Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

1 hour ago, helen haywood said:

Well, our current house is New Haywood and it was finished in 1880.  It was constructed from building materials from an older house, Haywood, which was a Federal style.  The owners wanted a Victorian closer to the main road.  So who knows exactly how old our stained glass and heart pine is?!

image.jpeg.0c43edb28a76d431178a93405468b986.jpeg

I need that wow button.  Beautiful home.  I love it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Luckynana said:

Ditto from me😉

Thank you.  Yeah, get your appointment!  Jim has been in so much pain for years;  he tried the injections in his knees, but got very little relief.  After the surgery on Monday, the surgeon asked how long Jim had been in this pain.  Jim told him it was for a long time.  Surgeon told me Jim's knee was such a mess, he found bits of bone and cartilage.   One thing Jim said to me,  is that people don't realize how much time firemen spend on their knees at fires.  Jim worked on the lower east side of Manhattan for years

I've never seen these potato chips before!  They must be delicious, since you've got 2 bags there.😉

Your home sounds beautiful.  How old is your Victorian?  The home we left on S.I. was well over 100 years old.  We still had the original clapboard on the house.  We love that house but it was getting to be too much for us.  

Thank you, Renee! ❤️  He really was in so much pain.  He's hoping to get his left knee done after we come back from Naples next May🤞

The son of one of our friends is with a Brooklyn FD .We know 4 other guys who are FD retirees.They do not get the recognition that they deserve.

• Like 3

image.thumb.jpeg.4eaa802351c77be7d3afbfa1b4f1c75d.jpegI tried a new bread recipe.  Just pulled it out of the oven.  It smells so good.  They call it Pane Bianco.  I was able to use a few fresh things from the garden.  Amish Paste tomatoes, basil and garlic.  I started by roasting the tomatoes.  After they were done I made a mix of the tomatoes, chopped basil and minced garlic. 
image.thumb.jpeg.cf2eecd992d6bcbe7b25201b438688a9.jpeg

Then I rolled out the dough and spread the mix all over.  Afternoon that I rolled up the dough,  cut it down the middle, shaped it like an 8 and then let it rise for an hour.

image.thumb.jpeg.d3cbe9c1b8967f9b5489086ce5015de6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4eaa802351c77be7d3afbfa1b4f1c75d.jpeg

Then popped it in the oven.  It smells so good.  I planned to take it to my daughter’s as is but My TA and I just decided to slice us a couple of pieces while it’s warm! Besides, Corrie bit into the cookie.

image.thumb.jpeg.8e58ee0aa225c48c0dee5ee08737c5c4.jpeg

Edited by Ozark_Kid
Left out the finished bread!
  • Like 16

1 hour ago, Luckynana said:

We're all rooting for you and Bucky, Pat!  Safe travels, and have a wonderful time!!!

It looks beautiful, Dani!!  Amazing view!

We were hoping Jim's would've been scheduled in July, but guy in charge of scheduling was out sick, couldn't be reached, etc. etc.  but, now it's done!!!!!

How is your wife doing since her surgery, Lenny?  All good, I trust?

Looks like a great and fun place to vacation, Jimbo!

She has 20 more days of home rehab.Due to medical problems neither one of us normally cannot take Advil.She spoke to her Hematologist today and he gave the okay for taking it short term.

• Like 1

Traveled today to tend to my parents graves, and place a fall wreath. 

We did a little walking on the Erie to Pittsburgh trail.  

D650E1DB-B09F-49E4-AD13-DE83CF523413.thumb.jpeg.12c514f90b7224bc514d9cc1e4faa76a.jpeg

It was a nice, level and paved trail, so it wasn’t too bad on the knee. Still too much leaf cover to get many views of the Allegheny River. 

1A3B256C-0119-48DF-AD77-C683BA74E375.thumb.jpeg.6a29a235920e8b095eb283fe7da0cbb9.jpeg

Did come across this interesting tidbit. Evidently, John Wilkes Booth lived in the area, and briefly formed an oil company that did not see much success. 

7ADD56E2-6A6E-42AA-8845-07B4F264CE10.thumb.jpeg.62589999d68f43af1da49c0b9a73aeee.jpeg

• Like 12

2 hours ago, BonTexasNY said:

I was an in-patient for PT after my femur bone surgery to repair a break.  I had 2 sessions daily.  Grueling!  My therapist used to hunt me down if I was 5 minutes late.  He once came into the dining room while I was having breakfast.  He was 10 minutes early.  I told him to go torture someone else that morning.  😄 PT paid off.  I was back at work less than 3 weeks later. I could have returned sooner but I had a flight of stairs I had to walk up to get  up to my office.

Good luck with Jim's PT!  Ask his therapist/doctor if Jim should take a pain pill 30 mins. before PT sessions.

Wow Bonnie.  A femur bone break.  That sounds so very painful.  I'm glad it all worked out for you with your PT.  Thanks for the tip about the pain pill.  They told Jim to do that before his session tomorrow.😉

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

That looks delicious!!  

58 minutes ago, molly361 said:

We are on the Mariner right now and it's bordering and almost intrusive how many times at dinner the waiter and assistant waiter are asking us how everything is and what they can do for us. I know it's a nice gesture but it's not really

Enjoy your cruise!!!!

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Luckynana said:

Wow Bonnie.  A femur bone break.  That sounds so very painful.  I'm glad it all worked out for you with your PT.  Thanks for the tip about the pain pill.  They told Jim to do that before his session tomorrow.😉

It didn't break clean through but it was cracked real bad. Glad Jim got the same advice about the pain pill.  

After a week in that facility, they took away my prescription pain pills and only gave me tylenol.  I went berserk and shouted "give me my pills" similar to Shirley MacLaine in the movie Terms of Endearment screaming at the nurses to give her daughter her medication,  They said they didn't want me to become addicted.  After one week??  Seriously?  I had 2 rods inserted in my femur bone.  I took the tylenol and after one hour I still was in pain.   They must have gotten in touch with the dr because I got my pills. 

Less than 1 week after that,  I did fine and only took tylenol as needed.

Sorry to vent.  I'll be quiet now.  🤐

• Like 9

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Well, our current house is New Haywood and it was finished in 1880.  It was constructed from building materials from an older house, Haywood, which was a Federal style.  The owners wanted a Victorian closer to the main road.  So who knows exactly how old our stained glass and heart pine is?!

Absolutely love the old houses. Key Wast has some cool looking ones also.

3 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

IF the tweaked Pfizer will be available in December that will be  Perfect timing for you and Mike.

That would be nice. It would be good to get it ASAP since we have more cruises booked.

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

image.thumb.jpeg.d3cbe9c1b8967f9b5489086ce5015de6.jpeg

That looks so tasty.

2 hours ago, molly361 said:

We are on the Mariner right now and it's bordering and almost intrusive how many times at dinner the waiter and assistant waiter are asking us how everything is and what they can do for us. I know it's a nice gesture but it's not really

We had the same problem. It does become very annoying when you are trying to eat. Enjoy your cruise.

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

A different way to fish for those 10s on the feedback from?

A couple of weeks ago we had one actually ask us to give them 10’s. I was annoyed.

Edited by ReneeFLL
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

image.thumb.jpeg.4eaa802351c77be7d3afbfa1b4f1c75d.jpegI tried a new bread recipe.  Just pulled it out of the oven.  It smells so good.  They call it Pane Bianco.  I was able to use a few fresh things from the garden.  Amish Paste tomatoes, basil and garlic.  I started by roasting the tomatoes.  After they were done I made a mix of the tomatoes, chopped basil and minced garlic. 

Then I rolled out the dough and spread the mix all over.  Afternoon that I rolled up the dough,  cut it down the middle, shaped it like an 8 and then let it rise for an hour.

image.thumb.jpeg.d3cbe9c1b8967f9b5489086ce5015de6.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.4eaa802351c77be7d3afbfa1b4f1c75d.jpeg

Then popped it in the oven.  It smells so good.  I planned to take it to my daughter’s as is but My TA and I just decided to slice us a couple of pieces while it’s warm! Besides, Corrie bit into the cookie.

That looks delicious.  I'm sure it smells as good as it looks. 

The Chef must always try before sharing🤪

• Like 1

LOL! I would be flattered with all that falling over me.......😁

But the constant hinting for a10 score would annoy me.

Edited by Arzeena
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, helen haywood said:

Gorgeous home with a beautiful property too!

Enjoy your cruise.  Although annoying they are probably really trying to please you. They just don't know when enough is enough.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

OMG these are huge.  Seriously a piece of cake ontop.  That's a belly ache in the making.   Looks delicious😃

Is the cutey your grandaughter?

Actually that was a table next to us, we were in awe of looking at all the different ones they were making and just sneaked over and snapped a picture of the 3 sitting there.

We were there about 30 minutes, during that time they had made about 15 shakes

We only waited about 10 minutes before we got there. We are told during the summer season, the line for waiting is like the lines setup that you see at Disney, they can be up to a 3 hour wait until you get your shake.

They actually have 2 of this shops in Myrtle Beach, one down the south end and one up in North Myrtle Beach.

• Like 3

So we both tried it and the bread taste so good and so soft.  For the first time I tried the tangzhong technique, a Japanese method for increasing the softness and shelf life.  I am going to try it on rolls when I get back.

Here is what it looks like sliced.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1e1309e49d599572184bd989f6625a59.jpeg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So we both tried it and the bread taste so good and so soft.  For the first time I tried the tangzhong technique, a Japanese method for increasing the softness and shelf life.  I am going to try it on rolls when I get back.

This looks amazing.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I could make that my entire meal much like I do with pizza.

• Like 3