4-2-20 Thursday Weigh-In Bless You All...Stay Inside

Belle

Know it's a struggle to watch our weight at a time like this

Time of worry for our family and friends and the world we know

Want to give everyone a hug and a kiss

We think that this can't be happening it's a sf movie but no

All we can do at this time is try to eat healthy and exercise a little

At least try to maintain if we don't lose..we don't want to get bigger in the middle

So come in and weigh and say Hello with a smile:classic_smile:

• Like 3

I read something recently that trying to flatten the curve is fattening my curves. 

I had a slight loss again this week - even with supporting the local pizza shop last night 🙂 

This weeks stats and updated goals:

Start: 208.6 (1/9/20) This week: 203.8

Goal by 6/5 (47th birthday, May cruise canceled) 20# loss - 15.2# remaining

Goal by 10/22 (just after 25th anniversary): another 25# loss

Goal end of year: finish weight of 155#

• Like 2

@Belle Glad you're back. Sounds like quite the adventure. I completely lost track of days last week. This is also the first time I've logged in to CC in over a week. I am down .2 from the 26th but up 1.6 from the 19th. So my same up/down 🙂

I have been exercising during the time I would normally spend commuting. The weather has been terrible. Finally, sunny today but I am actually at work. We have a companywide call and I'm one of the "moderators."

I hope you all are safe and healthy. #BESAFEBESMARTBEKIND

• Like 2

Good morning! Thank you for getting started Belle, at least one thing is back to normal. 😄

PAcruise and Jenny - congrats on your losses! 

Diana - congrats on staying the same, any non-gain is a success in my books. 

I'm down .2, pretty good considering my 19 year old daughter has been housebound for the past 2.5 weeks and has been baking to fill her boredom. Cookies, cheesecake, brownies and cinnamon rolls! I'm quickly running out of flour and the stores here have been out for weeks. No flour, no sugar, no butter... still no TP. I wish people would stop the crazy buying. We have months of this get through. And they are predicting a second wave to hit come fall... 😞 

I've found trying to eat well and stock fresh fruit and veggies while only leaving the house every two or three weeks is hard. There's a little market around the corner that is typically far less busy than the grocery stores and used to be really good for getting inexpensive, fresh produce but it changed hands and this week they are selling iceberg lettuce for 12.00 a head - while it's 2.97 at the grocery store. So I've been stocking up on frozen fruit and veg. Not the same but better than nothing. 

How are things where you all are? Store shelves mostly empty? Hoping you are staying safe and well!

• Like 2

Good morning all.  I seem to be gaining ... I am up 0.8# this week ... We have been walking daily between 1.5 - 2 miles.  The weather is not the best have had snow, today is rain.  I did put a teddy bear on my front door.

I have been reading a lot ... but, still have been having ice cream at night ... It is almost gone and I don't have any more.  I won't be going to the grocery store for at least another week or so.  

Hope everyone is doing ok.  Jan

• Like 1

Hi, all.  We are still doing well here.   My son did tell me that the number of NYPD cops infected was inaccurate.  The news said 12,000 but its actually 1200.   That is a relief.   His partner just went out sick, so now I am counting the days until my son is either sick or cleared.

I stayed the same.  Haven't been eating much, so I thought for sure that I would have a loss. 

Robin, that price gouging is terrible.   They should be reported.

Stay well everyone.

Rose

• Like 2

Robin, a loss, yeah.

You should definitely report that place for price gouging. Here is No. CA we have actually seen prices go down. Our local grocery store had asparagus and tomatoes for .98 cents/lb., prices on premium bread are down, large celery for .69 cents/ea and we recently got whole chickens for .77 cents/lb. Eggs are expensive though......There is plenty of supply of products though especially if you go to a warehouse type store like Food For Less, Food Maxx, Save Mart, Winco Foods.

Jan, at least you are getting some good walks in.

Rose, ok to stay the same. Have to say I was a bit horrified last week when I saw your post about 12,000 police officers positive but still 1,200 is terrible too. I wish the best for your son. 

Today we did some grocery shopping. We shower when we come home. I wash our grocery bags and clothes after we get home. We disinfect the shopping carts, use hand sanitizer after each stop and wash our hands profusely when we enter the house. It all seems like it is not enough. 

So scary.

Diana

Edited by winewanderer
  • Like 1

Hi, everyone!

Well, two weeks have passed since my accident, and I'm happy to say that my pain has reduced to the point where I have resumed my daily walks -- although on a greatly reduced scale so far.  I reduced my steps goal to 3000 steps per day, and will increase it 500 steps probably every other day.  Ups and downs as far as the scale is concerned, but I'm down overall, so that's good.  My husband has been doing the food shopping, and has been doing a good job -- I'm all over him about washing his hands as soon as he comes in the door, and apparently the stores have been on top of sanitizing the carts and providing hand sanitizer both entering and exiting.  It's asparagus season here in Eastern Washington, so I'm ecstatic -- one of our local farms has set up an online store, with farm "curbside" pickup.  $1.75/lb, but it's cut fresh that morning.

Our Panama Canal cruise on the NCL Bliss has been cancelled, so am extending my goals out to my birthday in August and then (hopefully) our Transatlantic cruise on RCL Allure OTS in November. 

Governor Inslee just extended our "Stay Home, Stay Healthy" through May 4.  Well, at least that should give my ribs time to heal fully!

Diana (in WA)

• Like 1

Nice to see you all.

Last Thursday gained the 2 1/2 lbs but was off by Sunday, thought it was because I

didn't drink enough but it was still off today..so 2 1/2 lbs lost.

pa...Any loss is a good loss. Didn't gain because you were supporting someone.

Jenny...It was but not as bad as some others are dealing with. Good on the exercise.

Diana...No gain is a good thing.  Hope we all can have no gains next week.

Robin...To have a little loss with all those baked goods.. Weigh To Go!

Jan...Not fair to gain when walking.  My downfall is ice cream too.

Rose...Staying is good but not when you thought you lost.  Still thinking of your son, stay safe.

Wa Diana...Sorry about your accident.  Glad your doing better.  Glad your down some.

Think we all have to stay in now till May 4th.  I sure hope there's some progress that the

Virus is going away. Hope we all can be good and not have gains next week and just

have loss's or stay the same.

Wish you all a peacefull weekend and not much stress. Enjoy yourself with whoever is in the house with you.:classic_love:

Gee that means I have to enjoy being with me!:classic_laugh:

• Like 2

Hello All.  Hope all of you are having a good day/night.

What do you have planned for the weekend? Can't go out so that leaves something to

do at home. Doing housework/yard work doesn't seem right on the weekend when

we've been home all week.

Everyone take care and stay healthy being inside your house.

• Like 1

Hi, Belle.   I am doing well.  Staying home and staying safe.  I am lucky because I have my husband, oldest daughter and grandson here with me.   The feeling of isolation is still strong, so I can't imagine how it must feel to be alone during this time.   We don't have much planned for the weekend.  Every day seems like the day before.  Its even hard to keep track of the days.

Today was a beautiful day here.  Fairly sunny and although windy, it was a nice day to get out in the yard and get some fresh air.   DH and I walked around our yard and planned what we want to do with our garden and patio once the weather gets a little nicer.

Stay well.

Rose

• Like 1

Hi Belle,

Glad you had a loss.

We are having lousy weather this weekend. Rainy today. Rain and hail Sunday. And on top of that the wild turkeys in our area are making a mess of the bark in our front yard! How rude. At least I'm getting exercise with all the sweeping of it back where it belongs. 

I agree with Rose, every day seems like all the others. 

Just trying to get through the days...…...

Have a good evening,

Diana

Edited by winewanderer

Hello Rose and Diana.  Glad you two are doing the best you can.

Yes the days are running into each other.

Rose..Nice your getting out some in your yards. Feel lucky that you have family with you

even if have to stay apart.

Diana..Weather isn't that great here either.  Seems like weather is bad in so many places

to go with wants going on. Not right.

I haven't got my "up and go" yet to start cleaning my house. I'd get to it sooner if I didn't watch

the news Gets you down.. So sad.

Take care and thanks for writing.

Hi Belle,

We're having a quiet Sunday. It rained buckets, lots of thunder but no hail. Rain tomorrow again. We're supposed to start drying out Tues. and mid-70's over the weekend.

As the weather gets nicer it will be very hard to stay inside. Fortunately I like to putter in the yard. Houses where we are have big lots so no problem avoiding people...........

Hope everyone is staying healthy. 

Diana

Late evening hello Diana.

Glad the weather will be getting better for you.  Do you have land or just big lots compared

to what new houses get these days. How big is your garden. I think more people planting

gardens this year for something to do and have food to eat.  You plant one every year already

I believe.

This virus getting harder to deal with, not knowing when it will end and when it does..does it go

back to normal?  All we can do is stay inside and try to do our normal living as best as we can.

Trying not to stress eat. So far not gaining this week. We all want to lose but

happy when we don't gain.

Everyone take care.

I'm doing well here.  Finished most of the yard work Saturday (still have a set of lilac bushes to trim), took a long walk (~5 miles) yesterday to drop a letter at the post office, and a few spurts of decluttering here and there.  Today I will try to burn the leaves since it should be a nice day.

Tomorrow DD and I will try to give blood.  I hope they will still take mine - I think I got a touch of poison ivy (or poison something) while doing the yard work.  Hitting up the antihistamines, but don't remember them being prohibited.  It will be DD's first time donating so I appreciate prayers for calm nerves for her.

Trying to eat healthy but we did give into the munchies a little last night with a couple graham crackers and nutella.

• Like 1

Hello,

Belle, no land for us but a large lot compared to most new homes. I would call our backyard huge. It's manageable though yardwork wise. 

Hubby built 2 large raised beds. Yes, planted our summer garden. Some things have sprouted. 

Pacruise, great you and your daughter are giving blood. Positive, calm thoughts to her. 

Diana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Our blood drive got canceled 😞 We rescheduled for June.  Here are the zucchini recipes I mentioned last week:

Zucchini (Summer Squash) Cake

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

3/4 cup oil

1 1/2 cup flour

1 tsp baking powder

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp vanilla

1/2 tsp salt

2 cups grated zucchini

1/4 cup chopped nuts (I use toasted pecans, I'm sure mom used walnuts)

1/4 cup raisins (I use craisins and they work well too)

Beat eggs and sugar until very light. Gradually beat in oil. Combine dry ingredients and 1 1/4 cup flour. Add & mix alternately with squash to egg mixture.  Toss nuts and raisins with remaining flour and stir into mixture (helps keep from sinking).  Pour into greased, floured 8" square pan. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes.  Cool 5 minutes before removing (I leave in pan).  May be frosted or dusted with powdered sugar (mom's writing says 10x, but I think that's powdered sugar and what I use).

I never liked zucchini breads growing up, but loved Mom's cake and was thrilled when I found the recipe in some of my grandmother's papers ❤️ 

• Like 1

From Animal, Vegetable, Miracle:

Zucchini Chocolate Chip Cookies (Makes about two dozen)

1 EGG, BEATEN

½ CUP BUTTER softened

½ CUP BROWN SUGAR

1/3 CUP HONEY

1 TBSP. VANILLA EXTRACT

Combine in large bowl.

1 CUP WHITE FLOUR

1 CUP WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR

½ TSP BAKING SODA

¼ TSP SALT

¼ TSP CINNAMON

¼ TSP NUTMEG

Combine in a separate, small bowl and blend into liquid mixture

1 CUP FINELY SHREDDED ZUCCHINI

12 OZ CHOCOLATE CHIPS

Stir these into other ingredients, mix well.

Drop by spoonful onto greased baking sheet, and flatten with the back of a spoon. Bake at 350° , 10 to 15 minutes.

Pacruise, the recipes sound great. 

Today we had sunshine. We had rain the past 3 days so was nice to see the sun. 

We had a fast food taco picnic lunch in a parking lot then did a little grocery shopping. Wore masks and gloves...…..

Diana

• Like 1

Hi, all.  Just checking in to say we are still doing well.  I hope that everyone is healthy and safe.

The weather was beautiful here today.  I was able to get outside and vacuum out my car.   Even though it hasn't left my driveway for three weeks.   

Stay safe all

Rose

• Like 1