Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

36 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Today I have an appointment at noon to visit a foster home for maybe a new kitty cat. 

Enjoy your new furbaby.....we all know how these appointments end.

We were that foster home for close to 10 years.  We took in pregnant mothers, mothers with a new batch of kittens or kittens that had been abandoned.  Surprisingly in all that time we only kept one.  It was hard at times as we definitely had our favorites but the reward for us was seeing the look on the adoptive parents faces as they took home their new family member.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, ReneeFLL said:

I haven't been on this thread for about 5 days so I'm catching up. Happy Belated Thanksgiving to all. Mike and I had a lazy day. I slept until 10:00 because I shopped online until 5:00 am. I have been so busy lately that I haven't really thought about what I wanted to shop for. All of a sudden it hit me last night, but I didn't buy very much.

I loved all the food pictures. We had the basics since it was just the 2 of us. Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole and brussel sprouts. I don't make pies and we forget to buy one so we had no dessert. 😫  I posted this picture on another thread, but thought I would post it again. 🤣

20201126_011646.jpg

Ok. I couldn't resist posting it again. I would have loved to have seen the faces of people as they looked at the picture. After all the other posted pictures of the turkeys mine does look odd. 🤣  Here's a few more. Next time I'll do the stuffing and the legs differently.

20201126_092014.thumb.jpg.f8bf5ea08318563c7d6f984061243f6b.jpg

20201126_092059.jpg.3341bb252565acc9d7307671538b11d1.jpg

20201126_124623.jpg.6f43928ece7d88e208d3dc2fbc593a93.jpg

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 3

Graham...just catching up on this thread.  So sorry to hear you had Covid...OMG...what a horrible thing to get with your heart condition.  Happy you are making it through..but I bet it was scary for you and Pauline for awhile.  😮 

Stay well, hope the recovery continues.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Sorry to be late to the party on this great long running thread.

Hi Harry.  Glad to see that you made it.  Hopefully you can stay a while and share some of your great photos.  You can never see too many rocks!  I'm still (hopefully) planning a national parks trip out west next spring and have your posts bookmarked.

25 minutes ago, island lady said:

Graham...just catching up on this thread.  So sorry to hear you had Covid...OMG...what a horrible thing to get with your heart condition.  Happy you are making it through..but I bet it was scary for you and Pauline for awhile.  😮 

Stay well, hope the recovery continues.  

Thanks Pat it was unpleasant but fortunately Pauline has been okay and I feel a lot better now.

I hope you and Bucky are keeping well and safe.

• Like 2

Got a new toy yesterday...a Gaggia Babila automatic coffee machine.  I've been hooked on espresso for many years now.  Great coffee taste, all the caffeine, and much less liquid (guys of a certain age will appreciate why that's important).  I've had a Nespresso machine for several years and the pods are OK, but not truly what you'd get from a real coffee house.  I'm still dialing in the various settings as the initial attempts were weak in taste.  Makes many different automatic milk drinks as well, which my daughters appreciate.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, DaniDanielle said:

Keep us posted, been looking for a good machine.

Will do.  I knew that I wanted a super automatic (rather than manually pulling shots) and had narrowed it down to a Gaggia and a Jura.  Juras also get great reviews.  I ultimately chose the Gaggia Babila since it includes a steam wand if I ever want to do my own latte art, and I really like the milk pitcher concept of attaching to the machine for use, auto clean when done, and then putting the pitcher back in the refrigerator.  DW still likes a "regular" cup of coffee and the Babila has a flow control knob that makes it a little easier to switch between a coffee and an espresso.  I bought from a place called Whole Latte Love.  Check their web site and YouTube channel for lots of good info on various machines.

15 hours ago, harryfat1 said:

Sorry to be late to the party on this great long running thread.

Hi @harryfat1(aka "cheapo dad" 😁),

Welcome. It's never "too late" to a great party🌼

Reminds me of the Duchess of Windsor's (portrayed amazingly by Geraldine Chaplin in the "Crown") saying -- "you can never be too rich or too thin" 😉

Edited by dani negreanu
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Enjoy your new furbaby.....we all know how these appointments end.

We were that foster home for close to 10 years.  We took in pregnant mothers, mothers with a new batch of kittens or kittens that had been abandoned.  Surprisingly in all that time we only kept one.  It was hard at times as we definitely had our favorites but the reward for us was seeing the look on the adoptive parents faces as they took home their new family member.

I don't know how you did it!     I would end falling in love with all of them and so would my hubby.   

He sent me to pick out the cat as he said, if I go I will want to bring all of them home.      

It was a tough decision as soon as I walked in the door of her home cat by cat came to check me out.    She was shocked that her scaredy cat "Tommy" that always hide, came to check me out too.   

I brought home a white/black short haired boy who is about a year old.    I would upload a picture but he is under the bed since we came home an hour ago.     She named him Cory, but I'm not sure that I will keep that name just yet.   

While I was at her foster home he was a real sweetie and loves to play.    I couldn't decide between Cory and another buddy named Raul so I opened up my cat carrier and told her whoever goes in will be the one.     Cory walked right in and laid down on the blanket.     Raul ran off to play with another kitty.       

My Hubby says I should go back for Raul since they were already play buddies.    

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I don't know how you did it!     I would end falling in love with all of them and so would my hubby.   

He sent me to pick out the cat as he said, if I go I will want to bring all of them home.      

It was a tough decision as soon as I walked in the door of her home cat by cat came to check me out.    She was shocked that her scaredy cat "Tommy" that always hide, came to check me out too.   

I brought home a white/black short haired boy who is about a year old.    I would upload a picture but he is under the bed since we came home an hour ago.     She named him Cory, but I'm not sure that I will keep that name just yet.   

While I was at her foster home he was a real sweetie and loves to play.    I couldn't decide between Cory and another buddy named Raul so I opened up my cat carrier and told her whoever goes in will be the one.     Cory walked right in and laid down on the blanket.     Raul ran off to play with another kitty.       

My Hubby says I should go back for Raul since they were already play buddies.    

Our last group of foster kittens was 4 pure black ones. Of all the kittens we had ever fostered these were by far and away the best...so much personality.  My sister was going to take one and ended up with two and wishes now she had taken all 4.  

Enjoy your new family member...can’t wait to see pictures. 

• Like 4

On 11/27/2020 at 10:52 AM, firefly333 said:

I've got the covid blues. I need more people interaction, not just my parents and sister. The highlight of my staycation was installing a new 65 inch tv at my parents where their neighbors came to help, with masks on. But just the interaction and laughter helped.

I'm chomping at the bit to just go anywhere, but going alone doesnt hold much appeal.

We are doing Thanksgiving today, yesterday my sister and her hubby went to his daughters. I told mom no sense cooking as they wouldnt be hungry. So I was home alone for Thanksgiving but will go out today. 

Maybe I'm crazy, but I've had about enough alone time right now. I want my life back. I cant go visit friends or relatives as they are my age and not mixing with people.

I'm sick and tired of covid. Felt ready to scream last night. Even driving to the beach doesnt appeal, somewhat, I get take out and bring to my hotel room or risk mixing? 

You are not alone.    We are all here for you!     We all feel the covid blues and you are doing a wonderful job in keeping yourself safe since you are the main caregiver for your parents.    I understand it is not easy.     This all sucks but make sure you get out and do something to reset yourself every now and then.     

Even if you take a drive to the beach and just watch the ocean that is where I go when I need to reset.   If weather is nice there maybe enjoy outdoor dining that isn't crowded you may enjoy some interaction there.     Whenever we have done outdoor dining we kept our mask on until our food arrived and they had tables plenty far apart that we felt completely safe.      We did indoor dining and were the only people in that section of the restaurant so we felt safe with that and they had their windows wide open too.    Do whatever makes you feel safe, but make sure you do something to get out of the funk you feel now.     Take care!!😸

• Like 1

18 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Lucy was up to some antics as well today. She snuck into the large barn and I had to call her out at the end of the day. 

She is almost 40’ up.

9BA592F2-91DC-4C4A-BF4B-14CED1FE01F0.thumb.jpeg.0ab5b7c15a0e099adce54c70ec32a61c.jpeg

Can you spot her?

2E3D97DA-E5DE-4FEA-9AB7-A50D526D0ED8.thumb.jpeg.3c6a95822647ba34da100c41dbc7fe91.jpeg

She didn’t know what way to come down, so she walked the trusses some more.

B63072AC-2478-4480-9193-F6F061936EE4.thumb.jpeg.722bec5fe2d00a0cb98e25b21f6fe1f8.jpeg

She contemplated jumping for a few minutes. At least she is only 20’ up at this point. 

D7C84D3D-BF24-431A-BB99-C8E1C5FE78E8.thumb.jpeg.332ab90b868b3f7a57ff4ed56c9a4710.jpeg

Then she did. You can just see her tail.

99EF82DA-EC1A-4BC9-86A8-308E9D27DD44.thumb.jpeg.bb7fd6371b5e79c3b545a91debec0416.jpeg

A couple minutes later she was down.

A3D6C02C-1705-49C9-9A67-A8CE5085D3C1.thumb.jpeg.783c0693f59435d1bf34656a4a8551be.jpeg

I love these photos of Lucy, actually I enjoy all your photos - Thank you!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

He's so right...

"In for a cat, in for two..." (it's not that you didn't have already a mother and her kitten for many-many years 😉)

Very good point.    I will probably go pick up Raul tomorrow.    Today I'm cooking thanksgiving #2 for my other BIL.      

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I love these photos of Lucy, actually I enjoy all your photos - Thank you!!

She was hanging out this afternoon. Sucking up the heat while I did a little pruning 

2E917353-5021-4B61-AA7E-A42FD2C87D45.thumb.jpeg.0c63699358561dd36df39a1ed98f5697.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 3

Christmas is fully assembled now. The first piece out. Thankfully we keep it contained in the main level. 

853B3D2C-ACCC-4004-9286-A83CAC7DEE52.thumb.jpeg.bf0ca77aafdd54f10c9385ef6332e27f.jpeg

There might have been a few times during the day that Lisa thought about jamming me into the tree bag. 

789A2B01-5C82-464E-A726-B3A7A7AB9B95.thumb.jpeg.d998ac432bcc6d71b0b1a4b042120e0f.jpeg

Garland on the front fireplace. The Falmouth wood carvings have been retired for the season.

83CA19CE-462B-489F-AE28-A08F88500C9D.thumb.jpeg.03f23a3e86bd10eae58bd45309ff3fe3.jpeg

Our elf helper. 

58AEF71A-647D-4E3F-8468-80F657327CF4.thumb.jpeg.47951d62bc26921a3d5999ec4326f121.jpeg

It’s amazing how many ornaments we collected from cruise vacations. Not to mention ones Owen made at school in the younger grades. Man, we all need a holiday. 

09F7609C-C34A-4701-B4D6-2EEBE51FC643.thumb.jpeg.0ba91cbd9d0829f4cb202bea83781d26.jpeg

Edited by A&L_Ont
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, A&L_Ont said:

Christmas is fully assembled now. 

853B3D2C-ACCC-4004-9286-A83CAC7DEE52.thumb.jpeg.bf0ca77aafdd54f10c9385ef6332e27f.jpeg

There might have been a few times during the day that Lisa thought about jamming me into the tree bag. 

789A2B01-5C82-464E-A726-B3A7A7AB9B95.thumb.jpeg.d998ac432bcc6d71b0b1a4b042120e0f.jpeg

Garland on the front fireplace. The Falmouth wood carvings have been retired for the season.

83CA19CE-462B-489F-AE28-A08F88500C9D.thumb.jpeg.03f23a3e86bd10eae58bd45309ff3fe3.jpeg

Our elf helper. 

58AEF71A-647D-4E3F-8468-80F657327CF4.thumb.jpeg.47951d62bc26921a3d5999ec4326f121.jpeg

It’s amazing how many ornaments we collected from cruise vacations. Not to mention ones Owen made from at school as a

young kid. Man, we all need a holiday. 

09F7609C-C34A-4701-B4D6-2EEBE51FC643.thumb.jpeg.0ba91cbd9d0829f4cb202bea83781d26.jpeg

Owen continues to grow so fast. 

M8

• Like 2