Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

9 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

51°F and rainy back here in Cincinnati.  I know that's probably better than some of you, but it's 78 °F and sunny at our Florida house.  Question for those who own 2 houses...are you constantly looking at the weather at the house where you're not currently staying?  Can't wait to get back south for good next year.

you should see similar temperatures at your house in Fla next week.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, singinalot said:

thank you!

It looks quite familiar to what @Milwaukee Eight posted, but I use the Pioneer Woman’s recipe and have for years. I adapt it every year depending how I feel. Usually I use all water, but this year I’m trying the cider, too.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.com/food-cooking/recipes/a11882/my-favorite-turkey-brine/

Thanks. Much appreciated.

I spent my entire lockdown in front of my computer working and playing video games in a mean time. I really got bored.. with work lol. There is something special about working on a distance. At least I could enjoy myself in a self-made office that I really love 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Here.....  boil and let stand. Add ice to cool down. Don’t want hot water over Turkey. 

6F9F0034-B82D-4AED-A7CF-1C231F6F9C53.png

Thanks. I now have 3 to try. I've never done it before so I'm looking forward to trying new things. I make a boneless turkey breast at least once a month. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dani negreanu said:

That cake looks amazing. Nice height.

Is it mixed with chocolate? I'm a big fan of cream cheese + chocolate cakes 😁

You make the vanilla cheesecake batter and save two cups of it.  The remaining batter gets poured evenly in the prepared gingersnap cookie crust.  You then melt 3 ounces of either semi sweet chocolate or bittersweet chocolate and mix it into the two cups of batter, turning it into chocolate batter.  The chocolate batter is then poured over the vanilla batter in the pan and then swirled with a knife.  The cheese cake ends up kind of marbled,  

Not a very traditional Thanksgiving dessert but it is a favorite of my husband and son, so since it is only going to be the three of us this year, they wanted cheesecake.  Pies are more traditional, so I made one of those too.  We usually have six different kinds of pies at my sister's house for Thanksgiving.  Hopefully, we will again next year.  🙂 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

Yep, never understood why they tout how attractive the phones are, and then put them in plastic cases

This is one reason that I can understand, although you'd never catch me dead with this particular case. And in the season of giving thanks, thank you for Justin Fields.

image.thumb.png.205410125a7317c79ca28594dd25974c.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got the Butterball turkey breast in the oven.  Apples, onions, butter, bacon, and lots of white wine generously poured on top...and of course much of that wine later on goes into the Chef.  😉 

20201126_090539.jpg

Edited by island lady
  • Like 6

I see how hard many of you are working on Thanksgiving Dinner, and mean no offense.  Breakfast is my favorite meal on any day, including holidays.  Just finished Biscuits with extra sharp cheddar and bacon, hash browns, fruit.  

Don't know if I will even be able to eat turkey.  

Happy Thanksgiving All. 

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, island lady said:

Just got the Butterball turkey breast in the oven.  Apples, onions, butter, bacon, and lots of white wine generously poured on top...and of course much of that wine later on goes into the Chef.  😉 

If like my wife, then all I'll say is "Yeah later"

• Like 1