Further Cancellations - Alaska, San Francisco, Radiance and Legend

lensonlife

this might be related due to the delays at the shipyard causing delays of the refurbishment

i also noticed the Carnival Legend cruises out of NY in May and June is also gone too..not good for me

Edited by shof515

Legend has also had all its European cruises pulled for this year and its first cruise that can be booked is November. Assume tomorrow we are going to hear about the Mardi Gras delay, Miracle which is showing NO cruises at all, and the changes to these two ships.

The 6/29 Radiance cruise I’m scheduled to be on is actually a 9 day Eastern Caribbean Journeys. But I do believe it was the refurbishment that seemingly is canceling it out.   The Europeans were the 5 sails prior and they already canceled those. 

8 minutes ago, yogibear said:

I'm wondering if they pulled the Legend and the Miracle to be used as hospital ships. I am/was scheduled on the Legend May 16th, 2020.  Dang!!!

Karen

i am going to take a wild guess that the Legend will continue cruising out of Tampa when cruising resumes. she was originally scheduled to reposition from Tampa to New York and sail out of New York for a few cruises and then do a transatlantic to Europe for some sailings in Europe then a transatlantic back to the USA

9 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am not sure if there will be a Radiance. Does Carnival have the cash on hand to pay for the remodel, all the refunds, and sustain the other ships and personnel? 

Similar question to what’s being asked regarding the Royal Amplified project that was supposed to take place right now on the Allure of the Seas... also scheduled to be in Cadiz with the Radiance.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Purvis1231 said:

I am not sure if there will be a Radiance. Does Carnival have the cash on hand to pay for the remodel, all the refunds, and sustain the other ships and personnel? 

Was not aware they were paying cash.  I know they used to self fund their ships, but thought that ended long ago.  

Purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that based on what’s happening now they will delay, if not shelve entirely the refurbishment of the Victory. I sailed on her just before she went to Spain, and there really wasn’t anything wrong with her at all anyway. It is still very much a pretty and well-appointed ship. This refurbishment seemed to be more of a growth activity, rather than something desperately needing to happen to keep her in service.

Carnival, and other cruise lines are going to be looking for ways to save cash right now until they are operating at full steam ahead again. I suspect that they will decide to push off that project for awhile.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

14 minutes ago, Ldyandrea said:

Purely speculation on my part, but my guess is that based on what’s happening now they will delay, if not shelve entirely the refurbishment of the Victory. I sailed on her just before she went to Spain, and there really wasn’t anything wrong with her at all anyway. It is still very much a pretty and well-appointed ship. This refurbishment seemed to be more of a growth activity, rather than something desperately needing to happen to keep her in service.

Carnival, and other cruise lines are going to be looking for ways to save cash right now until they are operating at full steam ahead again. I suspect that they will decide to push off that project for awhile.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I agree.  We were on Victory in November 2019.  The ship is in good condition.  The analyst are predicting it could be more than a year or more before the full demand returns to the cruise industry.  With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

5 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

I agree.  We were on Victory in November 2019.  The ship is in good condition.  The analyst are predicting it could be more than a year or more before the full demand returns to the cruise industry.  With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

I agree. Though we have a B2B booked on the Radiance in September, if it was still the Victory we wouldn't mind. 😎

6 hours ago, Barry ATL said:

With that in mind, I think Carnival will put off all expenses they can.  So, in my opinion, we will see The Victory for some time.

during the transatlantic to the shipyard, they are did some work on the ship and from what i saw on various sites that posted pictures. the inside of the ship is already gutted. there is no turning back. the transformation of the victory is happening and i wont be surprised to see it sit at the shipyard for many months. most likely both carnival and shipyard has an agreement to wave any additional fees due to the additional time in drydock

30 minutes ago, shof515 said:

during the transatlantic to the shipyard, they are did some work on the ship and from what i saw on various sites that posted pictures. the inside of the ship is already gutted. there is no turning back. the transformation of the victory is happening and i wont be surprised to see it sit at the shipyard for many months. most likely both carnival and shipyard has an agreement to wave any additional fees due to the additional time in drydock

I was going to say the same thing. There have been updates posted on Instagram. They’re going to have to work at putting her back together because the refurbishment has already started. 

43 minutes ago, shof515 said:

11 minutes ago, lensonlife said:

I was going to say the same thing. There have been updates posted on Instagram. They’re going to have to work at putting her back together because the refurbishment has already started. 

Good points. Probably wishful thinking on my part. 😎

I wonder if its worth putting her back together or just delaying Radiance sailings at this point.  I’m not optimistic we’ll be sailing or Radiance cruise as they still show for Nov and beyond. Husband and I figured out our back up plan last night so we can call right away if something is announced. 

• Like 1

Just now, BroadwayGirl said:

I wonder if its worth putting her back together or just delaying Radiance sailings at this point.  I’m not optimistic we’ll be sailing or Radiance cruise as they still show for Nov and beyond. Husband and I figured out our back up plan last night so we can call right away if something is announced. 

I guess it’s entirely possible they could stop where they’re at and put Victory back together- putting her afloat (and I would be happy again if this meant I got to sail lol). That said, it’s likely some very “Victory” things were already destroyed. Wonder what they’d call it. A pipe dream anyway.