Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

35 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I'm still trying to find a lawn mowing service. 

If your neighbours have lawn services, hit up the cutting crews when they are there.  If the boss isn't there, ask for their card or call their head office.  Just let them know that they are already cutting the house beside you, across the road etc... 

If they are already unloaded and working it wouldn't take much to flip to the other side of the property line to do yours. You might have to hit up a few of them and hopefully you will find one.  Just an idea.

It is unfortunate that you don't know the company that did it previous to your purchase and they could have continued on.  

Edit: furniture looks great.

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Dinner at my MIL’s tonight. 

Cesar Salad, with homemade dressing.  Store bought croutons.  Really Sharon. 😉

95CE0B1C-7661-4002-9742-218E621888C6.thumb.jpeg.c8360c8c8073c77f597d712261de7db4.jpeg

Nestled on a 4” bed of baked Parmigiana cheese. 

9DE35D73-70E9-4916-A16F-B2E9E3FA975D.thumb.jpeg.9e3cb3b19c41d81a70928c245cff7016.jpeg

Pork shoulder, mashed potatoes, corn and a bean dish made with bacon, ground meat, molasses and other delicious items. Food coma has now ended. I repeat, has ended.  Owen somehow still had a snack as soon as we returned home. 

All pork products come from a local farm, as in a few miles away, which delivers from their yard. Their name, BaconAcre Farms. MMM, bacon. 

I love my mother-in-law. @Sunshine3601 I’m wish you had this experience VS what you get to experience. 

09C334B3-1F92-47CA-8A60-99FFC252C8C4.thumb.jpeg.c32ebcb2404408973671bf95498ae935.jpeg

That looks amazing.     I love a good cesar salad with a parmesan crisp.    I just may have to add that my menu for thanksgiving.     

Yes, it is sad that my MIL is the way she is.     I was previously married and I love my Ex MIL.    Even though I have been divorced from her Son for 25+ years we still stay in touch on a regular basis.   She is a wonderful cook and I have a lot of her German cooking recipes that I make on a regular basis.    I just don't tell my DH they came from her - LOL!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

If your neighbours have lawn services, hit up the cutting crews when they are there.  If the boss isn't there, ask for their card or call their head office.  Just let them know that they are already cutting the house beside you, across the road etc... 

If they are already unloaded and working it wouldn't take much to flip to the other side of the property line to do yours. You might have to hit up a few of them and hopefully you will find one.  Just an idea.

It is unfortunate that you don't know the company that did it previous to your purchase and they could have continued on.  

I've tried 2 services that do our neighbors yards.  No call back yet.  Will try again tomorrow. The previous owners did not have a service and took care of their own yard. Is that even legal in Florida? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, dani negreanu said:

Wow, looks amazing. I'm a huge fan, but prefer just mozzarella and peperoni, very thick dough.

DH gave up on making the perfect dough, but luckily we found one at a restaurant nearby and order in 😁

My homemade pizzas have evolved through the years.  I love trying out new toppings, and crust types.  Crumbled goat cheese on the pizza is one of our favorites.  😉  It's easy to experiment with new things on a pizza.  🙂  Broccoli topping is a fav also.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Saturday night pizza last night.  Make my own homemade pizza dough, prebake, then get ready with the toppings.  Fresh sliced Portobello mushrooms, diced up onion, garlic, and pepperoni, fresh spinach, Mozzarella, and goat cheese.  Assemble, bake...Mmmm...yummies!  Bucky won't go out for pizza..he wants mine instead.  Luckily I love to make it.  😉 

Yum, yummy. 🍕Pat, do you deliver? 😎 I tip good and have wine and beer. 🍷🍺

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Turkey bought along with toilet paper, YAY(I guess you can’t use toilet paper for stuffing🤪)Stores are mobbed and people are buying anything and everything.  Stores are out of the strangest things.

I thought the same thing the other when they were sold out of iced tea except for raspberry flavor.   Frozen food and vegetables were near sold out too.  Plenty of lima beans and Brussel sprouts.  Lots of turkeys and ham.   I dont want to ever see again the butcher/meat dept empty like last march/april.   

37 minutes ago, island lady said:

My homemade pizzas have evolved through the years.  I love trying out new toppings, and crust types.  Crumbled goat cheese on the pizza is one of our favorites.  😉  It's easy to experiment with new things on a pizza.  🙂  Broccoli topping is a fav also.  😄 

My too favs are. Margherita pizza or spinach and shroom pizza.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Yes, it is sad that my MIL is the way she is. 

I was driving home from the store, I heard this song and it made me think of you. Sad, but kind of funny. I have never heard it before but a quick google search brought about the lyrics of this 60s song. A few classic lines it in. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

5 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I was driving home from the store and I heard this song and it made me think of you. Sad, but kind of funny. I have never heard it before but a quick google search brought about the lyrics of this 60s song. A few classic lines it in. 

IMG_3160.MOV 24.55 MB · 1 download

Oh that is a goodie!!   Thank you I cannot wait to play for hubby when he has half-time.  

1 hour ago, DaniDanielle said:

Turkey bought along with toilet paper, YAY(I guess you can’t use toilet paper for stuffing🤪)Stores are mobbed and people are buying anything and everything.  Stores are out of the strangest things.

Some of the stores around here are back to one door in and one door out and counting people at entrance.  Community we are in is now back to red, with a positivity rate of over 6%.  I did most of the shopping on Thursday at a big grocery store that has lower prices.  I was there before 8am and the place was crowded.  I ordered a fresh turkey from a small, family owned grocery store that I am picking up on Tuesday.  Will pick up the last few things I need then.  Only going to be three of us for dinner, so not doing all the traditional stuff that we would have if we were at my sister's house with 15 of us there.  I was supposed to have my Mom at my house, but we have decided it is best for her to stay where she is in NH.  MA added NH to the unsafe states to travel to on Friday, so technically, she isn't supposed to come to MA unless she quarantines for 14 days or gets a covid test.

I see a lockdown in our near future. 😞 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Yum, yummy. 🍕Pat, do you deliver? 😎 I tip good and have wine and beer. 🍷🍺

LOL!!  Sure...though pizza would be a bit cold by then.  And would the pizza have to wear a mask on the plane?  😷 

You are very good at tempting though.  😄 😄 

• Like 1

Have noticed that the usual really large frozen turkeys are just piled up in the freezer section.   Not a lot of people doing the huge meal.  Small turkey, and turkey breasts bins are empty.  

Got my usual Butterball turkey breast just fine though...but I shopped early.  Just brought it out of the freezer to defrost in the fridge today.   

15 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL!!  Sure...though pizza would be a bit cold by then.  And would the pizza have to wear a mask on the plane?  😷 

You are very good at tempting though.  😄 😄 

Now that you bring up all those challenges, I'll do dine in. What time is HH and dinner? 😃

Edited by davekathy

Finally finished up with the new TV set up.  Couple weeks ago installed the new 65 inch Sony on a swivel wall mount, bought sound bar speakers, and now a new Blu Ray DVD player.  

My cabinet arrived and fit well under the TV.  Next step was to hide that spaghetti mess of wires behind the wall.  Oh Joy that was.  Bucky did well to run them through inside the wall, but I had to connect everything up.  Was about to toss Bucky outside after a bit...he is not a patient type of person.  Was driving me crazy!!  😖

Got it all hooked up.  Last night it was a movie and popcorn after the Pizza.  😄 

20201121_110626.jpg

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Now that you bring up all those challenges, I'll do dine in. What time is HH and dinner? 😃

Since we are old folks, and nothing much better to do in the afternoons now, it's HH at 4 pm, dinner anywhere from 5-6 pm.  I work cheap...just pay for my flight and grocery supply run.  😄 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, island lady said:

Since we are old folks, and nothing much better to do in the afternoons now, it's HH at 4 pm, dinner anywhere from 5-6 pm.  I work cheap...just pay for my flight and grocery supply run.  😄 

Deal. My kind of times as we are well aged also.  Lets see, red and white wines and beer. I like Budweiser (not Bud light). Other than that I suck at grocery shopping. Enjoy your day and your new entertainment center, looks nice.  Did the sound bar come with a subwoofer? 

3 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Deal. My kind of times as we are well aged also.  Lets see, red and white wines and beer. I like Budweiser (not Bud light). Other than that I suck at grocery shopping. Enjoy your day and your new entertainment center, looks nice.  Did the sound bar come with a subwoofer? 

LOL...Bucky not good at the grocery store run either...but he does come with me sometimes.  He loves to have me send him on "a mission" for items in the store.  It's like a scavenger hunt for him, and keeps him out of my hair in the store.  😉  

Yes, sound bar came with wireless Subwoofer.  The sound bar is wired in.  Sony notorious for lame speakers built into the TV set...which I think is just another way to get you to spend money on the sound bar.  🤑

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

I went at 9:30am and it was mobbed. I paused in front of the paper towels and a woman yelled out to me, "just buy it!"

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, island lady said:

LOL...Bucky not good at the grocery store run either...but he does come with me sometimes.  He loves to have me send him on "a mission" for items in the store.  It's like a scavenger hunt for him, and keeps him out of my hair in the store.  😉  

Yes, sound bar came with wireless Subwoofer.  The sound bar is wired in.  Sony notorious for lame speakers built into the TV set...which I think is just another way to get you to spend money on the sound bar.  🤑

I'm not allowed to go shopping with Kathy, nor do I want to. Must be the reason we are still married.  That was determined many, many, many years ago.  When I shop I'm there when they unlock the doors and I know exactly what I want, where it is and the closest cashier to the closest exit. 

Agree. We also have a big screen Sony TV( in the family room and master bedroom) with an add on sound bars and wireless subwoofers. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Have noticed that the usual really large frozen turkeys are just piled up in the freezer section.   Not a lot of people doing the huge meal.  Small turkey, and turkey breasts bins are empty.  

Got my usual Butterball turkey breast just fine though...but I shopped early.  Just brought it out of the freezer to defrost in the fridge today.   

Yes, I noticed the same when I went to pick up my mil a turkey breast Friday night!!

Now I have the 18 pound turkey i picked up last week and a turkey breast.  I am looking into local food banks so I can donate the turkey breast she didnt want.  Awful lot of people out of work this year that I'm sure would love to have it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, marci22 said:

I went at 9:30am and it was mobbed. I paused in front of the paper towels and a woman yelled out to me, "just buy it!"

I heard a woman hollering at her husband when he brought to their cart a 2 pack of paper towels.  He told her that's all they have and limit 1 pack per person.  Poor guy not his fault.    Sometimes you just see the worst in people that you wish you never saw.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I'm not allowed to go shopping with Kathy, nor do I want to. Must be the reason we are still married.  That was determined many, many, many years ago.  When I shop I'm there when they unlock the doors and I know exactly what I want, where it is and the closest cashier to the closest exit. 

Kudos to you and your wife.  Nothing worse than trying to get in and out of a grocery store quickly than a bunch of couple shopping together clogging up the aisles, nattering back and forth over what brand to buy of something to save a couple pennies. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1