Is it permitted to bring a beach chair?

If we wanted to bring our own backpack type beach chairs, is that something that is allowed by the cruiseline?  I never really considered it in the past, but it I know when you rent chairs you are limited to availability and where they are set up.  I wouldn't mind bringing my own.  Does anyone do this?  

• 3 weeks later...

I have brought beach chairs before and it has been nice.  You are definitely allowed to, they just turn into a pain in the ass.  I wouldn't recommend flying with them.  One thing that I know friends have done in the past is to order from Amazon and have it delivered to a locker in the port where you embark.  I have found it is easier to rent a chair or lounge for like $5-10 at whatever beach I find; I have never seen them completely full.  The nice thing about the backpack chair though, is you can stuff all sorts of stuff in it and carry it, but it does get annoying, especially on tenders because they take up a lot of space.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/1/2020 at 3:10 PM, Midwifelife7 said:

If we wanted to bring our own backpack type beach chairs, is that something that is allowed by the cruiseline?  I never really considered it in the past, but it I know when you rent chairs you are limited to availability and where they are set up.  I wouldn't mind bringing my own.  Does anyone do this?  

I'm sure it's happened before, after 25 years of cruising, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to what other cruisers are willing to do. With that being said Thank God I've never known anyone who brought their own beach chairs on a cruise, that's a new one. Good luck though with bringing your's and hauling it all over the Caribbean, please let us all know how that works out for you. Thanks Todd

On 5/12/2020 at 10:28 PM, TTEllis said:

I'm sure it's happened before, after 25 years of cruising, nothing surprises me anymore when it comes to what other cruisers are willing to do. With that being said Thank God I've never known anyone who brought their own beach chairs on a cruise, that's a new one. Good luck though with bringing your's and hauling it all over the Caribbean, please let us all know how that works out for you. Thanks Todd

We tend to gravitate towards the "off the beaten path" locations.  In the past, rentable chairs weren't where I wanted them to be and I have often wished that I brought my own chair.  Fortunately, my backpack chair is lightweight and I've carried it for miles in the past.  I wasn't asking whether it would be difficult to "haul" all over the Caribbean.  I was asking whether a chair is permitted to bring onboard.  I am not planning to use it on the cruise ship, just on the beach somewhere.  Thank you for your help.....

• Like 1