Jump to content

"Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?


Recommended Posts

28 minutes ago, ATG said:

My favorite is 

Goodbye Peaches 

Hello Beaches 

 

I’m always excited to see it.

 

We've been traveling from Ohio to Florida via I-95 from South Carolina to Florida.  Every time I see the Welcome to Georgia sign going from SC to Georgia, I want them to modify the sign so that it includes, "Please enjoy 3 lanes".  I do not enjoy I-95 in SC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, singinalot said:

we're still holding out hope for Dreams Tulum in Feb, but it's not looking good!

 

After that is Maldives in September 2021 and I actually feel less likely about the chances of that one happening that Tulum. 😞

Maldives.  You absolutely have to take that trip!  We need to live through your reporting and pics!😊

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, maggieq said:

Maldives.  You absolutely have to take that trip!  We need to live through your reporting and pics!😊

 

definitely definitely hoping to...We worked hard for the Chase points to pay for the all inclusive for 6 nights!

4 minutes ago, Seville2Cabo said:

On my bucket list. Must take 24 hours to get there. 

because of the flights situation right now it's actually more like 45 right now which is why I'm not sure...prior to COVID it was between 24-31 which was much more doable and I was planning a stop in Singapore

 

Just now, dani negreanu said:

 

You gave up on the cruise to the Holy Land in Sept. 2021? (Nothing against the Maldives, mind you, but we've gathered "here" for cruising, if u know what I mean😁)

 

oh, no that is definitely still happening but it's not a cruise. That trip will be over 2 weeks long and I'm planning out every day. It will be somewhere March -May in 2022.

 

TBH I'm not sure when we'll be cruising again (who is?). It kind of depends on the regulations.

Nate asked me the other day why I look at cruise boards when we aren't cruising. LOL. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

 

I was planning a stop in Singapore -- Singapore is amazing. We splurged for 2 nights (before a cruise) at the cheapest room at Marina Bay Sands just for the pool. Boy, how I'm happy now that I've done that!

 

oh, no that is definitely still happening but it's not a cruise. That trip will be over 2 weeks long and I'm planning out every day. It will be somewhere March -May in 2022. April-May are excellent months to visit.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, singinalot said:

we're still holding out hope for Dreams Tulum in Feb, but it's not looking good!

 

After that is Maldives in September 2021 and I actually feel less likely about the chances of that one happening that Tulum. 😞

I hope your wrong.  Remember your Tennyson

 

“Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering ‘it will be happier’…”

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, singinalot said:

 

so so so hoping to be wrong 🙂 🤞🙏🏻

 

There are days where staying positive feels like all that is left.  The world seems to need to positivity now more than ever, and that is so odd come from me, a devout fatalist. (Of course we both know I am calorie deprived and possibly getting loopy 😵)

Link to post
Share on other sites

So today in lockdown was busy but productive.  I got past my writers block and got most of the report done.  A little editing tonight and it should be good to go.  On the down side, I also spent to much time settling arguments between associates.  So many people are out of work, that those of us lucky enough to have work need to be thankful.  Problem is, many of us are burning out from a lack of time off. Too many people not working, too many people over worked.  Seems like we ought to be able to spread that out.  Such a weird year.  

 

To end the work day, just saw where they announced the Sexiest Man Alive yesterday.  Once again, 60 years in a row, it isn't me.  Oh well, 2021 here we come. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Domino D said:

So today in lockdown was busy but productive.  I got past my writers block and got most of the report done.  A little editing tonight and it should be good to go.  On the down side, I also spent to much time settling arguments between associates.  So many people are out of work, that those of us lucky enough to have work need to be thankful.  Problem is, many of us are burning out from a lack of time off. Too many people not working, too many people over worked.  Seems like we ought to be able to spread that out.  Such a weird year.  

 

To end the work day, just saw where they announced the Sexiest Man Alive yesterday.  Once again, 60 years in a row, it isn't me.  Oh well, 2021 here we come. 

Must ask, Is that a dancing bear for your avatar?

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, vettprincess said:

Must ask, Is that a dancing bear for your avatar?

Yes, it made me smile when I saw it.  So I used it.  

 

I am also familiar from younger years with the band, and subsequent reference.   I have seen them in concert a few times, but my brother in law was the one who followed them around one year. 

Edited by Domino D
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

How can ONE be quarantined with 2 MILs?? 

 

Asking for a friend 😆


One for me, one for Lisa. 😂

 

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

 

Let's hope for something much better: Owen, early in the summer break "I'd like a cruise" 🥰


One can only hope. As cases go up I can only suspect our border with the States will continue to remain closed for a while. I’m afraid it won’t be open until a vaccine has been administered to many of the masses. 

 

3 hours ago, Bailey & Sophie said:

Our next travel plans are for Feb 2022. It will be a long winter.


Agreed.  We have a cruise planned October 2021 and March of 2022 but hope to book some once things get going again. 

 

1 hour ago, Domino D said:

We are right behind you November 2021


I really hope it happens.  In all honesty I am apprehensive that I will be cancelling our October NRD cruise for a FCC next summer. Lisa and I were chatting about doing something next October like flying to the ranch in Alberta, or the cottage for a week, or the condo in Florida. All depends on so many things. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by A&L_Ont
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic's State of the Industry Report - Trends & Future Outlook
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...