Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

10 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, I watch both as well as Deadliest Catch. On the last episode of Alaska the last Frontier they were fishing and they caught a young Halibut.  It made me think of your trip to Alaska. 

Me too...miss it already.  😉  Loved the Halibut.  I think I already posted pictures of Bucky grilling the fresh Halibut at the cabin that we caught on fishing trip out of Homer.  It was tasty!  Cabin rented from Catkin, Otto's youngest sister.  Otto was pretty cute stopping by to check on us.  Brought him out some wine when we chatted one day, him stopping by on his tractor of course.  

20200823_182619.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 4

55 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Anyone hungry for a snack.... This is going to smell the house up for hours, in a great way.

If needed, the full recipe can be posted. 

3D685922-1025-4BA8-8A89-0FF3DECF466D.thumb.jpeg.bc1409122673eae1d29694623e7db77e.jpeg

7E858C3E-0641-4C4F-89CB-42D893D22554.thumb.jpeg.a35972df7d2ef6b5422f5fd35b87853d.jpeg

78C9FB88-8DE9-4668-8182-0B294238FC60.thumb.jpeg.a4101ad30a1488a8cefc2f043b35072a.jpeg

CB0BDF5C-C644-43C8-B056-EEAD6FA59D43.thumb.jpeg.1ee8d8c988f00adf77b8b1f194aa2d88.jpeg

5A82CE64-1D15-40B8-A389-FD25C14C7E93.thumb.jpeg.e029c43724120f500c81758107dd951d.jpeg

3E10A78C-737F-4C72-AD21-31E960134D3E.thumb.jpeg.3ff1dd6cdebdc7567afb3b17258ccdb4.jpeg

I make a ton of this at Christmas, and I add goldfish. I already have my supplies on hand, so looking at yours I want to go home and make some tonight.

Pat

13 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

That is a recipe for anaphylactic shock for me, tree nut allergy but it sure looks good😷

Throw out them nuts and you are good to go. Maybe add goldfish, shreddies and some of your other favourites and you are good to go.  We don’t need you rolling over on our watch. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

That’s pretty cool.

I know a family in the TV world and the guy on TV is the same guy in real life. I feel that this family is the same way, and your comment solidified my thoughts.

Otto is very welcoming and friendly.  Loved talking to him, and the family we met.  Catkin brought us

fresh veggies from her garden.  It was fun walking through the massive area of property they own and down to the shoreline.  We watched them filming the rebuilding of the old original one room cabin.  Momma Moose and her two young ones walked through the yard one day.  

What you don't see...even though indeed it's a couple miles down a gravel road/two track to get out to the Homestead, and the cabin we were in next door to it...from there it is only 10 miles down a paved road into Homer with all the restaurants, grocery stores, medical, fishing village, shopping, liquor stores, post office, etc.  😉  Not quite as remote as you think.  

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, island lady said:

Otto is very welcoming and friendly.  Loved talking to him, and the family we met.  Catkin brought us

fresh veggies from her garden.  It was fun walking through the massive area of property they own and down to the shoreline.  We watched them filming the rebuilding of the old original one room cabin.  Momma Moose and her two young ones walked through the yard one day.  

What you don't see...even though indeed it's a couple miles down a gravel road/two track to get out to the Homestead, and the cabin we were in next door to it...from there it is only 10 miles down a paved road into Homer with all the restaurants, grocery stores, medical, fishing village, shopping, liquor stores, post office, etc.  😉  Not quite as remote as you think.  

I actually found their homestead on Google Earth a few years ago.  You are indeed 100% right, they aren’t that isolated but they do certainly appear to live off the land. 

I find their show to be much more “realistic”, in the TV way, than Alaskan Bush People.  I’d much rather stay where you did than with the family in Washington. They are a bit to much over the top for me.😉

Edited by A&L_Ont

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

I actually found their homestead on Google Earth a few years ago.  You are indeed 100% right, they aren’t that isolated but they do certainly appear to live off the land. 

I find their show to be much more “realistic”, in the TV way, than Alaskan Bush People.  I’d much rather stay where you did than with the family in Washington. They are a bit to much over the top for me.😉

LOL...interesting about the family in Washington.  😉 

Yeah, our cabin had electricity, running water, washer dryer, dishwasher, WIFI....but no cable TV...(which really made for roughing it).  😉   

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

The Explorer? An even better itinerary, and I, personally, prefer to cruise out of Rome than Barcelona...

If you're talking about the 9 night Greek Isles Explorer cruise that would have left on Aug 30, I would have been on that cruise also.  I found what looked like a great Ephesus guide (named Sado) who promised no shopping.  Was really looking forward to it.  I felt really bad having to cancel on him.  He understood but I got the impression that all of the cancelations were hurting him badly.  Sigh.

6 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Yes, get the silicone case. They are not slippery at all.  Lisa has had 2 of them with a third coming for Christmas. She loves the colours but be forewarned they do get a bit dirty if you choose a light color.

I've been going naked lately.  My phone that is.  I just put a glass protector on the face.  I like the look of the phone better than the case, it's smaller in my pocket, and the phone (XS Max) has survived a few caseless drops without a problem.  It's definitely slipperier than with a case.

3 hours ago, patattack said:

I make a ton of this at Christmas, and I add goldfish. I already have my supplies on hand, so looking at yours I want to go home and make some tonight.

Pat

Try adding raisins.  Yum.  🤣🤣😉

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

If you're talking about the 9 night Greek Isles Explorer cruise that would have left on Aug 30, I would have been on that cruise also.  I found what looked like a great Ephesus guide (named Sado) who promised no shopping. 

No, ours was supposed to cruise September 27th, and included Greek + Italian ports. I've found a slightly similar itinerary on the Apex (Sept. 18th, 2021), which now includes Ephesus. 

In the unlikely event that this next year cruise will be a "go", I really don't know what to do in Ephesus the second time😁

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

I've been going naked lately.  My phone that is.  I just put a glass protector on the face.  I like the look of the phone better than the case, it's smaller in my pocket, and the phone (XS Max) has survived a few caseless drops without a problem.  It's definitely slipperier than with a case.

We used the Belkin wrap around glass protectors on ours. In one year I have had to replace 2 of them on mine from drops and onto hard surfaces.  My clear silicone case has saved the corners from a few nasty dives as well. 

18 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Try adding raisins.  Yum.  🤣🤣😉

Blasphemy. Pure Blasphemy.  I bet you put them in apple pie and carrot cake too. SMH. 🤦‍♂️

😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Lionesss said:

My husbands uncle passed away and we finally got to clean out the last cabinet before the house goes for sale. I cannot believe what an empty house looks like. But. I found these treats in a cabinet. 

17516FFC-EFB4-4283-84E8-2FB2E3BECD0F.jpeg

Sorry for your loss.

That photo looks like a Radiance class ship  maybe Serenade or Jewel ??

14 hours ago, Domino D said:

No cable.  No thank you.

LOL..but I DID have WIFI.  That would have been the "No thank you" for me.  Not much of a TV fan anyway, but we did have DVD movies there to use, plus lots of time on the open back deck with a glass of wine watching the sunset over the mountains and the glaciers across the bay.  

Cable TV..can watch that at home anytime....if I want.  😉 

• Like 2