Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

13 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

I heard the Canada/USA boarder closed for another month. 

I am thinking extension of cruise ship ban in Canada will happen again also.  There goes the 2021 Alaska season.  Glad I don't have one booked this year.  😮 

Was tough losing the B2B Radiance we had booked for last August.  😞 

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Gosh yes, I remember the mosquitos in Michigan where I grew up...nasty....and the biting black flies.  😮 

2 hours ago, KirkNC said:

Yes, black flies are the worst 🪰

11 minutes ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Horseflies!

1 minute ago, island lady said:

We have Deer flies/Yellow flies AND Horseflies here.  All very "ouch"!!  

I don't know if this is an open list, but if it is, I would like to enter Wasps on it. 

If there are rules, please ignore. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Domino D said:

I also spent to much time settling arguments between associates. 

One of my oldest clients was a candidate for the Head of Ob/Gyn Dept. in a big hospital, along with 30 others. My DH and I helped him with all the formalities and scanning of the different diplomas, a long and arduous process.

We were very happy for him when he won. It was a huge achievement, fulfilling his dream to get to the "top"...

After a few weeks, I had the occasion to actually speak with him, not only texting and emailing.

I've asked him how he finds the new "job". He told me that never in his dreams he thought all he will be doing is "settling arguments [and disputes] among doctors", everyone of them with a huge ego. He felt like a teacher in the kindergarten....

I, for one, was very surprised 😕

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

I don't know if this is an open list, but if it is, I would like to enter Wasps on it. 

If there are rules, please ignore. 

Wasp away!!  Bite, sting...all ouch!   

Another bug pest....but at least they only bite the paint on cars....Love Bugs!!  😮 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, yogimax said:

Exciting day here... we brought our newest cat (Olive) home after being successfully spayed!

Oh no...there goes her beautiful furry belly for a few weeks!  😉 

Yes, I was a "belly snuzzler" with Katie, my last cat.  Could not help but give her a snuzzle when she laid

on her back sleeping.  She had the sweetest softest furry belly! She would not even open her eyes...and just start purring.  Funny cat.  🙂 

• Like 2

I am considering adopting another cat real soon.     I lost my "fur baby" a couple weeks ago and told myself and DH that I wasnt going to be ready for another cat for a while.   After having her for almost 22 years and feeling so lost without her.    I might have to breakdown and get a "young " cat.    Although I feel guilty when I view some local shelter websites.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, island lady said:

Wasp away!!  Bite, sting...all ouch!   

Another bug pest....but at least they only bite the paint on cars....Love Bugs!!  😮 

Yes, coming back from Destin to Atlanta once, I think we stopped twice to clean them off the windshield.  Whole new type if annoying.

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

I've asked him how he finds the new "job". He told me that never in his dreams he thought all he will be doing is "settling arguments [and disputes] among doctors", everyone of them with a huge ego. He felt like a teacher in the kindergarten....

I, for one, was very surprised 😕

My partner is always talking about bringing in more associates, but honestly at some point I'm no longer doing the actual consulting (that I like), and am just making people share the crayons.  We can all be hard headed, but I can't imagine dealing with overseeing a bunch of Doctors.  Poor man. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I am considering adopting another cat real soon.     I lost my "fur baby" a couple weeks ago and told myself and DH that I wasnt going to be ready for another cat for a while.   After having her for almost 22 years and feeling so lost without her.    I might have to breakdown and get a "young " cat.    Although I feel guilty when I view some local shelter websites.   

Olive made our decision easy.  She adopted us, hanging out in the backyard and begging for food.  Of course, here in NYC she will be strictly a house cat.  Too dangerous out there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, island lady said:

Oh no...there goes her beautiful furry belly for a few weeks!  😉 

Yes, I was a "belly snuzzler" with Katie, my last cat.  Could not help but give her a snuzzle when she laid

on her back sleeping.  She had the sweetest softest furry belly! She would not even open her eyes...and just start purring.  Funny cat.  🙂 

It's interesting how some cats love a belly rub while others with lash out in self defense.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

They don't have "young" cats at the shelters?

In my area they have cats of all ages in the shelters.   Some are abandoned as young as babies, but I don't think I want to do the kitty stage.   

My Cat, Splashes, that recently passed away was the Daughter of a cat named Repo (short for repossession).     

Here's the story.    My Cousin owned an exterminating business and he went to a house where the tenant had a cat (no idea what her name was) and she looked starved, crying for attention and kept following him around.    The tenant of this property kept hollering at the cat to shut up and he kicked her.     After my Cousin finished his job and was leaving out the back door he scooped up the cat as he couldn't stand to watch how this cat was being treated.     He took her home for the night and she ate and ate and ate.   The next day he showed up at my home and she was purring and kissing me and that was it, we fell in love with her.     

I took her to the Vet to get checked out and he said she was probably less than 1 year and to our Surprise she was Pregnant.    She was so skinny we had no idea she was pregnant.    She was early stage of her pregnancy.     She had a litter of 6 kitties and one of them was Splashes.    I knew from the moment I saw Splashes that I was keeping her.    We found good homes for the other babies.   

Repo ended up living to be 21 years old and Splashes just shy of 22 yrs old.   

1 hour ago, yogimax said:

Olive made our decision easy.  She adopted us, hanging out in the backyard and begging for food.  Of course, here in NYC she will be strictly a house cat.  Too dangerous out there.

Perfect!     I am sure she is so happy to be loved and not be out on the streets.    

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I'm sure they both lived to a ripe old age due to the love you bestowed upon them.

The women in my family seem to live to a ripe old age.   My GG lived to be 103.   My Nana lived to be just shy of a 100 and she couldn't have lived longer but she went on her own hunger strike saying she was done and passed about 2 weeks later.     The men, that's another story - LOL!!!

I am sure I will find the perfect cat someday soon or they will find me.

• Like 1

WOW!  food stores are crazy busy in my area.  I went after work tonight figuring the holiday shoppers would be filling stores this weekend.  I couldn't believe how crowded they were tonight.

I did the bulk of my thanksgiving shopping last weekend so I went to get my usual weekly items.

Will pick up my fresh turkey next Tuesday at local farmers market. 

And guess what no paper products of any kind.  The tp fear is back!!   Crazy!

• Like 3

Weather got a bit better here today.  The stump grinder came to finish the last of the stumps from the large storm this summer. Once the corn was harvested he could grind it from the field side, after I split the fence. 

7F3C1D2F-AA83-4077-8762-94C5B7497364.thumb.jpeg.d4102f5c1e2c02e5d43b46a0239b1b15.jpeg

E77326B8-5271-4152-95FD-9BA26AF8AA57.thumb.jpeg.4bb77c11f1eb04d66f54eadb135efa2e.jpeg

99DACE9A-092D-4B25-AE73-06BD131E1A96.thumb.jpeg.e868119e508ba12fae1f1aaf0a29a3c5.jpeg

The finished product. 

E4744C0A-D95B-4FB2-A2C2-D001E66EBC3A.thumb.jpeg.536a8ae491d41d8e17936c5b96cc2450.jpeg

The top of the stump is a bucket filler. I still have to clean up the grindings, the stump hole, and fix the fence.  Nate, feel like a trip to Canada?

6483926C-D610-4B87-9BE1-85DF969C4FD4.thumb.jpeg.9cd89738da79519b30a27a5bf15002f3.jpeg

I did fill 5 other holes from other trees.  Biggest is left for tomorrow along with some other outside jobs. @singinalot some of them are festive. You should like it. 

Since they are farm cut ditches I just filled the holes with grindings not fresh dirt. Going to sleep well tonight. 

E55B64BF-3865-44F9-8133-F680D91706AA.thumb.jpeg.4092439b3db9b54c31c0b82193694ccc.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1