Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

As a Florida friend put it, Florida is just a swamp that humans have turned into livable space. The swamp is constantly trying to take everything back. 

I believe that is what is says on the sign at the GA / FL border on 75. 

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

Oh well maybe 2021

This is become second most common response in my house.  Right behind "I don't know, ask Google."

Sorry to hear about your trip, and especially your poor dog.  

Edited by Domino D

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Political and religious discussions are typically a bad idea in most settings.  What I'm about to say may be similar...

I'm considering getting a Kamado Joe rather than a Big Green Egg.  Several online comparisons make the Joe look better than the BGE.  There...I said it.  @John&LaLa, @Milwaukee Eight - have at it.

Not an issue. Personal preference. I know BGE has a great warranty. I SIL cracked his. He bought it second hand and BGE replaced it. My band/spring rusted out. BGE replaced and supplied the labor to do so. 

Enjoy your Joe. Big Green Egg sure sounds better than Kamado Joe. BGE made in the USA. 

M8

2 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Since I've started this thread, I had to google --

1. Thin blue line 

@Milwaukee Eight

2. Amelia Island. @bobmacliberty

3. C-rats. @dave&kathy

4. Scalloped potatoes @A&L_Ont

5. Plantation Bay @Milwaukee Eight

6. Spatchcock turkey @John&LaLa

It is fun expanding my "borders" 😁, Thanks

Great thread BTW. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ATG said:

My favorite is 

Goodbye Peaches 

Hello Beaches 

I’m always excited to see it.

We've been traveling from Ohio to Florida via I-95 from South Carolina to Florida.  Every time I see the Welcome to Georgia sign going from SC to Georgia, I want them to modify the sign so that it includes, "Please enjoy 3 lanes".  I do not enjoy I-95 in SC.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we're still holding out hope for Dreams Tulum in Feb, but it's not looking good!

After that is Maldives in September 2021 and I actually feel less likely about the chances of that one happening that Tulum. 😞

Maldives.  You absolutely have to take that trip!  We need to live through your reporting and pics!😊

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

I was planning a stop in Singapore -- Singapore is amazing. We splurged for 2 nights (before a cruise) at the cheapest room at Marina Bay Sands just for the pool. Boy, how I'm happy now that I've done that!

oh, no that is definitely still happening but it's not a cruise. That trip will be over 2 weeks long and I'm planning out every day. It will be somewhere March -May in 2022. April-May are excellent months to visit.

1 hour ago, singinalot said:

we're still holding out hope for Dreams Tulum in Feb, but it's not looking good!

After that is Maldives in September 2021 and I actually feel less likely about the chances of that one happening that Tulum. 😞

I hope your wrong.  Remember your Tennyson

“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

so so so hoping to be wrong 🙂 🤞🙏🏻

There are days where staying positive feels like all that is left.  The world seems to need to positivity now more than ever, and that is so odd come from me, a devout fatalist. (Of course we both know I am calorie deprived and possibly getting loopy 😵)

• Haha 1

So today in lockdown was busy but productive.  I got past my writers block and got most of the report done.  A little editing tonight and it should be good to go.  On the down side, I also spent to much time settling arguments between associates.  So many people are out of work, that those of us lucky enough to have work need to be thankful.  Problem is, many of us are burning out from a lack of time off. Too many people not working, too many people over worked.  Seems like we ought to be able to spread that out.  Such a weird year.  

To end the work day, just saw where they announced the Sexiest Man Alive yesterday.  Once again, 60 years in a row, it isn't me.  Oh well, 2021 here we come. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Domino D said:

So today in lockdown was busy but productive.  I got past my writers block and got most of the report done.  A little editing tonight and it should be good to go.  On the down side, I also spent to much time settling arguments between associates.  So many people are out of work, that those of us lucky enough to have work need to be thankful.  Problem is, many of us are burning out from a lack of time off. Too many people not working, too many people over worked.  Seems like we ought to be able to spread that out.  Such a weird year.  

To end the work day, just saw where they announced the Sexiest Man Alive yesterday.  Once again, 60 years in a row, it isn't me.  Oh well, 2021 here we come. 

Must ask, Is that a dancing bear for your avatar?