Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lensonlife

Further Cancellations - Alaska, San Francisco, Radiance and Legend

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, MsTabbyKats said:

I'm in NYC....they just put up a temp hospital across the street from me.

 

I'd like to rebook for an Oct cruise...but....I will say this quite frankly and from the bottom of my heart...if I did not live here there's no way I'd come here for a long time.

 

I go out weekly (run across the street to drugstore at 8 am) and everyone (not that there are many) is wearing a mask....and moving quickly.

😪 stay safe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Obviously not going to take Legend to Europe at all.  There goes my Med/TA B2B.  Now what am I going to do with all these Carnival gift cards I'd been buying to pay for those sailing?!?  LOL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would it surprise anyone if they cancelled the entire Alaska season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bummer! Will Legend and Radiance be re-routed, or will they be laid up until NOVEMBER 2020??

Further we are booked on a HAL cruise to Norway in late August 2020, I really hope we do not get affected by any cancellation... :-(((( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i think the legend will remain in Tampa once cruising resumes, no need for her to change to different home ports like NYC and Europe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We were sailing on Radiance October 4, but had a feeling it would be canceled. My issue is, this was a booking due to our September 30 Mardi Gras cancelation. The Radiance was a LOT less expensive, so I’m gonna be pretty upset if they just want to give me credit based on the Radiance. I also had $200 OBC from the Mardi Gras cancelation. WHAT A MESS!! 🙁

Edited by ciera123

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cushing985 said:

Would it surprise anyone if they cancelled the entire Alaska season?

Not at all!

 

Karen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got emails for last Med and TA on Legend. I have 2 prior cruises on MSC booked, so I will wait a bit to see if they cancel (before final payment). I may take a full refund on 1 Legend cruise and rebook the other. At least we have some time to decide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know if it would still be $600 OBC if you book a shorter cruise for your next one?  (Canceled cruise was 9 days) or would they only give you the $300 if the next cruise you book is less than 6 days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not really surprised about Radiance. I just requested the 100% refund from the website and we'll see how long it takes to process. We're eyeing a Pride sailing for the same time frame (end of August) but won't book it until things have a bit more clarity.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, hpugirl27 said:

Does anyone know if it would still be $600 OBC if you book a shorter cruise for your next one?  (Canceled cruise was 9 days) or would they only give you the $300 if the next cruise you book is less than 6 days?

i think it says current cruise length

Edited by shof515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i think it says current cruise length

It does, but didn't specify anything about the new booking so I wasn't sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We were going to Alaska in late May. I was not surprised by the cancellation. In fact I’m happy to know with this much warning so we can hopefully get our airfare back. We went with the Fly2Fun air booking method so hopefully that will make it hassle free. We have a couple o pets we have to board when we cruise and we were starting to get apprehensive about what would happen if we were trapped aboard a quarantined ship for several weeks. 
 

With any luck we will be able to get back to Alaska one day (we’ve been once before) but  I think we might just decide to go somewhere south in the fall instead. Disappointing, but I’m just happy to be in a position to make future Vacation plans rather than struggling to stay solvent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had the email cancelling our September cruise on the Legend from Venice to Barcelona, which is over 5 months away. 

All our flights and hotels were booked independently and are non-refundable, and I bet our travel insurance has small print referring to pandemics (but I haven't checked yet).

Ah well - what the world is going through makes this a very minor inconvenience.

Stay safe everyone!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know. Did not get any emails yet from Carnival. Had the Legend booked for the October 30 TA out of Barcelona. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any idea why those the legend/radiance specifically?  Seems like a pretty normal itinerary..

 

Should we be worried about all Bahamas cruises?  We're set to sail on August 15 on the ecstasy.. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Any idea why those the legend/radiance specifically?  Seems like a pretty normal itinerary..

 

Should we be worried about all Bahamas cruises?  We're set to sail on August 15 on the ecstasy.. 

 

 

The Legend was doing Eurpean and TA routes. I guess all  European ports will be closed until further notice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Any idea why those the legend/radiance specifically?  Seems like a pretty normal itinerary.

 

 

Legend has Europe sailings during the summmer

and Radiance is due to construction delays at the shipyard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Legend cruises were in Europe.  Our was early September, Venice to Barcelona.  At least it was before final payment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shof515 said:

vn3odwehx7q41.jpg

 

my cruise is canceled 😞

We had a B2B booked.  We will utilize the $1200 obc somewhere down the line. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even though it was before final payment you can still get your Deposit as a FCC and additional OBC depending on length of cruise  - if you choose that Option - or cash back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

We had a B2B booked.  We will utilize the $1200 obc somewhere down the line. 

We now have 4 OBC’s due to cancellations.  Getting hard to keep track.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...