Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

4 hours ago, Grandma Cruising said:

It seems as if, in general, refunds from Azamara are coming more quickly now - maybe they’ve got their act together, with the obvious exception of some early cancellations like that of  Baynanno1.

By way of comparison, we were due to go to Greece on 6th June. We had an email from Jet2 a while ago that our flight there was cancelled and that we could change to a date next year, but that if we wanted a refund we should wait until they got in touch with us. We wanted a refund so did nothing. Today we had an email from them saying they were initiating a refund to our credit card and we could expect it within 28 days. We didn’t need to do anything - no online application, no telephone calls etc. So long as the money arrives within their timescale, this seems to be very good customer service.

We were due to holiday with Jet2 28 March and received the same email 16 March. Refund received 07 April without any contact from us. I hope you have the same result we did. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I hope you get it sorted soon because it does look like this one has fallen through the net. 

Phil 

Thanks Phil. ☺️

It feels as though everything cancelled after ours was piled on top and the early individual cancellations have been swamped by later month long suspensions of sailing. I really do hope it is resolved before the next month of suspensions hits, which must be very soon now.

@Hamwen3839 I hope your dilemma is sorted soon. It does look as if earlier individual cancellations were swamped by subsequent month long suspensions.

@Jimmycruiser I am pleased for you that you have been refunded for the cruise you cancelled, once again proving Host Jazzbeau's statement "There is no benefit to cancelling yourself; the deal is always better if you wait for the cruise line to cancel." to be fallacious.

@combine thanks again for your support. I don't think much in the way of refund has filtered down below the equator, judging by what I have seen on CC and a social media site.

@Ehg Lucky you! I am happy you will not be put through the same we are enduring. Thanks for your good wishes.

@Grandma Cruising Thank you!

@diverdan4265 Congratulations! Your date travels back closer to 17th March, also hopefully indicates we may receive the outstanding $$$$ owing for 28th March after receipt of FCC.

I live in hopeful anticipation that the bottom of the pile may be reached before the next round of suspensions is dumped on top again! 🙏

• Like 1

We requested refunds on 15 March for Quest 28 March cruise and  25 March for Quest 14 April cruise  booked directly through Azamara and received a full refund  for both cruises to our credit card this morning (60 days since first request).

3 hours ago, babyboomerxxx said:

We requested refunds on 15 March for Quest 28 March cruise and  25 March for Quest 14 April cruise  booked directly through Azamara and received a full refund  for both cruises to our credit card this morning (60 days since first request).

Glad to hear you have your refunds.

Maybe ours won't be too far behind???? 🤔

Blag, the evidence that refunds “are gaining a little momentum” is on this board.  Frustration for many remain, I acknowledge.

Baynanno 1, so sorry for your situation.  Let’s hope someone from Az (Bonnie?) is reading these posts and get you refunded as a matter of priority.  

Regards

• Like 2

I was on the April 5th Pursuit out of Miami and it was the first to be canceled.  As soon as the link was on Azamara website, I put in my request for a refund.  On May 2nd I received the ChoiceAir and taxes refund.  The cruise ticket was short $715.  I called them last Thursday and they had the total right but could not tell me where the $715 was.  I called today and it is coming but probably in 2 installments.  They only process refunds on Sunday night, so need to wait until next week to see.

@BBMacLaird Would you be so kind as to get an explanation of why there is such discrepancy in the manner in which refunds are being processed. I DO understand this has been an unprecedented event and the number of refunds has been overwhelming. I do NOT understand though - as is evidenced by reviewing the boards - the discrepancy in refund processing. Some people have refunds processed quickly and in a lump or 2 amounts. Others have multiple amounts being refunded over time. The date of the cruise and the date of refund request do not appear to correlate to the actual date of processing.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Phylhering said:

I was on the April 5th Pursuit out of Miami and it was the first to be canceled.  As soon as the link was on Azamara website, I put in my request for a refund.  On May 2nd I received the ChoiceAir and taxes refund.  The cruise ticket was short $715.  I called them last Thursday and they had the total right but could not tell me where the $715 was.  I called today and it is coming but probably in 2 installments.  They only process refunds on Sunday night, so need to wait until next week to see.

I think our cruise 24 March from Sydney on the Journey was the second to be cancelled and Baynanno1 cruise  17 March was the first to be cancelled .From what I can see from the posts we both applied immediately for refunds are have received nothing yet. That  is what is most frustrating .

• Like 1

We were booked on the March 28 Quest sailing Dubai to Athens.  We received our "Indulgence Package" refund on May 9, and the full refund of our cruise fare on May 12.  Under the circumstances, I think Azamara did a commendable job.  We placed one call to cancel our cruise, and received our refund without any further contact with Azamara.

We accepted the FCC for the second leg of our B2B, and look forward to sailing again with Azamara!

7 hours ago, Phylhering said:

They only process refunds on Sunday night, so need to wait until next week to see.

What?

Why?

(You probably don't know the answers to those questions, but I felt compelled to ask) 

My mum is still waiting for refund... for cruise cancelled  24th March.....

It was booked though a TA here in Australia

But she did get a refund last week for her booked off ship tours.....

So finger crossed.........   could be soon......

It was a bit a shame as this was going to be her last cruise on her favorite line and she was looking so forward. ......as she is now 94 and her health is still good.... but she is not sure about next year....

Cheers Don 

• Like 1

IAzamara cancelled my B2B cruises, dates 21st May and 26th May this year.

i requested a full refund through my TA on 17th April.

Was very surprised when I checked my account this morning to find that they had refunded 2 payments .

There doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason for the random amounts though.

They only make up about a quarter of the total amount I paid .

However it does confirm that more refunds are being made and hopefully it won’t be long until I receive a total refund.

I really hope that everyone who is waiting for refunds/FCCs receive them soon. I cannot understand Azamaras refund procedure at all .

Also I would like to add, that I have not received one single email from Azamara regarding cancellation of my cruises or confirmation of my refund requests.

My TA did not contact me either, because they were apparently told Azamara would contact all those affected directly.

I only found out they were cancelled by reading this forum .

mind you , I still received marketing emails from Azamara .

We were on the “extended” March 2 South America cruise on the Pursuit, arriving home on March 30. When the issues began with Chile and Peru closing their ports, we had been told we would receive 50% of our cruise cost as a FCC and 50% as a credit to our form of payment. On April 5 we received what I believe was the balance of the OBC we had; on April 17 we received our FCC emails/certificates; on May 2 we received what I believe was the unused port fees; and this morning the 50% refund appeared on our credit card account.

I am in the United States. Neither my travel agent or I had contacted Azamara regarding any of the credits.

• Like 2

Yup, we just got ours today too, Jerry! I frankly wasn’t in any big hurry for the money - not all of us have the bourbon habit that you have. [emoji851]

We were on the “extended” March 2 South America cruise on the Pursuit, arriving home on March 30. When the issues began with Chile and Peru closing their ports, we had been told we would receive 50% of our cruise cost as a FCC and 50% as a credit to our form of payment. On April 5 we received what I believe was the balance of the OBC we had; on April 17 we received our FCC emails/certificates; on May 2 we received what I believe was the unused port fees; and this morning the 50% refund appeared on our credit card account.
I am in the United States. Neither my travel agent or I had contacted Azamara regarding any of the credits.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Haha 1

We were booked on April 5 Pursuit. We are in the US and booked direct with Azamara. I requested a refund on March 15. At that time, I was told we would have our refund by April 30.

On May 6, we received refund of port taxes.

TODAY! (5/15 finally), we received refund of cruise fare paid.

I was told the trip protection ($318) will be processed this Sunday and should show up on my card within 10 days.

Honestly, my patience was wearing thin so I'm happy this finally came through. I hope others start seeing their refunds soon as I know it gets frustrating after a while.

We received our refund for our cancelled June 8 cruise today.

Less than 1 month after we asked our agent to get the refund.

Excellent and  efficient  service from Azamara as usual !!!

(....and before anyone ask. Yup, I am in Norway and our agent is in the US ;-))

• Like 1

We are part of the Quest 17th March saga, but for us it’s not just the delays in providing the refund it’s the lies and disrespect we are being shown. We have been in regular contact with Azamara UK customer service (based in the US) four weeks ago we were told the refund was being actioned, 2 weeks later when we had still not received it we were told that it was a problem with the banks but now resolved. However a week later and still nothing we email again but received no reply, so now we keep emailing but are being totally ignored. 
We have a substantial balance to pay for two October cruises that probably won’t happen but if we provided the same excuses to Azamara I’m sure they would not be as understanding as they expect us to be.

All we are asking is for Azamara to communicate with us and provide good information not lies and false promises.

• Like 4

We have not got anything back for the 21 and 26 May cruises unlike gonecroozin (it would only be the taxes) - we cannot finalise whether we are opting for refund or future credit yet despite the deadline being next week as the question about ABTA bonding remains unanswered.  Looks like the UK team, which we were told was in the UK on the ABTA thread,  is struggling to give support whether it is in the  UK or USA.

Hope it picks up

Edited by uktog

11 minutes ago, uktog said:

We have not got anything back for the 21 and 26 May cruises unlike gonecroozin (it would only be the taxes) - we cannot finalise whether we are opting for refund or future credit yet despite the deadline being next week as the question about ABTA bonding remains unanswered.  Looks like the UK team, which we were told was in the UK on the ABTA thread,  is struggling to give support whether it is in the  UK or USA.

Hope it picks up

There seems to be total confusion as regards future credits, even when Which investigated they could not get a straight answer:  https://www.which.co.uk/news/2020/05/should-i-accept-a-holiday-company-or-airline-voucher-do-i-have-to/

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Rabo said:

Yes, we got our 50% refund today too.  

5 hours ago, I-Cruiser said:

We received our refund for our cancelled June 8 cruise today.

Less than 1 month after we asked our agent to get the refund.

Excellent and  efficient  service from Azamara as usual !!!

(....and before anyone ask. Yup, I am in Norway and our agent is in the US ;-))

Happy for you, I-cruiser! I am getting nothing but excuses from my TA

3 hours ago, Riocca said:

We are part of the Quest 17th March saga, but for us it’s not just the delays in providing the refund it’s the lies and disrespect we are being shown. We have been in regular contact with Azamara UK customer service (based in the US) four weeks ago we were told the refund was being actioned, 2 weeks later when we had still not received it we were told that it was a problem with the banks but now resolved. However a week later and still nothing we email again but received no reply, so now we keep emailing but are being totally ignored. 
We have a substantial balance to pay for two October cruises that probably won’t happen but if we provided the same excuses to Azamara I’m sure they would not be as understanding as they expect us to be.

All we are asking is for Azamara to communicate with us and provide good information not lies and false promises.

Riocca, like you we are still waiting, 67 days since cancellation . . . a little less patiently day by day as we see more and more later cancellations of later cruises being refunded!

And don't get me started on the very rapid refunds of cruises cancelled by the cruiser . . . as posted on the Forum, between 5 days and 3 weeks!!