Royal Caribbean Cruisers -- How Are Things Where You Are? (was "Routine" ​ 😁 ​day in lockdown... how was yours?)

We all having a lovely day?  We are finally having our fence installed that was ordered back in May.  We were told it would take 8 weeks for the materials to come in and it took 17 weeks! 😱 They came yesterday to take down the old fence and are here now starting the install.  Unfortunately, they subcontracted the install out to someone else and so far, not happy.  Yesterday after they left, I went down to get my mail and found a mess.  In pulling the post and rail fence out that is on top of a six foot stone wall, they dropped rocks, one the size of a cantaloupe, down onto the sidewalk below and left them there.  We also allowed our neighbors to install coated mesh fencing on our post and rail fence to keep their dog in the yard and their 3 year old daughter.  When these guys pulled the brads out of the fence, they left them all on the ground in my neighbors yard.  I understand that my yard is a mess right now but they can't leave safety issues for my neighbors in their yards and on the public sidewalk!  To make matters worse, one post that was identified as being in concrete along with my neighbors fence, they now want to leave and reuse since they can't move it without my neighbor's fence going down.

OK, deep breaths.  They should be done today, hopefully.

• Like 9

13 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Has this thread possibly set a CC record for the most responses and pages? Can't believe this is still going at 1,313 pages!! 32,800 posts?  Anybody know if that is unprecedented? 

This thread has likely set a record for every internet message board.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, OnTheJourney said:

Has this thread possibly set a CC record for the most responses and pages? Can't believe this is still going at 1,313 pages!! 32,800 posts?  Anybody know if that is unprecedented? 

I have posted this before but since you asked the question it bears repeating.In 1999 when the Internet was in its infancy a NYC news magazine decided to run a story on Internet message boards.They chose to write about a Brooklyn Nostalgia board .They contacted the owner of the board and said they would like to interview 2 people who posted the most.I was one of the two.They asked why I post so much and if I believed that message boards would soon disappear .The board still exists today because people love discussing childhood and young adult memories.The magazine is no longer being published but I believe the board will exist forever.I believe that Dani’s thread will exist forever as well because nobody tired of posting on it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

I don't mind getting up early to go to the airport. I don't sleep well anyway the night before leaving for vacation.

I have no idea how many posts I miss on this thread. After being away a few hours there are just too many pages to catch up on.

I try not missing any.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Today  is  a  good  day, we  just finished  our Binax Abbott  proctored  covid  tests and are negative . Now can start  packing  for Odyssey  on Sunday  🚢🍸

Test   was easy  very minimal  waiting . Husband  had some difficulty  with accents  but they  allowed  me  to  help  him.

Looking  forward  to  seeing  a new ship.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

They may not be as dedicated as you and come to a cruise board to get, you know, cruise information only.

People can do both .There are more than enough threads to get cruise information and posts on this thread to get cruise information as well

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

We all having a lovely day?  We are finally having our fence installed that was ordered back in May.  We were told it would take 8 weeks for the materials to come in and it took 17 weeks! 😱 They came yesterday to take down the old fence and are here now starting the install.  Unfortunately, they subcontracted the install out to someone else and so far, not happy.  Yesterday after they left, I went down to get my mail and found a mess.  In pulling the post and rail fence out that is on top of a six foot stone wall, they dropped rocks, one the size of a cantaloupe, down onto the sidewalk below and left them there.  We also allowed our neighbors to install coated mesh fencing on our post and rail fence to keep their dog in the yard and their 3 year old daughter.  When these guys pulled the brads out of the fence, they left them all on the ground in my neighbors yard.  I understand that my yard is a mess right now but they can't leave safety issues for my neighbors in their yards and on the public sidewalk!  To make matters worse, one post that was identified as being in concrete along with my neighbors fence, they now want to leave and reuse since they can't move it without my neighbor's fence going down.

OK, deep breaths.  They should be done today, hopefully.

Sure hope the install goes well today and they clean up their mess, especially what they did to your neighbors yard.     

It is crazy how the supply chain for just about everything has been impacted by covid.     

My neighbor is getting new carpeting in their bedrooms they ordered in June.     3 weeks ago the contractor arrived to remove their old carpeting and said the new carpet would be in the next day.   Nope, never arrived so they moved all their furniture back into each bedroom and have been living with plywood floors in their bedrooms.     No idea why he didn't wait to remove old carpet and pad without having the new one in the truck.   Would have been better to just move all the furniture one time instead of back and forth.     

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Every year for October in recognition of those affected by breast cancer our local community sells t - shirts where all profits are gifted to those battling the disease.  They can use the money as they wish.  
The following shirt a few years back raised the most profits. 

Stay healthy. 

D4D06D60-1E5B-4FAA-A47F-81452C8B134D.jpeg

• Like 19
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Lionesss said:

The following shirt a few years back raised the most profits. 

I like the t-shirt for this very worthy cause.

Not being familiar with baseball (???), it's meaning is lost on me (even though I've tried to google it, instead of asking dumb questions 😢...)

19 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Sure hope the install goes well today and they clean up their mess, especially what they did to your neighbors yard.     

Thanks. These are just a few of the brads I was able to find. Great toy for a 3 year old girl and a curious ten month old brindle. NOT!

8F92687A-FE44-467D-AECF-24C550C6BAE6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2021 at 10:06 PM, singinalot said:

Don’t think I’ve seen you post in while @HBE4 

thinking of you

On 9/28/2021 at 10:46 PM, helen haywood said:

+1

Thank you! Seriously, thank you so much!  In this place of "friends who have not met yet", I truly find comfort that my friends here are still thinking of me all these months later. 

Especially you, @singinalot as you seem  to have so much going on in your life & a plethora of Internet friends as well. Thank you for taking the time for the shout out!  As someone who enjoys traveling, I've been enthusiastically following your weekend getaways as well as your upcoming Greece trip thread. I will be living/traveling  vicariously thru you.  And your trip planning & ability to secure a deal skills are nothing short of admirable.

On 9/29/2021 at 3:06 AM, grapau27 said:

I was thinking exactly the same.

Prayers 🙏 everything is okay @HBE4 and his dear wife is improving.

Graham.

Thank you Graham. One thing I always look forward to and can count on is seeing pics of you and your DW here & you never disappoint.  Even without words, the love and dedication you have  for each other shines thru each and every picture. Thank you for the prayers. After almost 6 months, the journey my DW is on has been a story of one step forward, two steps back, followed by two steps forward and one step back. So things are not really trending in a good way but the journey will continue.

Just realized as I typed "almost 6 months" that it feels both like 6 years and 6 days at the same time, if that makes sense. Is it really October already?

On 9/29/2021 at 7:41 AM, dani negreanu said:

I was thinking the same, and waited for a "lull" in posts, so as not being lost among many-many others... 😉

Thank you Dani for both this safe space thread and keeping me in your thoughts.  In addition to the health issues, I've been dealing with  many related legal, financial, work and home-life balance issues as well that has kept me from engaging in any meaningful conversations of CC.  So I'm more of a lurker-in-the-shadows type person now.

And I do lurk!!  However, whenever I do come here, there is usually 15+ pages to catch up on and unlike many others, I'll only go back 2 or 3 pages to catch up. So I miss a lot of stuff.

But I do get an e-mail notification whenever I'm tagged in a post with the "@" so I'll know when people are talking about me🙂 even when I'm not on CC for  many days at a time. So whenever you or any others want to get my attention, that's how to do it. It's like ringing the dinner bell, I'll come a running (well, maybe a slow amble).

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, dani negreanu said:

I like the t-shirt for this very worthy cause.

Not being familiar with baseball (???), it's meaning is lost on me (even though I've tried to google it, instead of asking dumb questions 😢...)

The baseball analysis has to do with sexual activity.  First base is kissing and additional bases involve more intimate activity.  This might help:

What Are The "Bases" In A Relationship? | Regain

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1