Rebooking issue question, is it me?

My 1st cruise got cancelled so I have rebooked for a new cruise of course. However this new Cruise is somewhere in the ballpark of half the price of the the canceled one. But this is where I get confused according to my PVP I'm getting $1,142.44 back in gift cards because I paid in gift cards, my friend is getting back $795.09 to her credit card, we had a payment of $453.81 of our old money applied to the new Cruise and we still owe somewhere in the ballpark of $1,900 for the new Cruise I just don't understand how that's possible. See screenshots below from cancelled cruise and replacement Cruise. I'm wondering if I need to get a new PVP even though this one came highly recommended.

Screenshot_20200401-110646_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20200401-110639_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Tracey.kinney425

Did you opt to receive the FCC and $600 OBC or the 100% refund? I was booked on a Breeze sailing for 4/25 that was cancelled and we opted for the FCC with $600 OBC. Because I had a gut feeling we were gonna get cancelled after they delayed their Friday announcement, I went ahead Sunday night and placed a hold on a replacement cruise for January to then move my monies over to Monday if needed. When they announced cancellations I called Carnival and told them that I wanted the FCC and OBC and they seamlessly moved over the money from the one booking to the other I placed a hold on. The amount I paid for the old cruise was $1647.04. The new cruise was going to be $1697. I was going from a 7 day eastern caribbean out of port canaveral to an 8 day eastern caribbean out of galveston. The penalty amount for the cancellation was $1026 which is what is being used as the FCC. The rest of the money is what they would have refunded back to me. They moved the $1026 over to the new booking and asked if i wanted to move the rest of the money ($571) over to the new booking as well. I said yes and they did which acted as a cash payment towards the new booking. I did not have to put any additional money down on the sailing because the "cash amount" that was moved over was more than the $250 deposit that would have been needed to secure the new booking. My balance for the new cruise is $98 which lines up with my math. I tried to calculate your numbers and things definitely do not add up. I'm not sure if its because of the vacation protection you purchased or the transportation but I would for sure reach out to carnival for clarification. That's a lot of money missing.

3 minutes ago, deliciousRN said:

Did you opt to receive the FCC and $600 OBC or the 100% refund? I was booked on a Breeze sailing for 4/25 that was cancelled and we opted for the FCC with $600 OBC. Because I had a gut feeling we were gonna get cancelled after they delayed their Friday announcement, I went ahead Sunday night and placed a hold on a replacement cruise for January to then move my monies over to Monday if needed. When they announced cancellations I called Carnival and told them that I wanted the FCC and OBC and they seamlessly moved over the money from the one booking to the other I placed a hold on. The amount I paid for the old cruise was $1647.04. The new cruise was going to be $1697. I was going from a 7 day eastern caribbean out of port canaveral to an 8 day eastern caribbean out of galveston. The penalty amount for the cancellation was $1026 which is what is being used as the FCC. The rest of the money is what they would have refunded back to me. They moved the $1026 over to the new booking and asked if i wanted to move the rest of the money ($571) over to the new booking as well. I said yes and they did which acted as a cash payment towards the new booking. I did not have to put any additional money down on the sailing because the "cash amount" that was moved over was more than the $250 deposit that would have been needed to secure the new booking. My balance for the new cruise is $98 which lines up with my math. I tried to calculate your numbers and things definitely do not add up. I'm not sure if its because of the vacation protection you purchased or the transportation but I would for sure reach out to carnival for clarification. That's a lot of money missing.

We took the 600 obc option. 100% refund was never going to be an option for me because I paid in gift cards. I sent an email to my PVP last night and fully outlined all my numbers. My Friend should get 633 back to her card and I should get 747 back in gift cards.

The jist of what I have been getting from the people in our FB group as well as on here is that this process varies based who you speak to when cancelling or moving over a booking. I didnt have a PVP so I just waited on hold and spoke to a gentlemen named Fernando and he was amazing. He answered questions I had about funshop purchases and after getting my booking moved, transferred me to a funshops rep to get my purchased cruise cash moved over to the new sailing as well. I have a refund coming from fun shops too of the things I purchased with my cc and the cruise cash I purchased with carnival gift cards, I had him move over to my new booking (i now have $850 in obc). I have telling any and everyone that is opting for the FCC to place a cruise on hold and then call to have them move it over. Seems to be the smoothest process. I wish all the agents could get on the same page, its a shame that everyone seems to be having such mixed issues getting things sorted out. Hopefully your PVP can get you fixed.

I agree that something is wrong with the numbers.

According to your screenshot of the cancelled cruise you had made payments of $3798.97.

But you say you are only getting back:

Gift cards:                       $1142.14

Friends CC:                     $795.09

Money Transferred:       $453.81

TOTAL:                            $2391.04

Where is the remaining $1407.93 on the original payments.  Is this going to be a FCC that just hasn't posted to the new cruise yet?  Also where is the $600 in OBC.  Your screenshot of the new cruise only shows OBC $50.  You need to call and find out what is going on.

5 minutes ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I agree that something is wrong with the numbers.

According to your screenshot of the cancelled cruise you had made payments of $3798.97.

But you say you are only getting back:

Gift cards:                       $1142.14

Friends CC:                     $795.09

Money Transferred:       $453.81

TOTAL:                            $2391.04

Where is the remaining $1407.93 on the original payments.  Is this going to be a FCC that just hasn't posted to the new cruise yet?  Also where is the $600 in OBC.  Your screenshot of the new cruise only shows OBC $50.  You need to call and find out what is going on.

Yes very true, the $1407 could be the FCC (penalty amount for cancellation) that just hasn't posted yet along with the OBC. One of my friends who was set to cruise May 9th moved her booking to the Jan one I am now on and her agent she spoke to told her it would be up to 12hrs before her FCC and OBC credit showed up. After speaking to her rep earlier Mon she did in fact receive an updated invoice from Carnival later that night. I thought it was strange that her invoice came later in the day while my agent emailed me an updated invoice while we were still on the call. I wanted to make sure everything looked correct before we ended the call.

You're not the only one...

Our numbers did not add up either.  Need to call back and speak with a different rep.  The one we got was just as frustrated with us as we were with her.

Suggestion:  Screenshot / make a copy of the April/May newly cancelled cruise so you have your most recent dollar amounts.  Once the rep "cancels it" and moves the FCC/OBC to a different booking it is gone for good (Learned this the hard way).

In trying to discuss numbers, we were not speaking the same language...  She was quoting figures at a per-passenger rate, while we were talking amounts paid.     (...Felt like when a salesman talks in terms of monthly payments and we want to talk total sale amount )

We are now going back over our records as it seems the initial $500 we put on the booking that is receiving the FCC/OBC has vanished and been replaced by the FCC.  

7 minutes ago, emceejay said:

You're not the only one...

Our numbers did not add up either.  Need to call back and speak with a different rep.  The one we got was just as frustrated with us as we were with her.

Suggestion:  Screenshot / make a copy of the April/May newly cancelled cruise so you have your most recent dollar amounts.  Once the rep "cancels it" and moves the FCC/OBC to a different booking it is gone for good (Learned this the hard way).

In trying to discuss numbers, we were not speaking the same language...  She was quoting figures at a per-passenger rate, while we were talking amounts paid.     (...Felt like when a salesman talks in terms of monthly payments and we want to talk total sale amount )

We are now going back over our records as it seems the initial $500 we put on the booking that is receiving the FCC/OBC has vanished and been replaced by the FCC.  

I am unable to find my cancelled cruise on my account, all I have are the confirmation email which is what I put in this post so I'm guessing I screwed that up 🤦🏼‍♀️.