Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

33 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Must ask, Is that a dancing bear for your avatar?

Yes, it made me smile when I saw it.  So I used it.  

I am also familiar from younger years with the band, and subsequent reference.   I have seen them in concert a few times, but my brother in law was the one who followed them around one year. 

Edited by Domino D

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

How can ONE be quarantined with 2 MILs?? 

Asking for a friend 😆

One for me, one for Lisa. 😂

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Let's hope for something much better: Owen, early in the summer break "I'd like a cruise" 🥰

One can only hope. As cases go up I can only suspect our border with the States will continue to remain closed for a while. I’m afraid it won’t be open until a vaccine has been administered to many of the masses. 

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Our next travel plans are for Feb 2022. It will be a long winter.

Agreed.  We have a cruise planned October 2021 and March of 2022 but hope to book some once things get going again. 

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

We are right behind you November 2021

I really hope it happens.  In all honesty I am apprehensive that I will be cancelling our October NRD cruise for a FCC next summer. Lisa and I were chatting about doing something next October like flying to the ranch in Alberta, or the cottage for a week, or the condo in Florida. All depends on so many things. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, island lady said:

And I love my swamp!!  The neighbors walking by my back yard are in fact very quiet and friendly!  😉

Glad to see  you're sitting/standing in the perfect place to take a picture of your neighbor. Later gator. 🍷

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

One for me, one for Lisa. 😂

One can only hope. As cases go up I can only suspect our border with the States will continue to remain closed for a while. I’m afraid it won’t be open until a vaccine has been administered to many of the masses. 

Agreed.  We have a cruise planned October 2021 and March of 2022 but hope to book some once things get going again. 

I really hope it happens.  In all honesty I am apprehensive that I will be cancelling our October NRD cruise for a FCC next summer. Lisa and I were chatting about doing something next October like flying to the ranch in Alberta, or the cottage for a week, or the condo in Florida. All depends on so many things. 🤦‍♂️

I heard the Canada/USA boarder closed for another month. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've not been here much over the last week.  We've been busy closing on our new house on Amelia Island...as far northeast as you can go and still be in the state of Florida.  We are now officially Floridians with FL driver's licenses, car registrations, voter registrations, bills to pay, etc.  We still have our house in Ohio and plan to sell it next spring/early summer.  We have between now and then to determine what to move and what to sell/donate/throw away.

Our original plan was to build a new home, but there are not a lot of places to build new on Amelia Island.  Many homes on the island are 20+ years old and in need of renovation.  Plan B was to buy an older house and do a complete reno.  We'd be able to make it just the way we'd want it.  Looks easy enough on the HGTV shows.  We ended up finding a 3 year old house that was 90%+ what we would have done if building new. A little tweaking and it will be almost perfect.  I say almost because it has a 2 car garage with no room to expand to 3 cars. ☹️ 

We've started the fun part of designing the rooms.  Tying into a previous discussion on this thread, my wife is the designer.  She picks the styles/colors and will occasionally ask me what I think, mostly as a courtesy because it doesn't really matter what I think.  I just need to worry about whether furniture is comfortable enough (which is a challenge given that I'm 6 feet tall and she is 5' 2") and how choices will impact the budget.  I own all of the technology choices (keeping in mind the WAF) but she owns just about everything else.

I'm already seeing some of the differences between living in Ohio vs. Florida, beyond just the weather.  We had to set up a contract with a bug service for regular treatment.  As a Florida friend put it, Florida is just a swamp that humans have turned into livable space. The swamp is constantly trying to take everything back.  And since there is no basement, we'll really be missing that 3rd car garage for storage!

Congratulations!  I wish you many years of happy times in your new home.  Enjoy settling in🤗

• Thanks 1

So, we did 4 nights in Singapore prior to the cruise to China.  First night we stayed at the hotel at the airport since we arrived at like 1AM... it was actually a very nice hotel.  Then we transferred to the Marina Bay Sands hotel.  We booked a club level suite, and fortunately for us as we had a heck of a time finding restaurants.  So, we ate breakfast and dinner (snacks think diamond lounge mostly there).  The pool is amazing, but not being big pool hangers we only spent a few hours there one day.  The gardens attached to the property are amazing with a couple of biospheres to look at plants that were pretty spectacular.  Singapore was one of my favorite parts of that trip, but it was so hot.  Good lord walking at night at 10PM was still nearly 100degrees F.  

I would like to spend more time in Singapore, but not sure we will ever return.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

I would like to spend more time in Singapore, but not sure we will ever return.  

I lived there as a child when my father, who was in the forces, was stationed there. I seem to remember that it was generally thought it takes six months to acclimatise to the heat. 

We were meant to be going back for a holiday to Thailand and Singapore at the end of last April but covid put an end to that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Bet you don't go outside in the dark too often! Still, pretty awesome. We have mosquitoes that big.

Gosh yes, I remember the mosquitos in Michigan where I grew up...nasty....and the biting black flies.  😮 

13 hours ago, davekathy said:

Glad to see  you're sitting/standing in the perfect place to take a picture of your neighbor. Later gator. 🍷

Gosh yes.  I like having a wall between me and "Mr. Toothy".  😉   🐊 

Actually he was one of the smaller ones.  Have a much bigger one that likes to stroll through the back yards going to visit his girlfriend in one of the other ponds.  😮

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

No official travel planned now until October 2021.🤞

Nice!  I am still waiting for the next round of cancellations to happen, to clear my cruise schedule until end of May (which I am hoping will happen...25th anniversary cruise).  

Have 3 months scheduled in rental homes in northern Maine for this summer.  Will be enjoying that at least.  🙂 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We've been traveling from Ohio to Florida via I-95 from South Carolina to Florida.  Every time I see the Welcome to Georgia sign going from SC to Georgia, I want them to modify the sign so that it includes, "Please enjoy 3 lanes".  I do not enjoy I-95 in SC.

Neither do I...Ugg!!  Worst part of an I-95 travel.  🥴

15 hours ago, vettprincess said:

I booked a cruise for 12/12/2021. Could not wait any longer. 

I still have a B2B Harmony booked (pre-Covid)...11/28 & 12/5/21.  Even applied FCC deposit vouchers to them.  Hoping we finally get back to cruising by then as well.