Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

19 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

J&J folks are fine opting for a second J&J.

I don’t have any inside info. Only what the CDC said. I wish our local doctors would speak up more. 
Edited to say I went back and reread where I got my info. 
I had a real senior moment. 
what was said is that all J&J recipients over the age of 18 are eligible to receive boosters of any of the 3 vaccines, as long as it has been more than 2 months since their last shot. They do not have to have any underlying health problems. 
I somehow conflated that to mean J&J was less desirable. 

Edited by jagsfan

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. I was half tempted once I cross the threshold from the gangway and on to the ship to kneel down and kiss the floor then thought of all the passengers shoes that had been walking on it and thought maybe not.

No, don't do that.  Just hug all the crew members you see.  When we were going on Ovation in September, I pictured some officers and crew members lined up right inside the ship welcoming passengers as they got on the ship and I was going to hug each of them.  And I knew there would have been tears involved.  But there was nobody there to welcome us so I was saved from the wet eyes.  LOL.  I think I remember when we went on Celebrity, they had some crew lined up inside the ship and handed champagne to passengers as they got on.

• Like 4

After the main meal, the family changed to Moroccan style dresses, and the dancing continued....

The mother, the sisters and the bride in pink. At the last moment, the groom joined them.

You'll have to excuse me, being so short, everybody towered above me for taking pictures....................😢

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 7

29 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

I thought only the Rabbi and Bride and Groom stood under the chuppa?

No. The extended family joins, depending upon the "relations" between relations...

Apart from the parents [the groom's are divorced, they stood far from each other], also the grandmother, and the sisters and brothers.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

www.kahi.co.il

אולמי קאי של השף מושיק רוט, אנחנו עכשיו בדרך לשם, בפקקים

Chef Moshik Roth, who had a 2* Michelin restaurant in Amsterdam, closed it due to Covid, returned to Israel and opened this venue a fee months ago 😁

Dani I had a hard time finding out where the location is.  I solved it by clicking the directions button on the website and put in my SIL's old address in Ramat Gan.  It seems like it's out of the way or as we say "eck velt".  I think North of Netanya, South of Hadera?  

Anyway, you looked smashing and elegant!  Red blouse was a perfect choice. Yes, I remember how informal Israeli weddings can be.  You, however, were a star!  Place looks amazing but sorry the food was disappointing.  The chuppah was a beautiful backdrop for your picture.  You did it justice!  Just how many people were there?  Looked like 1,000 for sure.  There were 250 at my wedding in Israel of which only 10 were from my side. 

58 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Moderna and Pfizer boosters are exactly the same substance as the primary series. However, the Moderna booster is a smaller dose than the original.

That's what we had, Moderna 3rd shot. So I wonder after 6 months of the 3rd shot, what next??  I fear covid will still be here but our vaccine immunity will diminish.  A shot every 6 months?

9 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

That's what we had, Moderna 3rd shot. So I wonder after 6 months of the 3rd shot, what next??  I fear covid will still be here but our vaccine immunity will diminish.  A shot every 6 months?

I'm quite sure both Pfizer and Modena would love that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ocean Boy said:

Moderna and Pfizer boosters are exactly the same substance as the primary series. However, the Moderna booster is a smaller dose than the original.

I thought I heard they were making updated pfizer booster that has been tweaked to help with variants, such as Delta?  Have you heard anything about that?

43 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Beautiful shirt. You look great. The wedding venue is beyond beautiful.

Last time I whooped it up at a wedding I wore 2 different shoes to work the next day.😱

I took off the shoes "periodically" under the table, and then the moment we were back in the car.... I walked barefoot from the parking into the building, since the shoes "refused" to go back....

Luckily, I don't have to work tomorrow 😉

13 minutes ago, BonTexasNY said:

Dani I had a hard time finding out where the location is.  I solved it by clicking the directions button on the website and put in my SIL's old address in Ramat Gan.  It seems like it's out of the way or as we say "eck velt".  I think North of Netanya, South of Hadera?  

Yes, just north of Netanya (Emek Hefer). Lots of wedding venues there, turns out. The land is cheaper than Tel-Aviv....

Just how many people were there?  Looked like 1,000 for sure.  There were 250 at my wedding in Israel of which only 10 were from my side. 

Seems like 400. I'll ask tomorrow, they stayed the night at the venue.

A shot every 6 months, or not [Hamlet...]. That is the question....

And the answer here is that, accordingly to "measurements", the 3rd shot is, like his name, a "booster", namely, it boosts your immunity 10 fold [or something]. So the experts expect it to last even one year.

Our friend, who got Covid just after his 3rd shot, was hospitalized and very close to intubation, had his antibodies checked... He has more than 40.000, whereas before the 3rd shot he had 50, which he says is practically nothing.

Being a physician, he somehow succeeded in getting a serological test....

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I thought I heard they were making updated pfizer booster that has been tweaked to help with variants, such as Delta?  Have you heard anything about that?

I have heard they are doing something but it doesn't involve the present booster.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thank you so much. I was half tempted once I cross the threshold from the gangway and on to the ship to kneel down and kiss the floor then thought of all the passengers shoes that had been walking on it and thought maybe not.

We are family!!

Too bad that there is no music on this board because we could sing the song😀

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arzeena said:

Lenny, 

I believe in prayers and miracles too.  So happy about Mallory. Hope Toby is doing fine.

Toby is doing well.I had to go for a haircut today.It was 8 weeks.I was waiting for her to be able to take me.I could not ask family members because they have been doing so much for us lately.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

After the main meal, the family changed to Moroccan style dresses, and the dancing continued....

The mother, the sisters and the bride in pink. At the last moment, the groom joined them.

You'll have to excuse me, being so short, everybody towered above me for taking pictures....................😢

No idea why but CC would not allow me to quote your earlier photos.  You are gorgeous in that blouse, you definitely shine.   Looks like everyone is having a wonderful time.

PS.  I like how typed Bucket for the picture of bouquet💐

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Me too.  Eric put heat on other night and I made sure to turn off when I woke up.  I delay as long as possible.

We have been using a winter blanket every night since last Sunday and had the heat on once .By November 15 we normally dress for Winter.

9 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

We have been using a winter blanket every night since last Sunday and had the heat on once .By November 15 we normally dress for Winter.

I love snuggling in my fluffy down comforter.   

When we leave lbi later this week we will set heat for 60 since no one else is staying here till maybe thanksgiving.