Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yesterday afternoon I had a message from my miserable MIL telling me "you need to pick me up a turkey breast, something around 7 or 8 pounds and mashed potatoes with gravy."    Now keep in mind this woman Never says please and thank you!!

So after worked I stopped at food store and picked her a fresh, not frozen, turkey with premade simply mashed potatoes and a jar of turkey gravy.

Took it to her and she immediately screamed and hollered what the hell am I suppose to do with this.  Its raw!!!  I wanted a cooked one like the pictures in the store ad.

She told me to return it and come back with a cooked one and demanded a refund.  She didnt even pay for it!!

She went onto to call me a worthless idiot blah blah blah.  

I came home with with the turkey and told my DH, her Son.  I am done with her.  He agreed!    

Thank god shes not coming to our house for thanksgiving this year!!

Wow she sounds so ungrateful and unpleasant.

At least your husband is backing you and you don't have her for Thanksgiving.

Graham.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

Dani I'm curious how do you feel about Americans traveling to Lebanon?  I'm of Italian and Lebanese decent.  I've been to Italy many times (absolutely loved it, how can you not!). But I'd really love to visit Lebanon some day.

Lebanon is really a beautiful country. I had many friends originating from Lebanon, and also soldiers who had to fight there and were very impressed with how much greenery it has, as opposed to Israel.

Having said that, and living in this region -- just give it time. Sadly, Lebanon is at the crossroads of many "adverse influences", some of them not entirely agreeable with Americans.

You'll want to enjoy your visit, and not be "on your toes" the whole time --

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/lebanon-travel-advisory.html

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Lebanon is really a beautiful country. I had many friends originating from Lebanon, and also soldiers who had to fight there and were very impressed with how much greenery it has, as opposed to Israel.

Having said that, and living in this region -- just give it time. Sadly, Lebanon is at the crossroads of many "adverse influences", some of them not entirely agreeable with Americans.

You'll want to enjoy your visit, and not be "on your toes" the whole time --

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/lebanon-travel-advisory.html

Thank you so much

11 hours ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

It’s crazy. We sold our house to a gentleman from NY. I wonder why all these people are bailing out of NY/NJ/CT  and coming to Florida? 😇

M8

I heard on news (?) that people who move south to Fl or East from California, to get away from whatever, tend to vote like they did back home, influencing voter trends in destination states. I found this interesting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

At dinner tonight at Sharon’s, my MIL’s. She asked us to get eggs from the neighbours in the way over. They have 35 plus new birds and none are laying yet. No eggs. 🤷‍♂️

This guy was digging out sunflower seeds and then cracking them open.

Never having lived on a farm or ranch, at some point will those chickens be told "Hey it's either you start laying eggs, or were going to Colonel Sanders you"? 

In our yard that guy wouldn't get the chance, we technically have squirrel feeders.  The birds only get what is on the ground that squirrels won't eat. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I relocated the BBQ to it’s winter home in the garage, and replaced it with a snowman.  In the spring it’s heat will melt this Frosty. 

I did some other outside stuff today but nothing exciting. Fuel conditioner into the tractors, skid steer, and diesel tanks. Put battery tenders on the trailer winches and parked them away in the barn. Not much left to do outdoors. 

Lisa was busy inside.  She moved some of the furniture around a bit and the new pencil tree was erected. She did a great job.  

The “rest of Christmas” arrives next weekend. 

@A&L_Ont you all have a beautiful home.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Domino D said:

In our yard that guy wouldn't get the chance, we technically have squirrel feeders.  The birds only get what is on the ground that squirrels won't eat. 

We have squirrels around here, but they have natural predators.  They also eat the corn cobs that the combine misses.  They don’t touch the bird feeders. The morning doves do eat what the other birds throw down though. They don’t eat from the feeder for some reason. 

We also have an owl that I hear at night, usually around 4am. I wished he’d come out in the daytime and take out the squirrels.  Believe it or not there are also some eagles around here. 

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

They also eat the corn cobs that the combine misses.  They don’t touch the bird feeders.  

Never thought about offering the squirrels something better.

My wife has gone to great lengths to combat the squirrels, but they are amazing problem solvers.  One day I told her I was kind of on the squirrels side.  Everyone feeds the birds, who do nothing to ear the food, and fight the squirrels who work really hard to get a meal. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Domino D said:

our squirrel feeders go out tomorrow. 
last year a couple of the squirrels should have tried out for the Olympic gymnastics team the way we boobie trap the feeders and they still get to the sun flower seeds. 
once their training commences I’ll post pictures. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lionesss said:

our squirrel feeders go out tomorrow. 
last year a couple of the squirrels should have tried out for the Olympic gymnastics team the way we boobie trap the feeders and they still get to the sun flower seeds. 
once their training commences I’ll post pictures. 

Please do.  We too have add hours of entertainment watching Cirque Du Squirrel.  Contortionists, trapeze artists, and aerialists.  One jumped out of the tress and grabbed the edge of the baffle on the way down.  We saw him fail 10 to 15 times.  When he finally did it we forgot we were suppose to be keeping him out, and cheered. 

12 minutes ago, Domino D said:

My wife has gone to great lengths to combat the squirrels, but they are amazing problem solvers.  One day I told her I was kind of on the squirrels side.  Everyone feeds the birds, who do nothing to ear the food, and fight the squirrels who work really hard to get a meal. 

At my parents house, my dad had his beloved avocado tree. Once the local squirrels found out they loved avocados, the fruit was gone. I got a pellet rifle and took care of his avocado eating squirrels. Silent but deadly. My dad had avocados until his death. 😎

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Domino D said:

See my post #?  

2 hours ago, grapau27 said:

Wow she sounds so ungrateful and unpleasant.

At least your husband is backing you and you don't have her for Thanksgiving.

Graham.

Yes, he is a wonderful man and knows all to well what a beast she is.   While I was decorating for holidays outside he phoned her.   He firmly told her to leave me alone and how I dont deserve her treating me that way.   Apparently I was going to take her to her Dentist next Friday.   First we heard that one.  We are both at work next Friday.    He told her no need to go for a routine visit and wait till next year when covid cases improve.   He gave her name and phone number of local restaurant that she can get a precooked turkey from and left at that.    

Good man!!   Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Domino D said:

Never having lived on a farm or ranch, at some point will those chickens be told "Hey it's either you start laying eggs, or were going to Colonel Sanders you"? 

Those hens look fairly young.  They need to be 6 months approximately before they start laying.  The time of year also has a lot to do with how much they lay.  Winter is not an ideal time for maximum egg production.  Mine were always on the retirement plan when they got older and I even had a hen still laying at age 6.  I figured by that time they were too old to Colonel Sanders and they could teach the young ones how to behave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

At my parents house, my dad had his beloved avocado tree. Once the local squirrels found out they loved avocados, the fruit was gone. I got a pellet rifle and took care of his avocado eating squirrels. Silent but deadly. My dad had avocados until his death. 😎

Yeah I thought of that, but then the squirrel circus would end.  Your dad wanted those advacados, so your action was required.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, singinalot said:

full day of errands and home updates here...

pup got a hairs cut

hooked up the projector

put the final 2 chairs together

organized the basement and took 3 trunk fulls of stuff to donation

gym

and a trip to Lowe’s....that ending with a fun little removal and install light fixture to cap off the dining room. pics below of when we first bought the house (ugly 13 yr old carpet, brown walls, and light fixture that wasn’t centered, final product tonight, plus the projector 

You have to love a productive day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1