Cruise Critic Community
GSfromCT

Price Match Guarantee and Price Drops

I tried searching this topic but could not find anything relevant.

My family is new to cruising (I took a cruise 30 years ago but I don't think changes anything), so I thought I would defer to the experts.

We have been bumped off of the May 4th Liberty sailing and I am now putting the FCC towards a June 3 Sunrise sailing.  June 3 - NYC, yes, I may be a little too optimistic.

I have been watching the Sunrise pricing for over a week and see the price dropping.

I saw a reduction yesterday, put it on a 24 hr hold and called my TA.  She took my hold but had to change the balcony cabin (I don't care, I have no experience in what is a good cabin or a bad cabin).

I wanted to get a 5 day hold so I can watch pricing a little longer, but my TA came back and said the hold is only good for 24 hours on June cruises (from Carnival) and do I want my FCC/OBC rolled into this?

I said yes and final payment is due no later than 4/2/20.  We went from a 4 day to an 8 day, so we owe more than the FCC. 

I feel like the price is going to go down some more and I really wanted a 5 day hold.  Oh well.

I see posts around here about people seeing their cruise go down in price and applying for OBC.

I can watch my booking for changes between now and sailing date.

The 110% guarantee states "If I find a price lower within 48 hours of booking..."

How do I apply for OBC if my cruise price drops if I am outside the 48 hour window?

What advice or strategy should I use on this?

Is the 110% guarantee a price match - refund to your form of payment?

Should I call my TA whenever I see a price drop, should I wait until a certain date?

I guess I'm looking to know what I should know before I need to know (or something like that).

I'm (hopefully) doing a B2B in July. The first sailing is paid in full, the second still has a balance due In June. Being in a "Stay at Home" city I have alot of free time. I've been checking my sailings every day. They both have been going down a little every day. I email my PVC and he refunds the already paid sailing and adjusts the other to make the final payment lower.

Hello, so first you for sure have 48hrs to apply for a price drop! Although it will need to be for the same category or higher for the room your booked in. (So find out what your cabin number is and look up one of the deck plans for your ship. There it will be color coded by category.) if you find a lower price you will have to contact your TA and have them apply for the price reduction. I recommend taking screenshots! Your TA will need to be on the ball.

Now price reductions after the 48 hour window, when you are past final payment, you can only get those when booked under the early saver rate.  If you are booked under early saver you have up until 2 days before sailing to price match. If you aren't booked early saver than after the 48hrs or final payment timeframe you are locked in. 

Hope this helps 

So just looked and doesn't look like early saver is available for this sailing, so come the 4th your locked in. But it may not matter if your sailing get cancelled. But we all are hoping that cruises will be sailing by June! 

40 minutes ago, mustardgirl said:

Hope this helps 

Tremendously!

Thank you.  Yes, my TA does seem to be on the ball.  I was part of a 900 person group sailing / graduation that got cancelled.  So I know she has been busy, but when I needed her help, it was like I was her only customer.