7 day cruises).  I do not think any of the OBCs offered to rebook will be accumulative.  I think the next offer will replace this one.

Edited by TNcruising02

1 minute ago, TNcruising02 said:

My opinion is that if the September cruises are cancelled, they will make the same offer to give a FFC for the amount people actually paid and offer a $600 OBC (for 7 day cruises).  I do not think any of the OBCs offered to rebook will be accumulative.  I think the next offer will replace this one.

That make sense to me as I guess it can't go on and on. I just hope this virus thing is gone with the wind soon and we can all be normal again. Thank you for the quick reply

• Like 1

What I am mainly foggy on is how the FCC can be used in terms of a replacement cruise. For example, if I paid $500 for a cruise amd CCL cancels it, am I just allowed to defer the trip and put what I already gave CCL towards it, or is CCL "rewarding" those with cancelled trips with a future cruise of their choosing? Am I able to select a later cruise that perhaps may be more expensive or longer than the cancelled one without additional cost?

Edited by a3593
Sp

I have read the thread and also called Carnival but the agent really didn't know the information I was asking for.  Hopefully someone here can help.  We are possibly booking a cruise for June knowing that there is a chance it could be cancelled.  When I book I have to pay the cruise in full.  If Carnival cancels, there will likely be a refund or FCC/OBC but if we cancel the pack and go rate, will we lose a portion of our payment?  We are in Canada and even if the cruise goes ahead, our government may still not let us travel.  Thanks for any help you can offer ~ Cat

4 minutes ago, Sugar67 said:

I have read the thread and also called Carnival but the agent really didn't know the information I was asking for.  Hopefully someone here can help.  We are possibly booking a cruise for June knowing that there is a chance it could be cancelled.  When I book I have to pay the cruise in full.  If Carnival cancels, there will likely be a refund or FCC/OBC but if we cancel the pack and go rate, will we lose a portion of our payment?  We are in Canada and even if the cruise goes ahead, our government may still not let us travel.  Thanks for any help you can offer ~ Cat

If Carnival cancels the cruise I would not think you would lose anything.  As far as Canada not letting you travel I would just make sure and have travel insurance

• Like 1

1 hour ago, a3593 said:

What I am mainly foggy on is how the FCC can be used in terms of a replacement cruise. For example, if I paid $500 for a cruise amd CCL cancels it, am I just allowed to defer the trip and put what I already gave CCL towards it, or is CCL "rewarding" those with cancelled trips with a future cruise of their choosing? Am I able to select a later cruise that perhaps may be more expensive or longer than the cancelled one without additional cost?

If you paid 400 for cruisefare and 100 for taxes and fees for a total of 500

100 is refunded and  100% fcc is given and you get obc offered, depending on length etc

The future credit is for exactly your cruise fare.

It would be nice to pick any future cruise no matter the price, but sadly no.

• Thanks 1