Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
lensonlife

Further Cancellations - Alaska, San Francisco, Radiance and Legend

Recommended Posts

As a (planned) passenger on the Legend this December...I wonder if they're going to be able to do any work on her while she's on break.  Seems like both a great opportunity to do a lot of refurbishment with the layoff, and a terrible time to do a lot of refurbishment with the cashflow situation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if they just will reschedule anything out of Tampa when normal operations resume or if they will leave her laid up till Nov 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We had a cruise on the Radience on Sept.13. Now cancelled.

Got offer and had the following questions.

1) I have not done final payment, do I continue to pay?

2) Sister in law was going, what if she can't go on rescheduled cruise. May take grand kids instead.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's canceled....no additional payments.

You'll get a FCC of whatever you paid plus an OBC of $600 if you want to book another cruise.  If not, you can get a refund of whatever you paid.

I'm not sure about the second question...if nobody knows here you need to call your TA or Carnival.

Keep in mind...whatever you hear here are educate opinions.  You'll get many answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Elkins45 said:

We were going to Alaska in late May. I was not surprised by the cancellation. In fact I’m happy to know with this much warning so we can hopefully get our airfare back. We went with the Fly2Fun air booking method so hopefully that will make it hassle free. We have a couple o pets we have to board when we cruise and we were starting to get apprehensive about what would happen if we were trapped aboard a quarantined ship for several weeks. 
 

With any luck we will be able to get back to Alaska one day (we’ve been once before) but  I think we might just decide to go somewhere south in the fall instead. Disappointing, but I’m just happy to be in a position to make future Vacation plans rather than struggling to stay solvent.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Elkins45...  everything you said, most notably re the pets. Just the mere thought of not returning on time is past disturbing - and that's assuming we'd return sans health issues. Leaving out of SF would've been great; maybe next year...

 

Another silver lining, the option of 100% refund...  we'll def take it! (And our apology for the double post.) :classic_cool:

Edited by MrGoate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 12:38 PM, Don Kehote said:

As a (planned) passenger on the Legend this December...I wonder if they're going to be able to do any work on her while she's on break.  Seems like both a great opportunity to do a lot of refurbishment with the layoff, and a terrible time to do a lot of refurbishment with the cashflow situation.

I’m going to assume, based on the Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas situations, that the cash flow instance will take priority on refurbishments.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/1/2020 at 9:46 AM, Cushing985 said:

Would it surprise anyone if they cancelled the entire Alaska season?

nope. I'm expecting it

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

I’m going to assume, based on the Allure of the Seas and Explorer of the Seas situations, that the cash flow instance will take priority on refurbishments.

Details?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I probably missed it but has Carnival articulated a time frame for refunds? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

I probably missed it but has Carnival articulated a time frame for refunds? 

most likely will take 90 days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our July 30th Alaskan cruise out of San Francisco was canceled...  We want to rebook for later in the summer for another cruise.  We had booked this cruise from the big box store...  want to book with FCC & OBC    Do we use the form on the email Carnival sent after we book the new one?  Do we call the box store to rebook and can they apply FCC & OBC?  My wait time when I called then a couple of weeks ago was 2 1/2 hours, but up for it if needed. Or do we call Carnival?  Any answers would be appreciated!  Have cruised a ton but have never had to cancel or be canceled before.  Thank you in advance for any insight...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kaylahszoo said:

Our July 30th Alaskan cruise out of San Francisco was canceled...  We want to rebook for later in the summer for another cruise.  We had booked this cruise from the big box store...  want to book with FCC & OBC    Do we use the form on the email Carnival sent after we book the new one?  Do we call the box store to rebook and can they apply FCC & OBC?  My wait time when I called then a couple of weeks ago was 2 1/2 hours, but up for it if needed. Or do we call Carnival?  Any answers would be appreciated!  Have cruised a ton but have never had to cancel or be canceled before.  Thank you in advance for any insight...

Lesson learned I hope is big box is only good when everything goes well.  Call. Carnival be prepared for a long wait and use TA or PVP next time who will do the heavy lifting for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shof515 said:

most likely will take 90 days

Best guess

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Lesson learned I hope is big box is only good when everything goes well.  Call. Carnival be prepared for a long wait and use TA or PVP next time who will do the heavy lifting for you.

Well, except for this cruise, my big box has done me well!!  The price on Carnival right now is $800 more for the exact same room!  Checked it now for 2 days.  Carnival, offers me $50 casino $$.  Big box $140 big box dollars.  The 2nd stateroom also more & more big box dollars.  A balcony connecting with an inside.  The $800 is the inside room.  Plus I get 2% back.  I've been on over 20 Carnival cruises...  If they would offer me a few more incentives to book with them, I'd go back to booking through them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, kaylahszoo said:

Well, except for this cruise, my big box has done me well!!  The price on Carnival right now is $800 more for the exact same room!  Checked it now for 2 days.  Carnival, offers me $50 casino $$.  Big box $140 big box dollars.  The 2nd stateroom also more & more big box dollars.  A balcony connecting with an inside.  The $800 is the inside room.  Plus I get 2% back.  I've been on over 20 Carnival cruises...  If they would offer me a few more incentives to book with them, I'd go back to booking through them.  

As always the choice is yours. If I had $10 for everyone who said its was ‘ just this one time’.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...