Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

12 hours ago, Biker19 said:

A different way to fish for those 10s on the feedback from?

Had a new one last week.  The waiter talked about the importance of the survey to them and how he hopes that we would score him well, yada, yada, yada.  He then said, "you know what a good score is right?".  When I answered 10, he just smiled and nodded.  I wonder if he thinks it's different because I said the word 10 instead of him??

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Ozark_Kid said:

So we both tried it and the bread taste so good and so soft.  For the first time I tried the tangzhong technique, a Japanese method for increasing the softness and shelf life.  I am going to try it on rolls when I get back.

Here is what it looks like sliced.  

image.thumb.jpeg.1e1309e49d599572184bd989f6625a59.jpeg

My mouth is watering.  If it tastes half as good as it looks, it must be absolutely delicious.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I tried to watch the video but all I get is an error 

"Sorry!

We could not locate the item you are trying to view."

Weird It's happened to me before. I thought you should be able to upload videos as attached files and they would appear in a player ready to watch.

Let’s try this… CC has been grieving me for weeks even with logging out and deleting cookies almost daily.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, bobmacliberty said:

My mouth is watering.  If it tastes half as good as it looks, it must be absolutely delicious.  

I hope Michelle had a great 39th.🙂  You cruise photos looked wonderful too. Thanks for sharing your experience and photos. 

We had a great birthday dinner last night for Micheline.  The restaurant is called Le Clos.  French provincial.  We started with an order of pate and then shared a Caesar salad.  For our entrees, Micheline had the duck and I had the tuna.  No dessert...we were too full.  Fantastic meal, seated in a covered outdoor garden with perfect weather.

IMG_7786.thumb.jpg.e3014639afac103eebebc9589be70b2b.jpg

IMG_7788.thumb.jpg.916e573941103b9b0b78d721f3c2f122.jpg

IMG_7789.thumb.jpg.b0f7f76f07b586f269ec693112afa730.jpg

• Like 19

13 minutes ago, bobmacliberty said:

Had a new one last week.  The waiter talked about the importance of the survey to them and how he hopes that we would score him well, yada, yada, yada.  He then said, "you know what a good score is right?".  When I answered 10, he just smiled and nodded.  I wonder if he thinks it's different because I said the word 10 instead of him??

I temember one cruise we had a waiter who was actually excellent but he kept bringing up the evaluations time after time. I got so sick if it I remember turning to my brother and saying if he mentions it ine more time he can kiss that 10 goodbye.

I did find out, just chatting as the week went on, that he had just been promoted to waiter from assistant and I chalked up the constant reminders to insecurity. However, this happens way too frequently to always be due to a fresh promotion.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had a great birthday dinner last night for Micheline.  The restaurant is called Le Clos.  French provincial.  We started with an order of pate and then shared a Caesar salad.  For our entrees, Micheline had the duck and I had the tuna.  No dessert...we were too full.  Fantastic meal, seated in a covered outdoor garden with perfect weather.

Looks like an amazing meal.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Let’s try this…

That works. Seems CC like's videos embedded from You Tube better than uploaded videos with different codecs. I plan on having a bunch of videos on my upcoming cruise review. I would rather just upload than have to upload to You Tube just to post here. May try to do some tests to see which codecs CC likes.

2 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

We had a great birthday dinner last night for Micheline.  The restaurant is called Le Clos.  French provincial. 

Glad she had a great celebration. Your dinner looks fantastic.

3 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

Delicious and elegant.  Special way to celebrate Micheline's birthday.

58 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I just did a test of attaching two videos both H.264.mov files one using my laptop the other via the phone

Did  you use the app that came with the phone?  I am looking for one for android (s21 ultra) that would allow me to use my own music.

4 hours ago, bobmacliberty said:

I took the pic with my new phone.  I am now looking forward to taking food pics on the cruise.  The recipe is from the flour company King Author.  Their website has a bunch of recipes that have been perfected by their chefs. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Did  you use the app that came with the phone?  I am looking for one for android (s21 ultra) that would allow me to use my own music.

No app. For my phone I just logged into CC via Chrome and attached via my camera library. The other file I had on my computer and attached through the Chrome browser.

What app are you looking for. One to edit videos and add music?

22 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

I took the pic with my new phone.  I am now looking forward to taking food pics on the cruise.  The recipe is from the flour company King Author.  Their website has a bunch of recipes that have been perfected by their chefs. 

I used the Japanese method for some cinnamon rolls, they turned out great.  I like King Arthur’s recipes since they give measurements as weights, that’s much more accurate.

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

I just did a test of attaching two videos both H.264.mov files one using my laptop the other via the phone. Both got uploaded and played in the post. I am at a loss for why some videos appear and play just fine from people and others don't.

From my last days video experience -- my Iphone gets me the .mov, which worked for some , and the Samsung gets .mp4, which worked for everybody...

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

From my last days video experience -- my Iphone gets me the .mov, which worked for some , and the Samsung gets .mp4, which worked for everybody...

Yes .mp4 is better. Most other platforms don't like the original Apple Quicktime .mov format.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

I didn't think that Quicktime even existed any longer. The .mov format is a pita.

It doesn't. The original Quicktime  MOV is another type of digital container file for videos and other multimedia. Apple developed MOV for use with the Apple QuickTime Player. Like MP4 files, MOV videos are encoded with the MPEG-4 codec. Most .MOV files are either MPEG-2 or MPEG-4.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

No app. For my phone I just logged into CC via Chrome and attached via my camera library. The other file I had on my computer and attached through the Chrome browser.

What app are you looking for. One to edit videos and add music?

Yes, One to edit videos and add music.  The editor that came with the phone works good but would enjoy being able to choose what music I want to use.

We were impressed with the Jacksonville Zoo yesterday.  We are used to the Cincinnati Zoo, which is fairly large and is often voted one of the 10 best zoos in the country.  We didn't expect much from the Jacksonville Zoo and were pleasantly surprised.  We got there a little before 10:00am and there was almost no one there.  Eventually, some moms with strollers appeared, with an occasional grandparent.

Micheline loves zoos for both the animals and the plants.  She is very much into landscaping and was able to find a few plants that we didn't have in Ohio.  Even better though, they were setting up for their Halloween Spooktacular.  Micheline is um...and I say this in the most loving way...a Halloween freak.  She was very excited to see some of the Halloween decorations.  I took several pics with my iPhone.  Will definitely need to go back with my big Canon.

Animal pics

APC_1942-hdr.thumb.jpg.be8fc226eb759d2a10f0efd34aff4843.jpg

APC_1957-hdr.thumb.jpg.4b9ad7e022c14bf876e0000ab3d9edfa.jpg

APC_1969-hdr.thumb.jpg.c3eac9c743f8ee0fc857c56e23b3b638.jpg

APC_2002-hdr.thumb.jpg.c13eb204ae88c864a6fca30ef67ba6bf.jpg

APC_2083-hdr.thumb.jpg.7bd130405810bcb3a0d0b6542c0f2a5a.jpg

APC_2098-hdr.thumb.jpg.41b9f52f16c312f6545407919eb51234.jpg

APC_2200-hdr.thumb.jpg.14bfc3f61bc6554c3bbe7c47c33c3d57.jpg

APC_2236-hdr.thumb.jpg.c5e9342347fa4cac463a0fa3f6074111.jpg

Hakuna Matata

APC_2239-hdr.thumb.jpg.77752cf22bcb551d55158cc8a5ec86af.jpg

We got to the Giraffe area when they were hand feeding.  They have 3 "Covid Baby" giraffes who were conceived in Spring 2020 when the zoo was on lockdown and there weren't a lot of zoo staff around.  😉

APC_2140-hdr.thumb.jpg.73fa8d1fedd5e6eb4d29fcce57a4a1d4.jpg

APC_2155-hdr.thumb.jpg.ec9afb4d526bd1f3d56ffdfd22199012.jpg

APC_2179-hdr.thumb.jpg.e577482fd45c29ffcba3e06d2bd4ee0e.jpg

APC_2182-hdr.thumb.jpg.4477751d86cab442df2616bda1c06b03.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

The Giant Otters were very active and playful.  I could have watched them for hours.  A member of the zoo staff held a piece of paper against the glass and they all had to come look at what it was.  Very curious.  Hopefully my conversion from an iPhone .mov to an .mp4 will allow the video to work.

APC_1987-hdr.thumb.jpg.34d4c62aada42d28c23bc8048f974d19.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1