Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

17 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

A very enjoyable evening 😁

DSC_1106.JPG

DSC_1114.JPG

DSC_1117.JPG

DSC_1146.JPG

DSC_1150.JPG

DSC_1170 (1280x701).jpg

DSC_1186.JPG

DSC_1192.JPG

Oh yeah!  Great pictures!  And thanks for bringing back those fond memories.  Sigh...was originally supposed to be heading there in 3 weeks.  😞 

17 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On our way to New Jersey for our family dinner to celebrate 50 long years🥰Tomorrow is the actual day but we have been celebrating all week! Our friend is a Monsignor and pastor of our Church is coming along to bless our next 50🙏

Marietta

Happy milestone anniversary Dani!!  🙂  We are celebrating exactly half of your milestone for our 25th on June 1st.  We didn't get it right the first time.  😉 

image.jpeg.64667353ec536fa2868ab3ca4cee2137.jpeg

• Like 1

Love the Old Lahaina Luau.  Been there twice.  Pro tip...get seats (real chairs) in the center by the walkway where the performers enter and closest to the stage.  Don't think I could handle the tables that are closer to the stage but require sitting on the ground.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, island lady said:

Not just refusing to wear masks...but add to that problem the ones refusing the vaccine as well.  😞 

Guessing it's the same type?  Not sure if we will ever attain "herd immunity".   

I also worry about ever reaching herd immunity 

So glad for Dani, my friends and family, for Israel's remarkable answer to fight covid.  My family there cannot understand the hesitancy so many have here of getting the vaccine.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

I also worry about ever reaching herd immunity 

So glad for Dani, my friends and family, for Israel's remarkable answer to fight covid.  My family there cannot understand the hesitancy so many have here of getting the vaccine.

They say 70% vaccinated adults is herd immunity so hopefully that will be attained.

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was going to say the auction house is a way to go. I know a father and son who run one up here and they have a crew that empty homes and sell the items at their auction house. Now the items are on-line but they actually think they get a better following. 

We used an auction house for my Nana's home when she passed away.    It definitely made the process much easier.       A couple of months before my Nana passed away she had us grandchildren come and sticker what we furniture, etc. that we wanted.   I inherited a beautiful birds eye maple bedroom set as well as lots of unique silver pieces she had in her china cabinet.     Lots of "treasures" that remind me of her on a daily basis.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimbo said:

We have been very busy, moved 3 months ago into our new house in Virginia. Yard work is starting now with mowing, also getting my garden started. Pictures of that to come.

Not sure why the picture just doesn't appear without clicking link. Maybe the mods can fix it please.

95be0a2e78f1e8b0931c1d3feb0fb87d-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp 508.38 kB · 12 downloads

Beautiful setting for your new home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

Did some outdoor work yesterday as the weather has improved around here. I am going to do some more work outside shortly. 

Lucy relaxed while I BBQed some burgers last night. 

6A48B157-C19D-4D13-A020-3E174A7F3216.thumb.jpeg.8eb5886953514711a1d3946f73223111.jpeg

Fertilizer was spread on the corn ground too around the same time.  

108D00FD-557A-4B89-9125-67A75EB9ECB3.thumb.jpeg.aa5032ac1d4be4a1c0689c8833d92ed4.jpeg

Lucy perked up to see what was going on. 

03719F11-DD37-4DF1-AF44-96A4C3F69952.thumb.jpeg.5c951a905ef0992bc4244db3f746ce51.jpeg

Do you worry about Lucy getting the fertiziler on her paws and ingesting it?    

I have not put fertiziler on my back yard for several years as I am always concerned about the effects it would have my cats.      I must admit my front and side yards look much better than my backyard as I fertiziler and put weed n feed down on a regular basis.   

2 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Do you worry about Lucy getting the fertiziler on her paws and ingesting it?    

I have not put fertiziler on my back yard for several years as I am always concerned about the effects it would have my cats.      I must admit my front and side yards look much better than my backyard as I fertiziler and put weed n feed down on a regular basis.   

We don’t actually fertilizer lawn so we’re not too worried about it. And she doesn’t like walking in the corn stubble too much because it scratchy on her paws.

• Like 1

Sad news yesterday, we lost a wonderful neighbor to Covid.    She has been in the hospital for about a month fighting covid.   Last week her Son told me she was doing much better and they were going to start to look to place her into a rehab facility to regain her strength.     She had a blood clots in her legs and one lung that formed while in hospital.   they were able to get the ones in her legs broken up but still had concerns about the one in her lung.    The other day she took a turn for the worst and doctors told the family she was slipping away and to come be with her.    Her husband went into the hospital about 2 weeks ago with double pneumonia from his covid.      He was there to hold her hand as she passed.      I pray he will have the strength to fight his medical issues to be there for his sons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

We don’t actually fertilizer lawn so we’re not too worried about it. And she doesn’t like walking in the corn stubble too much because it scratchy on her paws.

Good girl!     that's funny she goes bouncing around the barn and the hay but doesn't like to walk the corn fields.    

I broke down yesterday and booked one of the Visions out of Bermuda for August.    We had a b2b on Freedom out of cape liberty booked August but I highly doubt that will sail so Eric sure go for it.       Royal allowed me to move the funds I had paid on the freedom sailing to the vision sailing and it's $95 cheaper     I think I will do the same for the 2nd leg and turn our 10 day Freedom sailing into a 14 day Bermuda/Coco Cay sailing.    As of right now, lots of hoops to do with testing and travel authorisations for bermuda but I hope all that improves in the coming months.  At least I have a sailing I feel confident will actually happen this summer.     And the airfare thru A2S is dirt cheap $149 RT pp.

• Like 4

We had emptied out the uncles house months ago and stored what we wanted to keep in our basement. I got so tired of the clutter. This morning after working all week sorting, organizing, washing and display I can finally say I once again have our second family room back to normal. 
I had one helper. 
We adopted 2 turtles over 10 years ago and.     “ slo poke” watched every move I made. Only because he likes to eat.  We know he is male because he has a concave bottom shell. Female turtles have a convex bottom shell to store their eggs till they lay them. 
He always wants fed when we turn on the basement lights and go down stairs.  He eats anything from cat food, shrimp, bologna, feeder fish, to bugs in season. 

Here is slopoke our 10 pound turtle. 

949AE3A7-CF12-4141-90C9-C11867364EC0.jpeg

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Jimbo said:

We have been very busy, moved 3 months ago into our new house in Virginia. Yard work is starting now with mowing, also getting my garden started. Pictures of that to come.

Not sure why the picture just doesn't appear without clicking link. Maybe the mods can fix it please.

95be0a2e78f1e8b0931c1d3feb0fb87d-uncropped_scaled_within_1536_1152.webp 508.38 kB · 14 downloads

Your home and its surroundings are beautiful.  It looks like you have a walk-out basement too.  Wish we could have those here in SE Virginia, but the water table is too high.  It would become an indoor swimming pool. 

19 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

On our way to New Jersey for our family dinner to celebrate 50 long years🥰Tomorrow is the actual day but we have been celebrating all week! Our friend is a Monsignor and pastor of our Church is coming along to bless our next 50🙏

Marietta

Lovely bunch of grandkids and beautiful picture 🌷

Wishing you and Charlie many more precious stones and precious metals anniversaries in health and in happiness 🥰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad news yesterday, we lost a wonderful neighbor to Covid.    She has been in the hospital for about a month fighting covid.   Last week her Son told me she was doing much better and they were going to start to look to place her into a rehab facility to regain her strength.     She had a blood clots in her legs and one lung that formed while in hospital.   they were able to get the ones in her legs broken up but still had concerns about the one in her lung.    The other day she took a turn for the worst and doctors told the family she was slipping away and to come be with her.    Her husband went into the hospital about 2 weeks ago with double pneumonia from his covid.      He was there to hold her hand as she passed.      I pray he will have the strength to fight his medical issues to be there for his sons.

Sad news Debbie.

So sorry to hear your neighbour has died of covid19.

Hopefully her husband will overcome his double pneumonia and covid19.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sad news yesterday, we lost a wonderful neighbor to Covid. 

Very sad news, so sorry for her family and for you.

This nasty virus plays havoc with the prognosis -- had several acquaintances who were on the mend, and, suddenly, took a turn for the worse and died in a matter of hours....😢

• Like 1