Azamara refund problems (merged)

larhode

1 hour ago, hrhdhd said:

I usually use the "I want to earn interest on my own money" argument, but these days, my accounts are also interest-free. 😉

As are a great majority around the world!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hrhdhd said:

I usually use the "I want to earn interest on my own money" argument, but these days, my accounts are also interest-free. 😉

1 hour ago, Baynanno1 said:

As are a great majority around the world!

Except the countries that have negative interest rates – people in those countries should be glad to let the cruise lines keep their money for future use, at least that's at the sky-high rate of 0% !!!

• Like 1

I received and email showing what the crew were up to while not cruising......cooking ,singing and taking flying lessons  ...this is my reply 

Dear Azamara customer service

Thank you for your email might I suggest that these crew members would be more helpful in processing refunds for the cruises that were cancelled.
Our cruise from Singapore to Dubai was cancelled  In the middle of March and  as yet no refund or any communication which is very poor customer service
Please advise on our refund and perhaps train your unemployed staff  to assists with this.

11 minutes ago, Madam33b said:

I received and email showing what the crew were up to while not cruising......cooking ,singing and taking flying lessons  ...this is my reply 

Thank you for your email might I suggest that these crew members would be more helpful in processing refunds for the cruises that were cancelled.
Our cruise from Singapore to Dubai was cancelled  In the middle of March and  as yet no refund or any communication which is very poor customer service
Please advise on our refund and perhaps train your unemployed staff  to assists with this.

It’s sad when people have to make posts like this but their frustration is understandable. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Kcbates said:

Good news

After sending a 3rd email to Azamara, and posting our experience on this helpful discussion group, we have received a full refund.  The refund came in 3 random amounts, but they do total all funds paid.  Thank you for sharing your stories.  Hopeful everyone received their refunds and we can get cruising again real soon.

I have sent over 30 emails to Azamara, called over 10 times, wrote to former President Larry, contacted almost every level of management and been very vocal on these forums and unhappy to say my March 17th Cruise cancelled on us on March 10 remains unpaid. I was also promised compensation on a flight cancellation which remains unpaid. Azamara no longer replies to my emails. My next step is to file a claim in court. My question is: in which jurisdiction is this filed in?

11 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

I have sent over 30 emails to Azamara, called over 10 times, wrote to former President Larry, contacted almost every level of management and been very vocal on these forums and unhappy to say my March 17th Cruise cancelled on us on March 10 remains unpaid. I was also promised compensation on a flight cancellation which remains unpaid. Azamara no longer replies to my emails. My next step is to file a claim in court. My question is: in which jurisdiction is this filed in?

More than likely Dade county Florida. Sure the specific answer is in the Ternn MN s and Conditions or Ticet Contract you can find on the web page. 

1 hour ago, rallydave said:

More than likely Dade county Florida. Sure the specific answer is in the Ternn MN s and Conditions or Ticet Contract you can find on the web page. 

Terms and conditions and Ticket contract are meaningless in this matter. I have a letter from Azamara offering a refund and I have not received a refund. It's a simple summary judgement.

2 minutes ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

Terms and conditions and Ticket contract are meaningless in this matter. I have a letter from Azamara offering a refund and I have not received a refund. It's a simple summary judgement.

Not meaningless as that is where you find the location to sue them and have agreed to sue them only in that location. 

you need a court for a summary judgement and the ticket contract and/or Ts & Cs spell out that courts location. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rallydave said:

Not meaningless as that is where you find the location to sue them and have agreed to sue them only in that location. 

you need a court for a summary judgement and the ticket contract and/or Ts & Cs spell out that courts location. 

Ok. Understand. Will check. Thanks

Time to Lwrup!

On 5/28/2020 at 7:11 AM, Madam33b said:

No actual refund only the money I paid for the indulgence package 

I have contacted Azamara and they told me to ring the travel agent

They  only have 3 boats can’t believe it has been 10 weeks since cancellations and I only heard about cancelation from another cruise member on our trip 

Needless to say should I ever cruise again it will be with Regent Crystal or Viking who have all given refunds 

Azamara will be last on my list

i would be interested to know who has received refunds from the Singapore to Dubai cruise

Hi,

I was booked on the same cruise.  I paid for my cruise fare and a choice air ticket.  No excursions were booked. 

I have received 5 separate refunds from Azamara, dribbled out over the weeks.  One of the amounts matched my deposit, another was for the port taxes, but the other three were very odd amounts, none of them made sense and when I add up all the credits so far, I am short by $275.

I guess I should be glad I got most of my money back, but this is really poor customer service.  I've given up trying to get any information out of them.  Nobody can explain the various amounts or why the full refund hasn't been issued.  

18 hours ago, Madam33b said:

At least you got an email from them.  I can't get them to respond to any of my inquiries.  Just total silence. 

16 hours ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

I would think Miami small claims court is a good place to file. 

It's been 3 weeks since Azamara canceled my cruise.  I have not received a refund. 
I have emailed them 3 times, they do not respond.  When I called them, the representative
just said they were backed up.   Sounded like a canned answer read off a script.  I understand
they have a lot of refunds to process, but 3 weeks?     Makes me wonder if they are going out of business.  

Has anyone else received their refund? 

I have been waiting for almost half my refund - they sent the first half at the end of April and said I would get the rest the following week. When it did not come, I called and was told it would come at the end of May. I received another payment of $450. I am still owed nearly $2k. They said some will come next week and the rest in a couple of weeks. Totally unacceptable. I think Azamara will be one of the lines that does not make it through the Pandemic since they have not been able to pay their customers. My sister on Celebrity had not problem getting her full refund within a month. I am going on 90 days. Glad I didn’t take FCC.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lisanord1 said:

I have been waiting for almost half my refund - they sent the first half at the end of April and said I would get the rest the following week. When it did not come, I called and was told it would come at the end of May. I received another payment of $450. I am still owed nearly $2k. They said some will come next week and the rest in a couple of weeks. Totally unacceptable. I think Azamara will be one of the lines that does not make it through the Pandemic since they have not been able to pay their customers. My sister on Celebrity had not problem getting her full refund within a month. I am going on 90 days. Glad I didn’t take FCC.

Azamara and Celebrity as both part of RCCL.  They are backed by the same deep pockets.  So your comparison doesn't show anything about Azamara's ability to make it through the Pandemic.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Azamara and Celebrity as both part of RCCL.  They are backed by the same deep pockets.  So your comparison doesn't show anything about Azamara's ability to make it through the Pandemic.

Totally disagree with you. Loyal repeat customers make up the majority of Azamara’s business. I said months ago that with out us they are dead. I have been witness to so many of us vowing to never again cruise with Azamara. Having its hand in the same deep pockets as Celebrity who is paying its customers back, adds insult to injury for us. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

I paid $10k for my cruise 6 months ago. It was cancelled almost 3 months ago. Never received refund money. Why would I give Azamara more money to book a cruise in the future when they owe me. I can talk with an Azamara agent to book another cruise within minutes but cannot reach those that owe me money. The simple act of contemplating another booking drives me senseless. How can any company survive this?

There seem to me to be as many people saying they’ll never cruise with Azamara again as there are on other lines’ boards saying they’ll never cruise with that line again. Very many companies seem to be having very similar problems. All of those people are likely to cruise again with someone. I don’t think Azamara is in a worse position than many other lines.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I know that this will not help, but it will add perspective.

I received an email notification from BA that our flights had been cancelled. 10 minutes (!!) after receiving the email I had arranged for a refund, by phone. 3 days later (30 May) the refund was credited to my Credit Card.

BA are under pressure like all other travel companies, including cruise lines. I think that the agent I spoke to was working from home: I could hear her keyboard clearly and there was absolutely no background noise.

And remember, in normal circumstances, BA have up to 145,000 passengers DAILY, and must be under extreme pressure dealing with refunds etc.

Contrast that with Azamara (and other cruise lines!)

2 hours ago, ABoatNerd said:

Go to your credit card company and file a dispute.

Simple and effective.

And make sure you do not patronize Azamara again.

Actually we received our money back from Azamara for a B2B in June in a very timely fashion.  We actually received it on May 8 back to our credit card.  The issue for is is the Citibank Visa Credit Card.  Even though this large credit is showing as a credit balance on the card it has now taken us over 23 days to get the refund sent to our ban account.  We are very upset and keep getting different stall answers.  We are at our wits end.  

This is where it’s all so wrong. 

Blag is right. His experience with BA echoes mine exactly. Our cancellations either predate or are in the same group as Phzazzcruisers. In writing we were told on May 24th by Azamara Customer Relations that they had not yet started the refunds for our first cruise (21 May) - patently not true Azamara! I do not take kindly to misinformation. 

My experience with the Hotel Indigo Barcelona and the Holiday Inn Nice and Edinburgh airport (both IHG) and BA - all immediate cash refunds. Yet for the same holiday 3 Azamara cruises that I gave them the benefit of the doubt on and went for future cruise credits - nothing! 

OK in the early days it would be chaotic as it was unprecedented times but don’t use that excuse now to justify an administrative shambles. If all the major banks, insurance companies and utilities providers can place enough people home working to maintain an acceptable service why can’t RC?  Such a set up does not come at no charge (probably deemed not worth it as good service reduces the chance to live off the customers money)- but I applaud those companies who maintained an acceptable level of service. I’m with them in the future. 

Yes many are saying I will never sail with ABC again, I do not see many saying I will go to Azamara instead. 

We tried to stay loyal showing faith by accepting in the short term credits. We should not have done so. Ok I know you can book then switch a credit over to an existing  booking but I’ve no idea how much each credit will be for or what adjustments will be done. I’m not spending my time on the phone with a sales person I don’t know whose pretending to be my best friend. Instead because these credits are still not here, I’ve made alternative plans for the rest of this year and early 2021. 

As I opted for the future credit note I can’t dispute on my credit card yet but will be looking at walking away fully and have the cash soon. The only thing that stops me doing that is I fear it might confuse and slow down the process. 

3 hours ago, MakingUpForLostTime said:

Totally disagree with you. Loyal repeat customers make up the majority of Azamara’s business. I said months ago that with out us they are dead. I have been witness to so many of us vowing to never again cruise with Azamara. Having its hand in the same deep pockets as Celebrity who is paying its customers back, adds insult to injury for us. Thanks for pointing that out for us.

There are problems with payment across all 3 RCCL brands. Being a loyal customer hasn't meant refunds come sooner be it RCI, Celebrity or Azamara. I'm Pinnacle on RCI and many other Pinnacle members are experiencing the same frustrations that Azamara cruisers are. It appears the earlier refunds are the ones they've had problems with and sadly. If you read the other boards I think you'll see the same frustrations. It's not just Azamara. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, suzyluvs2cruise said:

There are problems with payment across all 3 RCCL brands. Being a loyal customer hasn't meant refunds come sooner be it RCI, Celebrity or Azamara. I'm Pinnacle on RCI and many other Pinnacle members are experiencing the same frustrations that Azamara cruisers are. It appears the earlier refunds are the ones they've had problems with and sadly. If you read the other boards I think you'll see the same frustrations. It's not just Azamara. 

Agree I’m Azamara Platinum I’m certainly not getting priority I say that not as a demand I should have but as a reference point. 

• Like 1

Not all airlines are behaving as well as BA, tho’ some are. We were due to be in Greece for a couple of weeks from next weekend. Out Jet2 flight there was cancelled a while ago. Jet2 refunded us without us even having to ask for a refund. On the other hand our internal flight from Thessalonika to Kalamata with Aegean was cancelled by them late last week.  The cancellation notice only gave the options of rebooking or a credit voucher. I emailed them saying I wanted a refund. They have emailed me back to say this is not possible. I have told them that if they do not refund me within 14 days of the cancellation, I will claim from my credit card under Section 75 of the Consumer Credit act.

• Like 1