Further Cancellations - Alaska, San Francisco, Radiance and Legend

lensonlife

We were sailing on Radiance October 4, but had a feeling it would be canceled. My issue is, this was a booking due to our September 30 Mardi Gras cancelation. The Radiance was a LOT less expensive, so I’m gonna be pretty upset if they just want to give me credit based on the Radiance. I also had $200 OBC from the Mardi Gras cancelation. WHAT A MESS!! 🙁

Edited by ciera123

I got emails for last Med and TA on Legend. I have 2 prior cruises on MSC booked, so I will wait a bit to see if they cancel (before final payment). I may take a full refund on 1 Legend cruise and rebook the other. At least we have some time to decide.

I'm not really surprised about Radiance. I just requested the 100% refund from the website and we'll see how long it takes to process. We're eyeing a Pride sailing for the same time frame (end of August) but won't book it until things have a bit more clarity.

2 minutes ago, hpugirl27 said:

Does anyone know if it would still be $600 OBC if you book a shorter cruise for your next one?  (Canceled cruise was 9 days) or would they only give you the $300 if the next cruise you book is less than 6 days?

i think it says current cruise length

Edited by shof515

We were going to Alaska in late May. I was not surprised by the cancellation. In fact I’m happy to know with this much warning so we can hopefully get our airfare back. We went with the Fly2Fun air booking method so hopefully that will make it hassle free. We have a couple o pets we have to board when we cruise and we were starting to get apprehensive about what would happen if we were trapped aboard a quarantined ship for several weeks. 

With any luck we will be able to get back to Alaska one day (we’ve been once before) but  I think we might just decide to go somewhere south in the fall instead. Disappointing, but I’m just happy to be in a position to make future Vacation plans rather than struggling to stay solvent.

Just had the email cancelling our September cruise on the Legend from Venice to Barcelona, which is over 5 months away. 

All our flights and hotels were booked independently and are non-refundable, and I bet our travel insurance has small print referring to pandemics (but I haven't checked yet).

Ah well - what the world is going through makes this a very minor inconvenience.

Stay safe everyone!!!!

6 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Any idea why those the legend/radiance specifically?  Seems like a pretty normal itinerary..

Should we be worried about all Bahamas cruises?  We're set to sail on August 15 on the ecstasy.. 

The Legend was doing Eurpean and TA routes. I guess all  European ports will be closed until further notice.

7 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Any idea why those the legend/radiance specifically?  Seems like a pretty normal itinerary.

Legend has Europe sailings during the summmer

and Radiance is due to construction delays at the shipyard

• Like 1

As a (planned) passenger on the Legend this December...I wonder if they're going to be able to do any work on her while she's on break.  Seems like both a great opportunity to do a lot of refurbishment with the layoff, and a terrible time to do a lot of refurbishment with the cashflow situation.