Refund delay Empress 2021

I cancelled my May 17 2021 Empress on March 21st.  Expecting redundable deposit of $750 to be returned. Given cancellation #s by TA and told refund in 3 to 5 business days.  Today the info changes and now Royal advising TA refund will take 4 to 6 weeks.  

Between this and the cxld 3/29 Freedom cruise worth $3750 (2 cabins)  they are holding a lot of my money til end April.  

I was supposed to sailing on grandeur this week.   i cancelled on Wed. 3/11 and was told 7 to 10 business days to process refund for port fees/taxes and excursions/dining/wifi packages.   To date I have Not received my refund to my amex card.   I called and after being on hold for a quite awhile the rep said he sees the credit but disbursement has not yet happened.   He said he placed 2nd request for credit to be issued and for me to give till end of this week and I should hopefully have refund by then.     to me almost sounded like someone needed to hit the "enter" button for refund on the computer.     I know they are busy and they are probably playing the floating money game but at the same time this is going to anger a lot of customers and not be good for future business.

I wonder if i called to book a cruise would it be 4 to 6 weeks to post to my credit card?  Somehow I doubt it and it makes me leery ...I will not feel comfortable until I get both of my refunds.  

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LINDAE3213 said:

I cancelled my May 17 2021 Empress on March 21st.  Expecting redundable deposit of $750 to be returned. Given cancellation #s by TA and told refund in 3 to 5 business days.  Today the info changes and now Royal advising TA refund will take 4 to 6 weeks.  

Between this and the cxld 3/29 Freedom cruise worth $3750 (2 cabins)  they are holding a lot of my money til end April.  

Welcome to the club

5 hours ago, lovcruzing said:

I cancelled my refundable deposit cruise on the Liberty for November on March 15th.  Still no refund.  Hoping it comes soon.  Still have to pay my credit card by April 14th.

Call you CC and let them know. I hear they are working with people and might just not change you the interest on it so you won’t have to pay that amount off.

let us know if they do.

On 4/1/2020 at 1:25 AM, Midwestgal said:

Call you CC and let them know. I hear they are working with people and might just not change you the interest on it so you won’t have to pay that amount off.

let us know if they do.

Better still call your CC company and ask them to charge RC the interest owed. Most CC are not charging penalties for missed payments and offering payment holidays, they are very unlikely to forgo interest charges.

The only way they will forgo interest charges is if you file a financial / hardship request with them and they will have to agree a repayment plan and freeze your credit card. {This will probably negatively affect your credit score}

I got really worried about the cruise industry as a whole and emailed my TA on the 15th to cancel a cruise we had set for next year. We were scheduled to be on the Liberty April of 2021 in two rooms for our kids' spring break. My TA canceled the cruise on the 16th for us and I think the refund hit my credit card on the 23rd. I actually contacted the credit card company (it was my RC Visa) and they sent us the $1000 credit as a check which I deposited the second I had it in my hands.

When I emailed my TA to let them know we got the refund (he'd asked me to do that), he said he was very happy for us as they, the TAs, are now being told that it could be as long as 90 days to receive refunds by some companies.

I am so relieved we managed to get a refund as I'm not working during this time. I truly hope that you all start receiving your refunds soon. It's horrible how many folks are asking for refunds (and have credit card bills that still need to be paid) and how few have been issued. I don't know why my refund went through when so many others have not.

I'm crossing my fingers for the rest of you to quickly get your funds.

1 minute ago, DaiC01 said:

Does RC Visa mean Royal Caribbean Visa? This would be so ironic. 

Yes. We've only used that card for our cruises on Royal so that we get the perks. I did not want a $1000 credit sitting on a card that we don't actually use for anything else, so I called and they, Visa, sent us a check. I deposited the check into our checking account (via mobile app, which is very handy while social distancing).

• Thanks 1