Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

7 minutes ago, Domino D said:

It has a stop in Jerusalem!

Well, the nearest "sea" to Jerusalem is the Dead Sea.

I imagine you'll have a stop in Ashdod, and from there a mere 1.5 hour will bring you to Jerusalem 😁

Hopefully, on a world cruise, the stop in Israel will be at least 2-3 days, which should do for getting the "taste".... so much to see, so little time 🌼

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Domino D said:

It has a stop in Jerusalem!

It helps get me through what I'm doing, to remember there are things to look forward to.  

My 111 day retirement cruise would also include Jerusalem as well as Prague, Venice, Beijing, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Istanbul, and a whole lot more.  Of course, a couple would involve a train ride from the ship.

Edited by yogimax

1 minute ago, yogimax said:

My 111 day retirement cruise would also include Jerusalem as well as Prague, Venice, Beijing, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Istanbul, and a whole lot more.

Our hoped for big bucket list cruise (Serenade 2/10-5/16/21) is just waiting for official cancellation...sigh.   Soooo .....now will try again in 2023.  Hoping it will be safe enough by

then...and we are still alive and kicking enough to go by then.  😉 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

Well, the nearest "sea" to Jerusalem is the Dead Sea.

I imagine you'll have a stop in Ashdod, and from there a mere 1.5 hour will bring you to Jerusalem 😁

Hopefully, on a world cruise, the stop in Israel will be at least 2-3 days, which should do for getting the "taste".... so much to see, so little time 🌼

Bingo on the port.  Sort of like going to Petra from Aqaba (sp?).

The cruise is more or less a scouting mission of places to visit (not anywhere long enough to get the full experience).  Some places we'll go back to, some we will get to see and cross of the list.   Corona willing of course.   It will also serve as an immediate message to both myself and clients about me being retired.  

3 minutes ago, yogimax said:

My 111 day retirement cruise would also include Jerusalem as well as Prague, Venice, Beijing, Singapore, Kaohsiung, Istanbul, and a whole lot more.  Of course, a couple would involve a train ride from the ship.

Yeah we are thinking about the same.  Take a train and catch up to the ship a couple days later (If we can work it all out).

4 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Some places we'll go back to, some we will get to see and cross of the list. 

We mainly cruise for the itinerary. Long ago we came to the conclusion that we'll not see everything we'll want to see, so we settle for "tasting"...

For example, Santorini. We wanted to see the caldera. Since we live practically on the beach, a "sun-vacation" holds no appeal to us.

Or Dubrovnic. Or Ephesus.

Even New Zealand -- we have a "rule" as not to be away from our grandkids more than 3 weeks.

So a cruise to NZ, hitting 5 ports, with flights (1-night stay in HK to and 1 from) and a pre-cruise stay of 4 days in Sydney exactly fit the "bill"....

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Today in quarantine.  

1. Trying to determine what metrics will be relevant in 2021 for a client.  When everything is a loss, what does "Good" look like?  For those of you who know finance (or care) looks like Flex and Flow. 

2. Going to test Zoom for Thanksgiving virtual dinner with family around the country.  They are doing unlimited video time on T-Day.  Wonder if they are ready for the onslaught.

3. Send instructions for Zoom to everyone (and then make sure they can get on 3 a day next two days)

3. Measuring to finally wall mount the TV.  Hope to avoid tearing up the wall and use painted conduit.  We shall see if that pans out. 

4. Window shopping my 111 Day Around the World retirement cruise on Princess.  

5. Leaves everywhere today, you know what that means.  Correct, time to call the lawn guys to come do their thing.  

6. Planning time tonight for Christmas cookies

As long as it's an inside wall, it's relatively easy to fish line through a small hole

Edited by John&LaLa

2 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

As long as it's an inside wall, it's relatively easy to fish line through a small hole

Most likely we won't like the look and will end up doing it that way.  Glad to hear it isn't to bad.  I tried "Alexa...Put holes in the wall for me to run wires through."  But it isn't in her core programming I guess. 

• Like 1

To further the AV discussion about wire running. Our AV guys ran this in our walls.

15E045C9-904E-4D68-A855-38AECCBBE130.thumb.jpeg.fda6a378ae1a513adee7b4465ef0a874.jpeg

Correct, that’s sump pump pipe. He said it’s easy to install with new construction, wires run through it easy, and is the most economical product to buy for the job. They just bought it at the local hardware store, Home Depot etc. 

As per M8’s photo, which I adapted, they just ran it between the outlets and attached it to the wall framing before the drywall went up. 

No tips if the drywall is already up. 

620AC1B4-A305-4499-B5A0-2CC4630ACD77.jpeg.0ecfd2e64a05f26d323a2b437cb71d49.jpeg

7E284F80-1351-4DDE-92B1-853932A16C38.jpeg.e00ba40b7ed1264e42766b66e6839fc8.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

Gosh I would love to get to NZ this Spring...but not going to happen.  Booked...but waiting for cancellation.  😞 

Hope you guys will get to go in 2022.  That's what I'm looking at Feb / Mar 2022.  Of course there is a weird race.  The longer Covid lasts, the more likely the kids will have a baby.  Oh well, cruise or grandbaby, I can deal with that choice. 

• Like 1

You guys do know that Trolls live inside the walls right?  Careful when you stick your fingers in there. 😉 😄 

OK...yes, I admit I had a Margarita at lunch today at our favorite Mexican restaurant.  It's Margarita Monday...two for one!  🥃

Now back to our regular scheduled program.....  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Domino D said:

Hope you guys will get to go in 2022.  That's what I'm looking at Feb / Mar 2022.  Of course there is a weird race.  The longer Covid lasts, the more likely the kids will have a baby.  Oh well, cruise or grandbaby, I can deal with that choice. 

Not going to take the chance even with 2022...will wait to book for early 2023.   Have some local cruises booked for early 2022...less painful to have cancelled.  😮 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

To further the AV discussion about wire running. Our AV guys ran this in our walls.

15E045C9-904E-4D68-A855-38AECCBBE130.thumb.jpeg.fda6a378ae1a513adee7b4465ef0a874.jpeg

Correct, that’s sump pump pipe. He said it’s easy to install with new construction, wires run through it easy, and is the most economical product to buy for the job. They just bought it at the local hardware store, Home Depot etc. 

As per M8’s photo, which I adapted, they just ran it between the outlets and attached it to the wall framing before the drywall went up. 

No tips if the drywall is already up. 

620AC1B4-A305-4499-B5A0-2CC4630ACD77.jpeg.0ecfd2e64a05f26d323a2b437cb71d49.jpeg

7E284F80-1351-4DDE-92B1-853932A16C38.jpeg.e00ba40b7ed1264e42766b66e6839fc8.jpeg

Ours was orange as I recall. Worth the upfront expense as we were using a common wall in a townhouse

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 1

Feeling lazy today as the snow melts. Did some paperwork, had a conference call, shovelled some snow and hooked up my mom’s Christmas lights. Did a little on-line Christmas shopping too. 

Just watching Gold Rush, feeling like they do a lot more than me in a day.  Well, at least today that is.😉

9F26B368-2614-4421-A409-A77C9FFE5827.thumb.jpeg.2900f5ee2a6b235459ae91153687b2fc.jpeg

• Like 2