Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

20 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Finally, some winter (aka rain) has arrived.

That’s a great looking balcony.  Is it some of the first of your winter weather?

We were blessed to receive 5” so far today. Enough already. 

D82A87D8-C8D1-49E7-AB21-8EEF86FAC41D.thumb.jpeg.af7e57e81f4a2c36c3b1b83fb60153ca.jpeg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s a great looking balcony.  Is it some of the first of your winter weather?

We were blessed to receive 5” so far today. Enough already. 

D82A87D8-C8D1-49E7-AB21-8EEF86FAC41D.thumb.jpeg.af7e57e81f4a2c36c3b1b83fb60153ca.jpeg

At least you report inches instead of centimeters.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s a great looking balcony. Great for entertainment. Lately, we had only one other couple, as to maintain social distancing of 2 meters. 

11 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Is it some of the first of your winter weather?

Yes, it is, 1st rain. We very rarely get snow, and not where we live -- sometimes in Jerusalem (which is higher than us) and the Golan Heights.

A year ago....

P1010758.JPG

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

10 hours and I’ve had enough. I think Lucy has too. 

Andrew, I remember that she has a place in your barn ("farm cat") and hot drinking water, but is there a low temperature which she couldn't withstand? My heart breaks when I see her outside...🥰

6 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

10 hours and I’ve had enough. I think Lucy has too. 

Hopefully you finished all your outside jobs. 

6196DDE3-89D2-4B66-9080-D96B0B8787B1.thumb.jpeg.7c500fd6465bd8e291dd6deab245b5b5.jpeg

Outside work done.  Fired up the snowblower today and ran the lawnmower and trimmer out of gas.  All set.

Tell Lucy that it’s only 118 days until spring. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

After all the grocery shopping, daughter and I went liquor shopping.  We made everyone happy with our banter, so proud of us.  One guy cracked up when she told me to buy the large Belvedere because I deserved it.  We also mentioned that we would have to sneak it into the house so hubby wouldn’t notice it.  Probably that is what he found funny🤪I told the cashier what happens in the liquor store stays in the liquor store.  Mums the word!!!!

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Kudos to you and your wife.  Nothing worse than trying to get in and out of a grocery store quickly than a bunch of couple shopping together clogging up the aisles, nattering back and forth over what brand to buy of something to save a couple pennies. 

At our grocery store, they were announcing that only one person from a family group was allowed in to shop!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, h20skibum said:

At our grocery store, they were announcing that only one person from a family group was allowed in to shop!!

Our food stores did that last March thru May.  I wish they would do again.   Last week I ran into a family of 5 and they all had their masks below their nose!!   Great parents teaching their 3 girls how to be responsible, Not!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Outside work done.  Fired up the snowblower today and ran the lawnmower and trimmer out of gas.  All set.

Tell Lucy that it’s only 118 days until spring. 

Always happy when snowblower starts right up after sitting for months.  I siphoned out gas on my tractor then sat on it in my shed till it  ran out.  Put away all my patio furniture including my outdoor bar.  😢

12 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Our food stores did that last March thru May.  I wish they would do again.   Last week I ran into a family of 5 and they all had their masks below their nose!!   Great parents teaching their 3 girls how to be responsible, Not!

Ugh that drives me nuts

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Kudos to you and your wife.  Nothing worse than trying to get in and out of a grocery store quickly than a bunch of couple shopping together clogging up the aisles, nattering back and forth over what brand to buy of something to save a couple pennies. 

After 42 years of marriage, I believe we've got it figured out. 😏

• Like 4

4 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

Andrew, I remember that she has a place in your barn ("farm cat") and hot drinking water, but is there a low temperature which she couldn't withstand? My heart breaks when I see her outside...🥰

We haven’t had to plug in her heated water dish yet, but her winter bed of shavings has been fluffed for the Queen. She’s good with her heavy winter coat she has been growing out all fall. 

She’s at the side door waiting for a few cat treats.

1 hour ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Does Lucy come inside?    I always found it funny to watch Splashes walk in snow, especially deep snow.

No, she has always been an outdoor cat.

This video was from after a snow fall a few years ago. 

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, island lady said:

Bucky did well to run them through inside the wall, but I had to connect everything up.  Was about to toss Bucky outside after a bit...he is not a patient type of person.  Was driving me crazy!!  😖

Cheers to Bucky from the Husbands Union Hall 🍻

• Like 1
  • Haha 1