"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?

16 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Same here,   My DH and I helped my Dad replace his roof a couple years ago (tear off and replaced a couple pieces of roof decking, new tar paper and architectural shingles.    We had a blast.    

I am not all that good at spackle,  I have been told I go to heavy with it. but I same here I can hang the sheetrock and tape it.   

We did our own EP Henry paver patio and absolutely love the design we did!     Always proud of our finish product every time I sit out there.   

The house we are in now is ready for a kitchen makeover and that was on my plans for this year but we have been so busy with work that we just haven't had the time.

We definitely have to meet sometime on a cruise in 2021!!

Yes, we do!  🙂 

46 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Don’t think I have tried that. We generally get our pizza dough from Publix. 

I still haven't tried one yet. I'm curious how it works. I'd think all the heat would leave when I open it, and since it only cooks a few minutes, how does it recover that fast 

9 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Try a propane heated deep fryer.  Best turkey I've ever had. 

We have a fry-a-thon every year.  Tempura batter on mushrooms, shrimp, pickles, asparagus, sweet potato chips, onion rings, avocado and finally a few turkeys,  Best turkey every and just eating all day while watching football.  

12 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes that is a beautiful area.  I was suppose to be last May, but....you know what happened.

Rebooked for next year.

Looking forward to seeing your adorable summer cottage!

I hope it will happen, but still not 100% it will.   For now, though...we are not driving the "land yacht" up there this summer, instead renting four different houses in different areas to do our real estate shopping, and try to make a dent in the supply of fresh seafood up there.  😉 

My 'routine' day was to Heathrow, first time since March to give my passes and uniform back. My airline has finally announced redundancies due Covid, and as I was planning to retire next year I have jumped  before I was pushed 😬

After working full time for 48 years, 41 of them in aviation, life sure is going to be different.  Not quite the retirement my husband and I planned, but hopefully we will be traveling the world soon. 

12 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Hi Vett

Kowalski's and Subway took away their outdoor seating.

How about Bachman's on Lyndale. There's indoor seating by Patrick's.

I thought it was supposed to be warmer!

HI: That would be perfect. 12:30 work for you? Please bring Bailey & Sophie photos.

Finally we get to meet. And discuss RCL cruise plans!

47 minutes ago, sgmn said:

My 'routine' day was to Heathrow, first time since March to give my passes and uniform back. My airline has finally announced redundancies due Covid, and as I was planning to retire next year I have jumped  before I was pushed 😬

After working full time for 48 years, 41 of them in aviation, life sure is going to be different.  Not quite the retirement my husband and I planned, but hopefully we will be traveling the world soon. 

You work your whole life to reach that point,  enjoy it no matter how you got there.  Hopefully you'll be travelling soon.

14 hours ago, singinalot said:

yep baby steps n learning what works best for you! 👌🏻 brace soul going into the holidays!

Made it 16 hours, not too bad.  Will definitely need a few days to acclimate before doing morning cardio though.  Would not have wanted to run this morning.

1 minute ago, Domino D said:

Made it 16 hours, not too bad.  Will definitely need a few days to acclimate before doing morning cardio though.  Would not have wanted to run this morning.

HA! I remember the first (& only!) time I attempted cardio on IF....ended up on the gym floor drinking a powerade and eating a protein bar. *facepalm*

16 hours ago, Domino D said:

Perhaps you missed the earlier post.  Some of us have begun intermittent fasting!

There was an admin assistant at the engineering office where I worked that always had a bowl of candy on her desk.  She called it her Engineer salt lick.  People would sometimes complain to her, as they were eating the candy, that the candy was not good for them.  Her response was always, "don't blame me for your lack of self-control"  😁

1 hour ago, sgmn said:

My 'routine' day was to Heathrow, first time since March to give my passes and uniform back.

I feel for you. At least, you were planning anyhow to retire, albeit later.

Our eldest son was a flight attendant with El Al until December 31st, 2019.

95% of the FAs are laid off automatically after 5 years. He has done 2 "stints", since he liked very much this "way of life" -- he's not the "nine to five" type... Was very disappointed the 2nd time that he didn't make it with the few who were left "in reserve".

We also took "advantage" of him by buying reduced tickets and flying business long-distance, and, before he left, we bought lots of tickets for this year, which NOW are useless.

Wishing you to be back on board very soon and enjoy the service of your former peers 😁 

13 hours ago, singinalot said:

thinking about getting Nate one...well me mostly 🤣 

Political and religious discussions are typically a bad idea in most settings.  What I'm about to say may be similar...

I'm considering getting a Kamado Joe rather than a Big Green Egg.  Several online comparisons make the Joe look better than the BGE.  There...I said it.  @John&LaLa, @Milwaukee Eight - have at it.

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Decorated the golf cart tonight

Nice job!!  Do you have a Christmas golf cart parade in your community as well?  Ours is December 16th this year, an annual event.  They give awards for "best in show".   Most of the residents opt to sit in golf carts to watch the decorated carts go by as they parade along the route, cocktails in hand of course 😉 .   

We have not been part of the parade, but may do so some year.  They really go all out with the decorations.  Reminds of the boat parade we always loved to watch in Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach.  😄 

16 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

They were also around 1000 sqft with fairly flat roofs. My 'ranch' is probably 4 times bigger

Reminds me of most of Merritt Island...built during the first of the NASA space race.   Indeed 1000-1200 square foot solid single story "bunker" style concrete block houses constructed in the 60s.  

Continuing our lockdown just cancelled our second possible trip to the Keys.  Dog has an infection that is not clearing up.  (Yes I am cramming pills down her was that this thread?)  COVID cases heading in the wrong direction with the Keys being a worse spot than where we live.  Oh well maybe 2021

Just now, molly361 said:

Continuing our lockdown just cancelled our second possible trip to the Keys.  Dog has an infection that is not clearing up.  (Yes I am cramming pills down her was that this thread?)  COVID cases heading in the wrong direction with the Keys being a worse spot than where we live.  Oh well maybe 2021

Aww...don't you just hate it when our poor little furry children are sick.  Always made me feel so helpless, would rather I was sick than them.  Hope she gets better soon!  Sorry you will miss your

trip to the Keys, I know you were looking forward to it.  

Just back from yet another visit to yet another kitchen/bath design store for a quote.  Trying to get our custom cabinets chosen, priced out, and built for the bathroom.  Will do our own demo, installation, electric, and plumbing....but have the company install the big vanity top.  This one showed promise and even got to walk through the granite/quartz yard to pick out the slab. 

Wouldn't mind having someone else do the whole thing, but Bucky is a perfectionist...and I don't want to hear the complaints for months on what they did or didn't do.  ugg....   😮  If it does not go in right...he has no one else to blame but himself.  😉 

Current choice has cabinets not delivered until late January or February.  😞