Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

This is a follow up to my previous post. I just received the refund for my first cruise (Auckland to Sydney - March 9th). I had already received the refund for my second cruise (Sydney to Singapore - March 24th) about 10 days earlier. I have received 100% refund for the second cruise and 75% refund for the first cruise (cancelled mid-cruise) and 50% future cruise credit for the first cruise. Since the first cruise was cancelled around March 17th  (we disembarked March 19th), it took around 60 days to get my refunds. It seems like my first cruise was lost in the shuffle. I don't now that I ever would have gotten a refund without contacting Azamara.

I was very happy with my recent contact with support people in Wichita, Kansas. I have included their phone number below. Maybe they can help some of you getting answers. 

Azamara
Wichita, Kansas Sales and Service Center
US: 877-222-2526

• Like 1

Florida Lady from South Florida posted about 8 hours ago in the 17th March Roll Call she has been fully refunded.

Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us waiting for that cruise to be refunded. 🤔

4 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

Florida Lady from South Florida posted about 8 hours ago in the 17th March Roll Call she has been fully refunded.

Perhaps there is a light at the end of the tunnel for the rest of us waiting for that cruise to be refunded. 🤔

I hope so, it’s getting really frustrating waiting for my refund, Azamara are so quick to take our money and soooo slow to refund.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2020 at 5:40 PM, Phylhering said:

I was on the April 5th Pursuit out of Miami and it was the first to be canceled.  As soon as the link was on Azamara website, I put in my request for a refund.  On May 2nd I received the ChoiceAir and taxes refund.  The cruise ticket was short $715.  I called them last Thursday and they had the total right but could not tell me where the $715 was.  I called today and it is coming but probably in 2 installments.  They only process refunds on Sunday night, so need to wait until next week to see.

My refund amount is also short. On May 9, I received three refund transactions on my credit card for my April 26 cruise. (I didn't have any air, extras or prepaid items.) However, the total refund is short $414. Since you said they process refunds only on Sundays, I will wait to see if there is an additional credit this Sunday. Hope it's there, so I don't have to call.

I am astounded and now somewhat embarrassed to post that overnight I received my full balance in three separate amounts to the exact £ for our  8 June cruise cancelled by Azamara. I requested cash refund on 17 April. As before I do not wish to add to the angst of those still waiting but  it does show that refunds are beginning to get a move on at a fair pace and disputes the idea previously mentioned that they only process refunds on a Sunday.

I am sorry it is  not the news that @Baynanno1 or @Riocca would want to read at all, but this information and those of other posters may help with their cause when communicating with either their Travel Agents or Azamara direct. 

As an aside when I contacted my credit card company and requested the credit balance now sitting on  my card account to  be transferred to my bank account,  they quoted a time of 10-14 days, so it’s still not mine just yet! 

Hoping that positive news comes to those who cruise dates were in March.🤞

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I presume those who are now receiving refunds to their credit cards booked direct with Azamara ?  Our deposit was direct to Azamara for our June 4th B2B although this was actually paid as an on board booking by a good friend to get maximum benefits. The booking was then transferred to a TA.  The balance being paid to our TA on a debit card.  

I wonder who will be refunded and how ?  My TA, my friend, or me ?

15 minutes ago, combine said:

I am astounded and now somewhat embarrassed to post that overnight I received my full balance in three separate amounts to the exact £ for our  8 June cruise cancelled by Azamara. I requested cash refund on 17 April. As before I do not wish to add to the angst of those still waiting but  it does show that refunds are beginning to get a move on at a fair pace and disputes the idea previously mentioned that they only process refunds on a Sunday.

I am sorry it is  not the news that @Baynanno1 or @Riocca would want to read at all, but this information and those of other posters may help with their cause when communicating with either their Travel Agents or Azamara direct. 

As an aside when I contacted my credit card company and requested the credit balance now sitting on  my card account to  be transferred to my bank account,  they quoted a time of 10-14 days, so it’s still not mine just yet! 

That's good to hear Lynda. I had similar experience with the credit balance sitting on my Amex credit card, but once I knew at least I had the money then was happy to exercise a bit more patience. 

Phil 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mrs Miggins said:

I presume those who are now receiving refunds to their credit cards booked direct with Azamara ?  Our deposit was direct to Azamara for our June 4th B2B although this was actually paid as an on board booking by a good friend to get maximum benefits. The booking was then transferred to a TA.  The balance being paid to our TA on a debit card.  

I wonder who will be refunded and how ?  My TA, my friend, or me ?

Both our cruises were booked through our Travel Agent. The second one booked whilst  onboard , deposit paid on board but then transferred. In all communication it states ‘refunds will be made to your original payment method’ . In our case we gave our credit card details to our TA and RCI took payment, so that  may be classed as direct?  although we could only deal with TA.

Has anyone who has not yet asked for a cash refund for cruises on 21 and 26 May received any refund of their port charges which I believe comes separately and is not included in the FCC?

And my second question, for those booked through a UK company,  is refund entry on your credit card showing it came from the agent or the cruiseline?  Thanks 

18 minutes ago, uktog said:

And my second question, for those booked through a UK company,  is refund entry on your credit card showing it came from the agent or the cruiseline?  Thanks 

Anne it says Royal Caribbean Miami on my credit card. Seems to have bypassed the Travel Agent.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, combine said:

Anne it says Royal Caribbean Miami on my credit card. Seems to have bypassed the Travel Agent.

Thanks, I’m keeping a watch out

38 minutes ago, Jules of The Seas said:

UKTog, 
My Credit card refund said Celebrity cruises, Paris and came in two payments,

cruise price and port taxes. Cruise was 5th April Pursuit.

Thats interesting that refunds are coming from different places.

Edited by combine

Checked the cards, nothing for us for the 21/26 May and 4 June cancellation but I wonder if it is pending as our agent keeps saying we have to tell them whether we want a refund or future cruise credit before anything can happen (which we cannot pending Azamara definitively answering the ABTA question).  The Agents statement contradicts what the email from Azamara said when they cancelled the cruise (aka that if we did nothing an FCC would be issued on 22 May and that we could flip it onto cash up to December).  Time will tell what happens next week 🙂 

1 hour ago, uktog said:

agent keeps saying we have to tell them whether we want a refund or future cruise credit before anything can happen

Based on current performance, I reckon there is little or no chance of Azamara answering the ABTA question. Equally, the chances of receiving separate 100% +25% FCC's seems to be infinitesimal to zero.

Therefore, if your refund is imminent, it seems sensible (to me at least) to make hay while the sun shines, a bird in the hand, stop flogging the dead… etc. and go for the refund.

Equally, since ABTA intervenes in cases of insolvency, if you have doubts about Azamara's survival. If however you're, confident that Azamara will be able to honour all its obligations, then don't hesitate, go for the enticing bonus! 

I am reconciled to going for a refund when Azamara (or its master) eventually gets round to announcing the next unlikely date for resumption, because I, for one, am unimpressed as to how Azamara (for whatever reasons) are handling the whole crisis. 

The refunds I have received so far have come from Celebrity Cruises.

I assumed they were maybe refunding by the date of the cruise, but if so the first leg of my B2B would still be £98 short ,  So really I have no idea as to how that works out .

its all very confusing and gives little insight as to their process .

On April 30th I posted that I received my refund for the cancelled March 28th Quest sailing.  The refund was credited to my credit card on April 26th, (but didn't show up until April 28th).  The cruise was cancelled on March 13th.  My TA requested a refund on March 16th.  The refund was for the full amount, except for my TA's commission.  She said that refund will take two more weeks.   I haven't received it.  Today I received the following Azamara letter from my travel agent;

Dear Travel Partner,

We hope that amidst this global pandemic, you and your clients continue to remain healthy and safe. We can't wait to be back on the high seas and we're optimistic that each day that passes, is another day closer to getting back to our regular day-to-day.

We have recently been made aware that your clients received their refund, but it wasn't for the full amount. We're terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused - all hands are on deck working as quickly as possible to correct this. Please advise your clients that they can expect to see the remaining funds by May 31st, 2020.

Thank you for your continued support and partnership during these challenging times. We hope to welcome your clients onboard very soon.

Sincerely,

Nils Lindstad

Associate Vice President, Sales & Trade Support

Azamara

I hadn't bothered to check since the refund for our June 11 cruise was going to my husband's credit card.   Just looked now and see that it was posted on May 13.    We requested in on April 17.

On 5/14/2020 at 12:20 PM, babyboomerxxx said:

We requested refunds on 15 March for Quest 28 March cruise and  25 March for Quest 14 April cruise  booked directly through Azamara and received a full refund  for both cruises to our credit card this morning (60 days since first request).

Babyboomer, these are the 2 cruises we were booked on and bookings were made through our TA.  So pleased that you have got your refund.  We waited to request a refund after the 2nd cruise was cancelled by Azamara as advised by our TA who said they would pay them out together.  The request for refund was made on 25 March, the same day you requested a refund for your 2nd cruise.  Our TA was told that the refund would take between 10 days and 6 weeks at that stage.  We have since been told in an email from Azamara that refunds could take up to 45 days.  All deadlines have well and truly passed!  Unfortunately we have not yet had anything refunded.  😪  It is very frustrating to see that many of the cruises that are in the distant future have been refunded, yet not ones that should have gone to sea several weeks ago have not!  Not a good look Azamara. 🤡

• Like 1

18 hours ago, combine said:

Thanks again for voicing your support! It has helped to calm me over recent days.

☺️ Pleased to announce that we have also received (most of) the money owed for the 17th March cruise, ☺️

It arrived on our credit card from Royal Caribbean, Miami, also apparently bypassing our TA.

Hopefully will sort the missing bit for 17th march and ports etc for 28th March before too much longer.

• Like 6

On 5/11/2020 at 9:47 AM, Baynanno1 said:

You are quite right that it is not easy being patient, especially seeing day by day others whose cruises were later cancellations and indeed many who have cancelled their own much later cruises being paid out!

We elected FCC for that cruise and it arrived a month after cancellation 14th April, but still no $$ for fees, ports & taxes which are considerable due to going through the Suez Canal.

Nor have we received the 100% cash refund owing for the cruise before that one which was cancelled several days earlier, now over 60 days ago.

Our Azamara Journey cruise of 24 March was cancelled by Azamara on about the 12th March I think and we applied for a refund on 13 March. Nothing received yet although we can see later cancelled cruise being refunded. we went through a Travel Agent and she says she is keeping an eye on things but I suspect she gets less information than we do. Not sure how much longer to wait before we escalate matters.

So happy to hear you have received your refund Baynanno1 for your earlier cruise.That gives us more hope now that we will soon be refunded for the 24 March cruise.We booked and paid through our T.A.  and she seemed to be of the view that as we were apparently part of a “group rate” we would have to wait up to 12 weeks!!!